Home
This is David Baldacci's newest book. It is about a man who was an Army Ranger and served in Iraq and Afghanistan. While over there he got into some issues that eventually led him to leave the Army and he took a job on Wall Street, much to his family's delight as they were all very much 'disappointed' by his Army choice. At the large Wall Street firm he becomes a "burner", a rookie who has a 10% chance of being there into year two. He sees a few suspicious things going on and then there is a murder. Since he had had a relationship with the murdered woman he becomes a prime suspect. He starts investigating to try to clear his name and the story goes from there. Money laundering? Wall Street? No, that couldn't be. Multiple murders? Related to Wall Street? Maybe, maybe not. Beautiful and somewhat mysterious woman? Absolutely! And government involvement? Good side or bad side? Figure that out.

There is no shortage of issues for him

It's a good book and worth the time to read.
I'm about half way through it and no closer to figuring out "who done it" than I was at the start.

Baldacci at his best.
I'll have to grab this one. Sounds right up by alley!
Downloaded on Audible last night!

ya!

GWB
New BIG FAN of Baldacci. Working my way through the King and Maxwell Series plus the John Puller series. Can't decide which ones I like better........ GREAT STUFF ALL grin
6:20 Man had an ending that I NEVER would have guessed.

Hope that Devine becomes a regular character.
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
New BIG FAN of Baldacci. Working my way through the King and Maxwell Series plus the John Puller series. Can't decide which ones I like better........ GREAT STUFF ALL grin

You have to get into the Atlee Pine series next. Just make sure you start with the first book in the series
Pretty amazing read on several levels.

ya!

GWB
Will check it out.
👍
👍
© 24hourcampfire