Home
Posted By: limabean H&R in 35 Remington - 03/04/20
Anybody have experience with one of these? Saw one today that has plastic camo stock with a bipod for 200.00, what’s the good and bad?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/05/20
Sounds like good flipping material, even if you don't like it yourself. I never cared much for them, but the design is proven and very popular.
Posted By: Jericho Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/05/20
Limited run from a few years ago, kind of hard to find.
Posted By: Alaninga Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/05/20
I would like to know where it is.
Posted By: Live2hunt941 Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/05/20
I HAVE A PAIR OF THEM......they are awesome and very accurate short range deer rifles extremely accurate with hornady flex tips little or no recoil and just a great all around short range deer rifle i would jump on it for $200
Posted By: limabean Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/05/20
I may get it to try. My flipping success hasn’t always been that good. Thanks for the responses.
Posted By: Jericho Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/05/20
If I remember correctly they came with a combo 444 Marlin barrel. They also made them in 35 Whelen that is/was fairly easy to find. A large distributor in Alabama sold them mostly.
Posted By: ATC Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/06/20
If you end up buying it for $200 and don't like it you definitely won't lose money in a resale. H&R rifle have somewhat of a cult following, especially in the oddball calibers
Posted By: 4570fan Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/06/20
Buy it and sell the bipod. Plenty of wood stocks on ebay if you don't like the plastic.
Posted By: fourbore Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/07/20
I like these guns. The main thing I try and keep in mind is these were eccono guns and there was the occasional slip up .I had a bad shotgun and my friend had a problem with his 243. That is 2 out of a very large number between us both. Issues can run the gammut, I dont think any that are obvious until you start shooting.

One idiosyncrasy is: if you oil the action it can pop open. These are best lubed with just a few drops into the trigger area and nothing around the lugs, I dont think it is dangerous, but; some people will freak. I never had it happen, then I always consider these beater guns. Fun, no worry, low maintenance (very low).

Barrels need to be fitted, so beware replacement barrels on eBay, etc.. Some trial and error can work IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. In general, just dont do it.

I like the wood stocks. The wood is crap, but; I like them. I like the forearm with the schnoble tip. I think choat made a black plastic that cut down weight. This is really not the gun to worry about making it fancy. If it camo, fine, its camo.

I used to read a lot of good thing about 35 rem and a former friend swore by that in a Marlin. Today, ammo is scarce if available at all. I only meet one person at our club still shooting that and he reloads.
Posted By: 4570fan Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/08/20
Not a lot of load choices but ammo is easy to find online. Midway carries four different loads.
Posted By: fourbore Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/08/20
I see, you are right. Midway has Federal, Hornady and Remington ammo. I hate to be the guy repeating false information. Sorry. I wonder why the guy at my club complained. He said is was a such problem even to find brass! I am glad to be wrong, it was really to good to die out.
Posted By: bkraft Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 03/08/20
Go over to GBO they have an entire section devoted to the Handi Rifle.
Posted By: Wallacem Re: H&R in 35 Remington - 04/02/20
I have the combo model, 35 and 444 bbls. Both calibers are favorites of mine and this H&R shoots the best groups thru both bbls of all the guns I have in those calibers. It is one firm keeper to me. Wallace in Ga
© 24hourcampfire