Home
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Dry bag - 12/06/22
I am in need of a dry dry bag for use in duck blinds and in boats. Camo not required, but cannot tolerate bright, loud colors. Economical (read: cheap) is preferred. Any suggestions?
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Dry bag - 12/07/22
I have 6 or 8 of em. Can't tell you a brand name. Just cheapos. Have worked fine.
Posted By: Backroads Re: Dry bag - 12/07/22
Seal Line for the canoes and rafts.

Sea to Summit makes lightweight stuff too
Posted By: erich Re: Dry bag - 12/07/22
Any bag you want with a doubled trash can liner in it, I have a neoprene duffle bag that I keep a change of clothes in trash can liners. I needed to use it a couple times after falling in checking my traplines by canoe. I always carried it stuffed under the seat of the canoe so it wouldn't float away if I turned the canoe over.
Posted By: killerv Re: Dry bag - 12/07/22
We use the 10 dollar plastic ammo cans, preferably the ones with the rubber gasket. I've gotten away from dry bags.
Posted By: WMR Re: Dry bag - 12/08/22
Walmart sells a decent dry bag cheap. I've got several. If color is a big issue just put it in a camo wrap. Even a cheap camo T shirt can work fine.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Dry bag - 12/08/22
Thanks for the replies. My old PVC-coated duffel is no longer reliably waterproof. I have tried a couple of plastic "dry" boxes, but they leaked even though they had the gaskets. Trash bags will of course work short term, but are hard to find things in. Perhaps I could just use them for select items, like extra clothes. Will give Walmart and Seal Line/Sea to Summit a look as well.
Posted By: WMR Re: Dry bag - 12/08/22
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Thanks for the replies. My old PVC-coated duffel is no longer reliably waterproof. I have tried a couple of plastic "dry" boxes, but they leaked even though they had the gaskets. Trash bags will of course work short term, but are hard to find things in. Perhaps I could just use them for select items, like extra clothes. Will give Walmart and Seal Line/Sea to Summit a look as well.

Dry clothes in a duck boat are survival items. No way would I trust trash bags. Lots of good dry bags out there. Bags pack much better than boxes as well. Be sure to PM me with the location of all your duck spots. Just in case of emergency, you know :-)
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Dry bag - 12/08/22
Originally Posted by WMR
Be sure to PM me with the location of all your duck spots. Just in case of emergency, you know :-)

You seem like too nice of a guy to disappoint you that way, lol.
Posted By: hh4whiskey Re: Dry bag - 12/12/22
Divebomb Industries
© 24hourcampfire