Home
Posted By: SockPuppet This Will Get Expensive.... - 11/03/21
Daughter #2's birthday present. She's been hounding us for a couple of years for a dirt bike and we finally decided it was time. Picked up this used 2018 Kawasaki KLX140L to get her started, as I wanted her to be able to flat-foot it, preferred e-start, and wanted a real clutch/trans. So far she's taken to it like a duck to water and is having a ball. This was taken in the back pasture so she isn't wearing all of her gear.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Right on, Mate !!
Posted By: pal Re: This Will Get Expensive.... - 11/04/21
Looks brand new.
Thanks, New 2 99s. Pal, pictures hide some of the wear/tear. It's definitely a used bike, which I preferred, as part of the experience is her learning to work on them. She's already helped with oil/filter change, air filter cleaning/oiling, chain cleaning/adjustment/lubing, and some other basic stuff. In the coming weeks will be a valve adjustment, new chain and sprockets, and new tires which we'll mount here at the place.
Cool. My first dirt bike was probably the best present I ever got as a kiddo. Other than guns, of course. 🤠
Good for you! How old is she? I got my first Suzuki at 14. That was 57 years ago? 😁😁
She turned 15 a couple of days ago. She's been wanting one for about 3 years but couldn't get her Mom on board. I've owned a bunch of street bikes and a couple of 'adventure' bikes but have never been a true dirt guy. I picked one up for myself and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas.
Father/Daughter ride just cruising the dirt roads as she works on skills. No crashes, so all went well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Good for her and you someone to ride with a lot of fun to be had.
© 24hourcampfire