Home
I just finished reading "The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend".

I highly recommend it. It covered a lot more than just what the title suggests, especially previous history as in how the Sioux and their counterparts came to be where they ended up. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Jeff
Its an excellent book. Informative and entertaining
Thanks! I'll try it!
Jeff,
I agree, as I just started it and I am enjoying it!
Ordered a copy myself.
I'm about half way through and not only enjoying it but learning, and understanding more along the way!
Well, I was able to finish up this wonderful Book, as I try to "Enjoy the Moment", when I decide to take the time in the relaxing part of the Evenings, before Bed time!

I would not only endorse the Book, but down the road I would read it again!

Knowledgeable and exciting!

Thanks again for the Recommendation!
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm reading it now and it's as informative and well written as you said. As the previous history you mentioned points out the Sioux ended up on this land by taking it from other Indian tribes after they were run out of most of Minnesota by the better armed Chippewas.
I also ordered a copy. I'm only a couple chapters in but enjoying it and learning a lot.
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm reading it now and it's as informative and well written as you said. As the previous history you mentioned points out the Sioux ended up on this land by taking it from other Indian tribes after they were run out of most of Minnesota by the better armed Chippewas.

Yeah, I found that interesting, in itself!
The authors, Drury & Clavin have written several good books. One really good one IMO. "The Last Stand Of Fox Company" was about a Marine Rifle Company holding a vital position at Chosin Reservoir that there wasn't much left of after three days & nights of almost continuous combat. A lot of it was in the words of the people who were there.
I'll have to check that out!

Thanks!

HS58
It’s on the shelf, haven’t gotten to it yet but I’ve heard good things
Excellent book
I bought one of these books due to this thread. I agree, it is an excellent book.
Try "ridgeline" by Michael punke. Author of the revenant. Has great stuff on bridger and red cloud and crazy horse in the fetterman fight.
© 24hourcampfire