Home
Posted By: Sherwood How to be rid of armadillos - 02/15/24
A family of armadillos has taken up residence under my deck. How to be rid of them? - Sherwood
Try tossing a handful of mothballs underneath
Friend puts up a section of fence on either side leading to a cage trap. The armadillo just follow the fence line to the opening. He has been very successful with yhis
I feel you. They demolished our yard and neighboring yards last year. Like Crappie said if you can get them to funnel into a trap that will sometimes work. We ended up having to shoot them. Between my neighbors and us we killed about 10 last summer/fall. We used CCI Quiet subsonics. Not much louder than a pellet rifle. Everyone was pretty cool as they wanted them gone. But I live in a neighborhood with larger wooded lots.
My 22 mag or 204 Ruger lol. In town a ruger 177 cal air rifle shoots 1200 fps. I use the heaviest pellet i can find. A 22 cal air rifle shoots 1000 fps would i deal. Most run but not far. I have used it on skunks too.
Posted By: hanco Re: How to be rid of armadillos - 03/18/24
Killed 15 summer before last, had my yard jacked up
Posted By: JPro Re: How to be rid of armadillos - 03/18/24
Or find an Armadillo Hound.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by JPro
Or find an Armadillo Hound.

Black mouth cur or Rhodesian Ridgeback?

GR
Posted By: JPro Re: How to be rid of armadillos - 03/18/24
Tough to tell in that pic but she's a little dog pound pitbull pup we got a few years back. She loves to chase and shake an armadillo or whatever other varmint she can find. Same coloration as a Blackmouth or Ridgeback.

© 24hourcampfire