Home
Posted By: Calif. Hunter Going Old School - 09/04/13
My son likes to use non-techy" gear to hunt with... a Rossi pump and a single action .22. Young eyes are a great thing - he makes head shots with iron sights at 50 yards. He does enjoy plinking with the tacticool stuff, though.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Calif. Hunter Re: Going Old School - 09/04/13
A little later the same morning - he scored a double. The blue tank is a guzzler and it brings in the jacks, though it is there for other game.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Deacon76 Re: Going Old School - 09/04/13
Great pictures
Posted By: Calif. Hunter Re: Going Old School - 09/07/13
He likes the crossdraw holster as it doesn't interfere with the rifle when he's carrying it in his right hand.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Going Old School - 09/07/13
Nice pictures and congratulations to the young man. Diggin' his pump 22.
Posted By: Calif. Hunter Re: Going Old School - 09/08/13
On the way back to the paved road from the property, he spotted a jack rabbit in the shade of a manzanita bush in the dip of the dirt road - all you could see was his head and Michael saw his ears twitch. He grabbed my 9422M, put a sneak on it and head shot it at about 50 yards. The "condor-compliant" lead-free .22 mag hollow point did work well, too.

He has a tricked-out "tactical" 10/22 and he loves my AR - just not to hunt with for some reason. He likes old military rifles, too - he wants a Mosin-Nagant to go with the 98 Mauser and 1917 Enfield.

LOL - he saw these pictures and immediately got a haircut....
Posted By: 76_michael Re: Going Old School - 10/30/13
cool , great pics
© 24hourcampfire