What bait is best?
Thanks in advance.
John
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/07/18
From what I have seen, they like the yellow lines. wink

Sorry, no help.
Just a smart-ass.
Posted By: WL205 Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/07/18
More important than bait is to guide the dilla to your trap. Use boards or something to make a "V" that funnels them to the live trap. Worms work as bait, they also love persimmons. Good luck.
Posted By: Muffin Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/07/18
Worked with a guy that had a dillo problem................ tried all sorts of things with no luck.

Finally. He got a bunch of wooden stakes and screw eyes, staked around the yard, screw eyes in the stakes about half of dillo height, ran mono through the eyes, into the house and tied to a pot on the kitchen counter....... went to bed...... woke up when the pot fell off the counter, went outside with light and 22....... bang flop..... went back to bed................. cleaned up all in the morning.....
Posted By: LNF150 Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/07/18
Originally Posted by WL205
More important than bait is to guide the dilla to your trap. Use boards or something to make a "V" that funnels them to the live trap. Worms work as bait, they also love persimmons. Good luck.

^^^ this is the way I've done it using 2x6 or 2x8's^^^
get some plastic fence and funnel that diller to your trap about the only way to catch them.
Posted By: 9Legend Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/08/21
Funnel it towards a live trap. I've had luck digging up some moist dirt, putting dirt in a panty hose and hang the panty hose in the trap
Posted By: OkieDokie Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/08/21
Is it the panty hose or the dirt?
Posted By: 9Legend Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/08/21
Ha, I guess it depends on your source.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/17/21
Try cinnamon applesauce as bait. The cheap WalMart variety has worked for me in the past. Placement of the trap is really important, too.

Ed
Posted By: 44mc Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/18/21
if you ever catch a diller in a live trap leave it in there tell it takes a dump or a piss dont kill it in the trap then put the trap in a garbage bag then you have a trap that will catch every diller that comes in your yard
Posted By: killerv Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/18/21
I had three together in the yard awhile back mid morning, I have never seen more than one at a time. Mating season or something?

We hunt where there is kaolin....our dillas are almost solid white from digging in it.
Posted By: 44mc Re: How to trap Armadillos - 02/19/21
the males will fight like dogs over a female in heat
Posted By: KB64 Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/10/21
Originally Posted by 44mc
if you ever catch a diller in a live trap leave it in there tell it takes a dump or a piss dont kill it in the trap then put the trap in a garbage bag then you have a trap that will catch every diller that comes in your yard

This right here. Also a wooden box trap with carpet in the bottom to hold the 'Diller scent works well.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/20/21
After you catch em, take a piece of rope and tie it tight around their middle and lay em down. You can pick em up later of you want. They won’t go no where.
Posted By: 44mc Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/20/21
when us boys would catch 2 and tie there tails together and have pulling matches . it did fling some dirt tell they got side buy side and run off grin
Posted By: BT99 Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/22/21

I sure don't know how, but I would like to know why..
Posted By: Hubert Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/23/21
who wants to catch a dillon and why???
Posted By: Hubert Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/23/21
who wants to catch a dillon and why???
Posted By: 44mc Re: How to trap Armadillos - 04/24/21
they tear your yard up like a hog dose .digging holes looking for worms & bugs
© 24hourcampfire