Home
Anybody know the OD of the factory barrels AT THE RECEIVER for the TC G2 Carbine and the standard Encore rifle? I'm trying to figure out whether to build a 16 1/2" .357 Maximum on a G2 or on an Encore. Any info or opinions gratefully accepted!
Encore factory 24" .308 measures 1.0"
Contender factory 21" .17HMR measures 0.810"
Thanks! Just what I needed to know.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa
Mesa: There is about a 1 pound difference between the Encore receiver and the Contender receiver. The Contender action is limited to about 40,000 psi and the Encore is limited to SAMMI cartridge specifications which are generally 60,000 psi. If you are just doing a 357 Maximum I would stick with the Contender because it is lighter. However, nobody just has one barrel for a Contender or Encore so i guess it depends on your future barrel choices.
Thanks for the respective weights of the two rifles. Helps me in my planning....the hardest thing in the process for me is that there are TOO MANY choices. We Americans tend to think that having endless choices is a good thing, but sometimes I wonder!

Seriously, since one of the barrels I want for this Encore build is either a 20 magnum or 12 guage shotgun, I think the extra pound of weight may be a VERY good thing. Single shot shotguns KICK!

The shotgun barrel may be far in the future, tho. I finally got my 26" VR MGM .410 G2 barrel after a LONG wait. Took 3 California quail last weekend with five shots. It works.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa
© 24hourcampfire