Home
IF you like the movie this book could almost be considered a must read. That is, of course, if you are interested in background information.

Subtitled "Sam Peckinpah, a Revolution in Hollywood, and the MAKING of a LEGENDARY FILM", it is about all kinds of things that had to come together to make this film which really did change Hollywood. It's about a lot of aspects of the making, many of the problems encountered, and the nuts and bolts of the whole thing. There is information about the settings, the actors, the problems they had and so on.

This is a fun book to read if you're a fan of the movie or have any interest in how filmmaking happens.
The above is too brief. This book is about the history of the people, and of Mexico, as well as the relationships of the individuals involved in the making of the film. Also, the symbolism of the film. Both the book and the film are remarkable. Peckinpah's best film and, to me at least, it stands out in a period when there were some very good films being made.
He made some other old school good westerns back then but I agree that "The Wild Bunch" was the best. He had a couple of modern day westerns too, One of them I remember "The Gettaway" was a good one
Reposted in Hunter's Campfire.

L.W.
There you stand, with your thumb up your azz and a dolllar's worth of washers!

Gotta luv it!

ya!

GWB
© 24hourcampfire