Home
This is Grisham's latest book. It follows two Biloxi families on the coast who are from European immigrants. Several generations are written about but it comes down to the two who choose different paths- one into crime and the Dixie Mafia and the other into the legal area. There is a LOT in it as the novel is 454 pages long. It ultimately comes down to the bombing of a District Attorney's office and the subsequent hunt for those responsible and their prosecution. It's a good legal novel.

There are some gun things that are incorrect if you are a stickler for detail but those are not a major distraction overall.

Worth reading if you like Grisham's area of expertise.
One of my favorite fiction authors.
I have all but stopped reading fiction novels, but I recently picked this one up. I’m a resident of south Mississippi and this one appeared interesting.

Grisham was once my favorite author and I used to read everything he wrote as soon as it was released. That was a long time ago and I guess the choices concerning where I spend my reading time has changed.
I’m from Mississippi also. Had the pleasure of hearing Grisham speak at in installation of Chancellor Robert Kyauik at Ole Miss. My school superintendent invited me to attend with him. John and Robert were quite humorous. The Chancellor said John wrote a lot of fiction while in his classes and turned them in as term papers on law. I too enjoy Mississippi authors- Faulkner, Welty, Foote, Street, and others
© 24hourcampfire