Home
Season ends in 5 days and today we finally had our second storm. The first storm was mediocre at best. So little rain that there isn’t enough water around the blind to float the decoys. 25-30 MPH winds all night with gusts to 50+ all night. Pass shooting only today but probably best bag limit I’ve had in a few years. Kinda weird mostly Sprig and Mallards flying. Usually Sprig,Wigeon,Teal and can hardly buy a Mallard.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Well done! That's a great stringer full.
Had a good season here too. Ducks are a wrap here now, last season goose opens Feb 6. Lot of geese on the move in this last snow event we had.
I brought a friend's 11 week old pup to watch the geese fly and he was very interested!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I’m glad to hear that you boys had a decent season. Conditions here have been bad for the past month. I drove past approximately 25 ponds yesterday, and saw four ducks total. I have heard that the folks on the coast have struggled this year too. It appears that the flyways are changing.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I’m glad to hear that you boys had a decent season. Conditions here have been bad for the past month. I drove past approximately 25 ponds yesterday, and saw four ducks total. I have heard that the folks on the coast have struggled this year too. It appears that the flyways are changing.

Oh it’s been a crap season, yesterday was an exception to the rule. As hard as the storm was the flight was short lived. All in all it seems like the hunting gets tougher every year.
Good looking pup. My dog will be nine next month. He’s got arthritis pretty bad. This will probably be the last season I hunt him.
Only three more days here... finally shot a band this morning...
Hey Farming, I sent you a message re your dog.
Dan
Nice pics of a great Dog
Nice pictures
Nice pics!
© 24hourcampfire