Home
Posted By: 6MMWASP Little Mans 7th Birthday CZ - 07/15/20
He finally got his own rifle. CZ 452 Scout. Thanks to his uncle for the scope. He shot 33 today beating his previous days record of 14.

Little guy took to a scope like a pro. No wondering how to find what he was shooting at or struggling with eye relief. We need to get the scope to sit lower on the rifle and I'm looking for a solution. Any one with any solutions to that?

Thanks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I think raising the comb would be easier. Maybe one of them lace on leather set ups?
I got my son the same rifle for Christmas about a year and a half ago. He would have been about 7 1/2 then.

They are great little rifles but I ran into the same problem you did. I ended up getting a piece of pipe insulation, cutting it in half and taping it on the stock with electrical tape as I couldn't find a lace up job that worked. He has just turned 9 and dosen't need the riser anymore.

Awesome pics and keep it up with the little guy!
Hadn't thought of raising the comb. Easier fix for sure. Thanks for the idea gentlemen..
Aspiring young hunting guides need practice too and he set a new personal best too! Nicely done! cool
Brownells has leather glue on comb risers in different heigths.

DF
Thank you Dirtfarmer I'll look into that. Appreciate the info.
Heck yeah! That's an awesome first rifle, and he's putting it to work.
Just got my grandkid the same Scout rifle. He's got a bit of growing to do before he can use it but it's sitting here waiting for him with scope sighted in and unlimited ammo.

Ammo and Otter Pops are unlimited at Poppy's house.

Great picture and memories starting for your little man!
Looks like you have that young man off to a great start! Thanks for sharing the picture and best wishes to both of you for many memorable hunts together.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Little Mans 7th Birthday CZ - 08/04/20
Great job Wasp and Son! Great pic.

Might seem kinda cheesy and redneck, but when my son had just starting shooting a scoped 22, and having the same trouble as yours, I used some split foam pipe insulation and taped a piece to the comb. It raised his head about 3/8" to 1/2" and worked quite well.

First time at 250. Pretty tough wind 5 shots. 223 AI with light load of 4198 and 55 grain BT's
Posted By: 44mc Re: Little Mans 7th Birthday CZ - 04/01/21
NICE
unlimited ammo.

Nine figure annual income?
That's a great day with a count of 33. Good shooting.
Bird hunting
Congrats! Nice looking rooster. That reminds me of my son at about the same age ground swatting his first pheasant with a single shot 410 before he was big enough to wing shoot. I still have the picture somewhere of him with the bird in one hand and NEF shotgun in the other. For that matter my first game bird was a Ruffed Grouse shot with a 22lr while out walking the trails with my grandpa. I still remember it like yesterday.
Little Mans younger sister after an unsuccessful antelope hunt ready to burn some 22 ammo. She isn't much about aiming but all about pulling the trigger.

That is awesome! Getting kids to love the great outdoors is my passion. I have 5 boys and I have now turned into a full time guide. The CZ rifles are great for the little ones! Keep up the good work!
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Little Mans younger sister after an unsuccessful antelope hunt ready to burn some 22 ammo. She isn't much about aiming but all about pulling the trigger.

Looks like alot of fun
Posted By: jc189 Re: Little Mans 7th Birthday CZ - 04/15/22
Good job dad. nice pic's. Thats the way to get em started young. They will be life long hunting partners and pass it along when they are older.
Cool!
Nice! You have probably thought of it, but I still like teaching them open sights, as well as a scope. Congratulations on a nice rifle and kid!
Posted By: exergy Re: Little Mans 7th Birthday CZ - 04/28/22
very nice!! i also picked up a cz 452 scout, just a couple weeks ago for my son. great looking rifle.
© 24hourcampfire