Home
Dad and I are looking to book something for Fall of '22. Probably 3-4 days fully-guided (preferred), but would consider semi-guided too. Looking exclusively at Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas and Missouri just due to logistics and trying to minimize travel time (Dad lives in MI, I live in NM). We are primarily interested in hunting puddle-ducks with no real preference to where (field, sloughs, rivers, etc.). If we could sneak an upland hunt in that'd be a bonus but certainly not a requirement. Looking for some first-hand experiences and recommendations. Thanks in advance.
I'd say stick to central flyway (KS or OK) rather than Mississippi flyway.

Seems most of the big outfitters are moving that way. I'm still stuck in the historic southern Mississippi flyway but the birds just aren't coming this far south anymore.

If MO is still on list, I'd try to get a spot at Habitats Flats with Tony vandemore. They have built it right by most accounts. You better have some money in the bank if you want to go on that hunt.
https://reelfootguides.com A classic American duck hunting destination. Highly recommend

http://straitlakelodge.com A hunt you will never forget and food and lodging that is second to none.
I can tell you that the TN duck hunting has been way off for the last several years. AR from what I can tell from the guys I know that have leases there has not been much better.
I think I would agree, look at the the central flyway.
I have thought about trying the Dakotas but have not done it yet.
Rogers Goose Down Outfitters
I haven’t hunted with them, but have heard good things about Big Kansas Outdoors.
Originally Posted by texas_hawg
I haven’t hunted with them, but have heard good things about Big Kansas Outdoors.

Same here.
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Dad and I are looking to book something for Fall of '22. Probably 3-4 days fully-guided (preferred), but would consider semi-guided too. Looking exclusively at Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arkansas and Missouri just due to logistics and trying to minimize travel time (Dad lives in MI, I live in NM). We are primarily interested in hunting puddle-ducks with no real preference to where (field, sloughs, rivers, etc.). If we could sneak an upland hunt in that'd be a bonus but certainly not a requirement. Looking for some first-hand experiences and recommendations. Thanks in advance.

If you do choose Kansas, then Ringneck Ranch in Tipton would be a great option for an upland hunt.
I grew up near great duck hunting in Arkansas, but from friends that are still there that duck hunt, they book yearly trips to the Dakotas for ducks. I’d look that way myself if I was wanting a duck hunt destination.
Originally Posted by pullit
I can tell you that the TN duck hunting has been way off for the last several years. AR from what I can tell from the guys I know that have leases there has not been much better.
I think I would agree, look at the the central flyway.
I have thought about trying the Dakotas but have not done it yet.

Yep. No doubt about it. The Arkansas duck hunting has really declined in the past 5 years or so. It was absolutely fantastic in the early 2000s. Not sure what’s going on.
© 24hourcampfire