Home
This is my first “nice” semi auto. I’ve had cheaper stuff that was junk but this Super Vinci has cycled cheap stuff and killed some coyotes already. It seems like this brand has some baggage with it. Flat billed caps, squated trucks, gun barrel stickers and vapers. Was the Vinci line of guns developed for any particular reason? I’m pretty sure the SBE 2 had some quirks but wasn’t it the standard? What’s your thoughts about the Vinci line?
I dont know anything about the Vinci line, but I love my Benelli shotguns. I have 5 of them. I have a SBE, an M2 and 3 Legacy models (12, 20 and 28).
I have a super vinci in the OD green. I love it. It took me some getting used to switching from an 11-87 but I like it.
Thanks guys. This ones Max 4 camo. I’ve got a nova tactical with the ghost ring sights too and it’s good for what it is. Killed a couple briar goats with it.
Have had a Nova and SBE2. Currently have a M2 12ga and Montefeltro 20ga. Not a bad thing to say about any of them.
I've got several. My new favorite is SBE III 20 GA.
Yep, have a matching pair of camo m1 in 20 and 12. Been using the 20 mostly the past few years so I dont have to reach for different shells when hunting with my boys.
Like'em and shoot'em more than my others. No Vinci, rib too low for me and wasn't crazy about the design. Aquaintance of mine shoots one with no issues and likes it.
I have the SBE II Classic
Love it
Cycles everything
Sold my original SBE and now shoot the SBE3. Very pleased with it. No experience with the Vinci.
I just never warmed up to them. I see quite a few tho with other duck/goose hunters. My snow goose guide had one and liked it fine. I suspect he shoots it quite a bit.
I'm not really a waterfowl Hunter but I love my Benelli super sport performance shop.
I guess it is a gun fit thing for me, the SBE beat the crap out me.
I got rid of mine and upgraded to a minty 1960s Franchi 48, a beautiful gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by windridge
I got rid of mine and upgraded to a minty 1960s Franchi 48, a beautiful gun.

Geez, thats putty.

I'd have that thing rusted out in no time.
LOL

Hunting here in the desert is easy on blue steel and walnut. It still looks like it did the day I bought it off GB 7 years ago; got it at a good price, too.

I think Benellis are great guns. They're light and reliable. What's not to like?
Buddy just bought a Vinci, but hasn't shot it yet. Looks like and he got it for under $800.
Vinci or Super Vinci
I have 2 sbe II. Just ordered a M2 20 gauge. I think they are the finest semi auto ever. I own a beretta extrema, a browning a5 and a Remington 1187 and 1100.
Won a SBE at a DU banquet...it's adequate, so i continue to use it. I do daydream about moving up to an SP-10 or a Gold...
Had an SBE, sold it when I bought an Anniversary Edition SBE II (both 12’s). Bought a Franchi Affinity 20g, and sold it after picking up a Benelli M2 20g off here. They fit me well, and I shoot em well - never have had any issues.
I'D stack up M-1 Super 90 against any other out there.
I want a m2 12 gauge 26" so bad i can taste it . Never owned one but shouldered a few . Always had 1100s and 870s
I have the newer model Benelli M4 tactical, Its the best semi shotgun i have every had and my turkey gun.
Have been shooting a Benelli Ethos 3" 12 since they were introduced in 2015, and have yet to have it malfunction, whether in hot, dry weather or below-zero snow, no matter the ammo.
Ive had a 12 GA M2 as my main waterfowl gun hunting in saltwater marshes and open Chesapeake bay for 8 years now and its never skipped a beat
The Super Vinci is such a radical design. I noticed that when a hunting buddy recovered his after being submerged in the marsh for three days. Took it apart, cleaned the barrel, shook the water out of the action and added some oil, then fired three shots. You've never seen a happier guy.
I use an original SBE in Darth Vader black, bought it new in the early 2000's. It works good enough for me.
I got my Super 90 M-1 in 1997 and it has never failed me. I have used it ever year to kill hundreds of dove. It has been my main gun for quail and pheasant and I usually take a few ducks and rabbits each year. I kill a turkey with it each year and have used it to kill one deer. I have no idea of the number of shotgun shells I have fired over the life of the gun, but the count must be around 10,000.
Probably the best auto ever made. I own several. Never had an issue with any of them. Personal favorite is the Ultralight 28 ga but usually grab the 20 ga supersport or SBEII for ducks.
Had an SBEII for about 10 years. Sent it down the road when Beretta came out with the A400. That kick off is nice. Cycles VERY fast when needed. I also have a AT390 - I would pit THAT gun up as the best semi-auto ever made. Just a pleasure to shoot.
© 24hourcampfire