Home
Posted By: Dinny Son's First Buck - 11/24/22
My son and I hunted a nearby farm this evening. We were in Stand #1 for an hour when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was a notification from my Tactacam Reveal X camera at Stand #2 about 100yds away. A buck had walked past it on his way towards us. The buck took another 30 minutes to walk out in front of us. We saw him coming so my son had his custom Handi rifle chambered in 357 Maximum trained on the deer waiting for him to clear the woods. A clean and clear shot at 40yds and the 180gr Barnes TSX-FN did it's job as expected. The deer ran right towards us with his front right leg held high. He ran to our right and dropped in sight.

We have alot to be thankfuk for this time if year.

Thanks, Dinny

[Linked Image]

Attached picture IMG_20221123_22550.jpg
Posted By: JPro Re: Son's First Buck - 11/24/22
Very cool! Sounds a great day in the woods

And good shooting!
Posted By: 44mc Re: Son's First Buck - 11/24/22
good deal ,nothing better than a kid with their first one
Posted By: jc189 Re: Son's First Buck - 11/24/22
Congrats to the both of you. That's awesome. I love to see the kids getting it done. The first one is very special.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Son's First Buck - 11/25/22
Thanks guys! He must have told the story of his hunt 20 times today. I believe I've taught him well. Each time he told the story the shot was farther and the deer was bigger. He's a good hunter and a even better storyteller!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Son's First Buck - 11/25/22
Congrats to both of you. Heck of a first!
Posted By: LBP Re: Son's First Buck - 11/25/22
Awesome congratulations gentlemen!
Posted By: HunterShooter58 Re: Son's First Buck - 11/25/22
That's good stuff Dinny.
Congrats to your Son, and a Father Spending Quality time teaching and Raising his Son Right.
Very rewarding. That's a fine way to be Thank full and Celebrate Thanksgiving.

HS 58
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Son's First Buck - 11/26/22
Good job! There’s nothing like being with your kids when they shoot there first deer.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Son's First Buck - 11/27/22
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Good job! There’s nothing like being with your kids when they shoot there first deer.

I agree. A moment we both will remember forever.
Posted By: EdM Re: Son's First Buck - 11/27/22
Well done.
Posted By: killerv Re: Son's First Buck - 11/29/22
congrats!
Posted By: AlleghenyMountain Re: Son's First Buck - 12/07/22
Originally Posted by Dinny
Thanks guys! He must have told the story of his hunt 20 times today. I believe I've taught him well. Each time he told the story the shot was farther and the deer was bigger. He's a good hunter and a even better storyteller!

LOL, congratulations to your son on being a good hunter and to you for being a good teacher!
Posted By: JENKINS9 Re: Son's First Buck - 12/13/22
Good job love seeing kids get deer.
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Son's First Buck - 01/16/23
Congratulations!
© 24hourcampfire