Home
Posted By: 43Shooter The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 12/31/18
Wife talked me into seeing this. Glad she did, we both liked it a lot. read it was based on a true story. Eastwood plays an old guy, 90, who was a drug courier for the Sinaola cartel.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 12/31/18
I enjoyed it to. Not your typical Eastwood movie, but I really liked the way it was done. It is supposed to be his last movie and I see some parallels to John Wayne's last movie the Shootist. Both men ended their careers by playing old men who knew their days were numbered. Wayne went out with guns blazing but still showed a scared dying man. Eastwood never backed down and was not at all intimidated by the thugs in the movie and did everything his way, on his terms.

Most of the scenes that were supposed to be in Illinois were actually filmed where I live in NW Georgia so it was nice to see some local spots that I recognized.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 12/31/18

I thought that there were supposed to be two mules and a nun.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 12/31/18
Nope but believe it or not old Clint had a couple of threesomes in this. One with hookers the other with a couple of cartel girls.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 12/31/18
Originally Posted by JMR40
I enjoyed it to. Not your typical Eastwood movie, but I really liked the way it was done. It is supposed to be his last movie and I see some parallels to John Wayne's last movie the Shootist. Both men ended their careers by playing old men who knew their days were numbered. Wayne went out with guns blazing but still showed a scared dying man. Eastwood never backed down and was not at all intimidated by the thugs in the movie and did everything his way, on his terms.

Most of the scenes that were supposed to be in Illinois were actually filmed where I live in NW Georgia so it was nice to see some local spots that I recognized.

Around Rome correct? I lived 17 miles North of Rome off 27.
Thanks for posting this thread. Been wanting to see it but haven't yet. Michael Savage said a couple of things about it on his show that made me not go outta my way to see it. Will definitely check it out when it comes my way.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 01/02/19
My wife and I saw it and thought it was OK. I did not like the end at all, I thought he would have been used as an informant?????
Posted By: geedubya Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 01/03/19
My wife and I saw it. She did not like it as much as I.

Perhaps I should qualify "like it".

I could relate to the person that Clint played on several different levels.

I'll let it go at that

ya!

GWB
This is the nudge I need to make myself go see it. Rusty
43shooter: I enjoyed the movie as did the VarmintWife - I won't spoil the movie for anyone but it was not what I was expecting.
Sadly, I will let this out, there were only two dead mexican druggies encountered in the whole movie (IIRC)!
I have always enjoyed Mr. Eastwood's movies, acting and direction.
I gave it an 84 on a scale of 1 to 100 (I was hoping this movie would have been a 92 or a 95!).
Long live Clint Eastwood - a true American and a true American success story.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I would have to agree with VarmintGuy. Not what I expected and maybe not as good as I wanted, but it's Clint and a lot better than much of the other trash out there. Can you say Ant Man?
Posted By: hanco Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 11/20/20
It wasn’t bad
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I would have to agree with VarmintGuy. Not what I expected and maybe not as good as I wanted, but it's Clint and a lot better than much of the other trash out there. Can you say Ant Man?

Just watched it. +1
Posted By: HitnRun Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 11/21/20
If you want to see a real life story in a movie format, be sure to see the “Green Hornet”.
Posted By: LeeC Re: The Mule, Clint Eastwood - 02/06/21
Was filmed almost exclusive in Las Cruces, NM. My home town.
Some of those scenes were right by my house.
I dont know where the forest scenes were filmed but the rest were done here.
Even Hang em High was filmed here. Clint likes NM to film.
My wife and I liked it a lot. As well as Gran Torino.
© 24hourcampfire