Home
Posted By: FishinHank NAFA is kaput - 12/12/19
Not sure if everyone knows but NAFA is no more. Will be interesting to see what prices do this year.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: NAFA is kaput - 12/12/19
This the first I've heard of it.
Posted By: atse Re: NAFA is kaput - 12/12/19
They went into chapter 11, or the equivalent there of in Canada, to restructure. No sale this year. There was an article in the Trapper, and predator caller..
Posted By: TRnCO Re: NAFA is kaput - 12/12/19
SO far coyotes are bringing about the same as they did last year, in my area, with the same fur buyer as the last several years.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: NAFA is kaput - 12/12/19
Hank, as I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, NAFA was just a meeting place for the buyers to get together, an auction. I read where they had mink ranches, that they are selling, and I'm sure there are other thing that they will drop. However, just because they are gone, doesn't mean the buyers are gone, just the buyers dont, at this point, have a central place to do their business 3 or 4 times a year.

Am I right about all this?
Posted By: FishinHank Re: NAFA is kaput - 12/12/19
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Hank, as I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, NAFA was just a meeting place for the buyers to get together, an auction. I read where they had mink ranches, that they are selling, and I'm sure there are other thing that they will drop. However, just because they are gone, doesn't mean the buyers are gone, just the buyers dont, at this point, have a central place to do their business 3 or 4 times a year.

Am I right about all this?

Yep. Over the years their focus was more and more on farmed fur.

There is still FHA. I won't comment on Groenwald, other than I will never sell to them ever again.
Posted By: johnw Re: NAFA is kaput - 12/23/19
I used to walk into Groenewalds and sell directly to them. Can't count the times I said I'd never go back.
Over the long haul it didn't seem to matter.

I haven't sold fur since the mid 90s and am out of touch with all aspects.
© 24hourcampfire