Home
Posted By: g5m Book-- "Shadows Reel" by C.J. Box - 03/31/22
This is the latest in the Joe Pickett series. A man spots a dark form that is burning and reports the burning, dead moose to Game Warden Joe Pickett. Why would a dead moose be burning? The sheriff gets invoved. An investigation proceeds and World War 2 memorabilia play a significant role. Nazis in Wyoming? Meanwhile Nate Romanowsky is looking for the man who stole his birds and hurt and threatened his wife and daughter.

It's a lot of action with the favorite characters and well worth reading.
Picked it up the other day but haven't gotten around to starting it yet.

Trouble with his books is that once you start reading, Everything goes by the wayside until you're finished.
I am number 90 on 47 copies on hold for my Kindle . It was 147
It's not his best book, but it's pretty good.
Finished it last night. Remington is right, it's not his best book but I liked how it mentioned pieces of his last book.
I also liked how he brought everyone up to speed on the daughters and what they were doing these days.

The book had very little to do with Joe but more about his wife and Nate.
Originally Posted by Remington40x

I read it and my take was "meh". Certainly not up to his earlier work. You can only repeat a theme so many times before it gets old. He's not the only such author. Stephen Hunter comes to mind.
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Remington40x

I read it and my take was "meh". Certainly not up to his earlier work. You can only repeat a theme so many times before it gets old. He's not the only such author. Stephen Hunter comes to mind.

So is Michael Connelly's later H. Bosch series.

L.W.
I agree. It ended pretty quick .Kinda all at once
© 24hourcampfire