Home
After two years of passing on young deer, bucks that were too far, not being comfortable with the shot my daughter finally pulled the trigger. I’m as happy as she is. She wanted to kill a bigger buck than her brothers did on their first deer. I finally convinced her that a bigger buck may not present itself broad side at 40yds and let her get perfectly set so she could shoot him. (That usually only happens on TV). After shooting her deer I told her “that was an 86yd shot”. She was surprised because she passed on a 6pt @ 90 yds earlier this year because she said she couldn’t shoot that far.
She made the shot and the deer run about 40yds and died. Perfect double lung shot! Now maybe a buck will allow the same shot.

Attached picture EB1CD226-69DD-4F37-8C3B-652453209124.jpeg
Attached picture BD13569D-036F-493D-BE74-63A416F9E7D3.jpeg
Congrats to the young lady/
congrats to the little lady on her deer . well done dad
I know it makes you proud. Congrats to her and her parents.
Awesome 👍

Congrats all around
Outstanding! Hopefully she's hooked for life
Awesome. Always good to get the kids out
congrats
Good deal. Congrats to her.
Well done! Awesome that she is already so diciplined with her shot selection too. Congratulations!
You're making her help butcher it right?
Outstanding!
Nice job
Congrats, very well done and she seems like an ethical hunter who knows her limits. Hope she gets more comfortable with longer shots.
Very nice. Taking daughter deering hunt first time next weekend.

Technically an adult but shes still my kid.
Congratulations to her. She sure looks happy.
Congratulations to your daughter.
Food for the family,,,,well done.
Love it, congrats to your your young hunter!
Good for her.
Congrats
Congrats to the both of you. A first deer only happens once with your child. Good memories.
Awesome
Congrats
Doe's are good eating
Job well done!
Awesome, congrats!
Wow! Very nice
Awesome!
Well done indeed! Congratulations!

My daughter started at 10, and has taken at least one deer every year. She is now 16. Started with only breadbasket shots for certainty of hitting vitals. The last one she got, I had her in a nice raised blind, and we had decided it was only lights out, high shoulder shots if we could help it. A yearling was facing us, with fading light, and she wanted to shoot it. It's front legs were spread apart a bit, head down, eating. We were elevated. I explained best I could to aim where the neck meets the shoulders, dead center. She made a perfect shot, as usual. @100 yds. The deer dropped to it's knees, and tipped over. She thought she missed because she didn't see movement. When we didn't have to track, and pulled the four wheeler right along side the deer, she appreciated that we were shooting for the nerve bundle rather than lungs. She's got shooting down pat, now if I can get her to gut deer by herself I'll be set!
Congratulations
THAT is a lifetime memory. Rest assured that your grandchildren's kids will see those pics of Grandmaw's first deer. That's your legacy.
© 24hourcampfire