Home
Posted By: 41rem Putting together a T-C Carbine - 06/13/20
Thinking G2 with preferably a 20" K Hornet barrel. I like the wood stock & fore end. Where to start finding parts?

I'm a T-C newbie.
Haus Of Arms
MGM
EABCO
Buds

They are addictive!
Got my SS G2 rifle frame from Oakland Guns in AR. Bought an MGM .44 barrel and a TC .22 LR Match barrel from Haus of Arms. They have lots of accessories, but some of the stocks they have look a but wild and/or clunky to my taste. They also have TC factory wood.

MGM and some others will make the barrel of your dreams for $400-$500 bucks, and Gunbroker has scads of new and used ones. Prices are all over. Figure approx. $400 for a rifle frame with stock and forend. Blued & walnut .30/30s are $650 or so on GB too, if you think you might be getting a deer barrel someday.
Here's my latest 'kit' gun...

300 Blackout, 10" Twist, Muffled, sub-sonic ONLY, of course...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Fodder - 231grns worth...

PS: Looking for another frame..............
Muffin what are you getting for velocity out of that set up?? Cheers Thanks for you time. NC
Originally Posted by 41rem
Thinking G2 with preferably a 20" K Hornet barrel. I like the wood stock & fore end. Where to start finding parts?

I'm a T-C newbie.

This is exactly what I have. MGM threaded barrel and it is as sweet as grandma’s desserts.
Originally Posted by northcountry
Muffin what are you getting for velocity out of that set up?? Cheers Thanks for you time. NC
Intentionally running them subsonic, 1050-1100fps.....
Picked up a new G2 frame in stainless with the synthetic stock set.

Now I'm barrel shopping for a 1 in 12 twist K Hornet with a minimum length of 20". If any leads on a lightly used one please contact me.

I failed to tell you the twist on my barrel is 1-12''. You'll love it.
Originally Posted by muffin
Here's my latest 'kit' gun...

300 Blackout, 10" Twist, Muffled, sub-sonic ONLY, of course...

Fodder - 231grns worth...

PS: Looking for another frame..............

Are some suppressors designed to come apart for cleaning after shooting cast bullets? That looks like a bunch of fun.
Originally Posted by 41rem

I'm a T-C newbie.

Saw a young woodchuck today and thought a light .22 hornet would be perfect walk around rig.
Very cool project, have fun getting one together smile
Try ED's TCS good guy to deal with just may have everything you need.
© 24hourcampfire