Home
Posted By: killerv Braggin on my youngest - 01/09/18
You do all you can do to get them ready and when then time comes, its all up to them and they have to do the rest. 6 years old and has taken his first two deer and made wonderful shots on both. 223 scared me a bit but the federal fusions are doing a good job, we are 3 for 3 total with them on deer so far and none have gone further than 50 yards.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/09/18
Good for him!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/09/18
Wow!!! Well done!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/09/18
Good for both of you. Congrats
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/10/18
Holy cow! Thats great!
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/10/18
Congratulations to your son AND you!

Ed
Posted By: killerv Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/11/18
thanks, last weekend of the season comin up. Hope for one more.
Posted By: bigswede358 Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/12/18
Congrats to the both of you.
Posted By: gwrench Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/13/18
Attaboy! You did good too Dad grin
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/15/18
Congratulations to both of you and hats off to you for working get the young man started! Thanks for sharing the pictures and best wishes to both of you for many more memorable hunts together.
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/19/18
Congrats! Great job by both of you.

What kind of 223 is he shooting?
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/23/18
A thread worth bumpin for sure! Congrats to you both. Way to build young confidence, and a buddy, and maybe even a packer when you’re a bit older <grin>

Way to go!
Posted By: killerv Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/23/18
Originally Posted by LSU fan

A midlength AR with the butt stock moved all the way in. Topped with a 1-4 leupold. Shoulders it fine.
Thanks again guys

He wants to kill a turkey now. I told him his brothers 20ga will put him on his butt....

His response..."Won't we already be on our butts?"
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/23/18
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by LSU fan

A midlength AR with the butt stock moved all the way in. Topped with a 1-4 leupold. Shoulders it fine.

Thanks. My oldest is 5 right now. Planning on giving him a lot of trigger time with a 22 this year and seeing how he transitions to a 223 next year.
I think mine got the most out of practicing with a scoped gamo pellet rifle, we could do that every afternoon instead of waiting until we could get out to the range with a 22. Trigger so bad on the one we have they really had to learn/concentrate about trigger pull. Made moving to a real gun with a good trigger a breeze. I had my reservations about my 6yo being too young, but he was doing well at the range with the AR and I saw no reason why not to see how a shot at a deer would go. So far so good. My dad never showed me how to shoot a scoped gun, I had to learn for myself later in my teen years. I wasn't going to make the same mistake.
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Braggin on my youngest - 01/23/18
Yeah, my dad was great about a lot of things but he was from the old school when it came to "wasting ammo shooting at targets". Want my kids to get a lot more trigger time.

Santa brought a bb gun for Christmas, so I'm planning on some backyard fun with that. Could see moving to a red dot or scoped pellet gun quickly. Which gamo did you get that fit him ok?
Just a 550fps one, regular size, the youngest actually rests the stock on top of his shoulder, works out pretty good though.

Another option are the Aquila Colibris out of a youth 22, pretty dang quiet.
© 24hourcampfire