Home
Does anyone have an opinion on this. The Turkey loads look to be loaded heavier with smaller shot. Back in the day, we'd regularly use lead 5s and 6s pass shooting divers on Lake Erie from blinds. I picked up these 13 boxes for $150. I'm thinking they ought to make a cloud of mayhem shot through IC.

[Linked Image]
It's probably the same stuff that they used in their Wingmaster HD waterfowl loads 5 or so years ago. I bought up a ton of 6s for ducks and 2s for geese when it went on sale after they quit making it. My experience is that it hits like a ton of bricks. I don't see any reason that those 6s wouldn't work for ducks, quite well at that.
I've been using Hevi-Shot since about 2002. Great stuff!

The Remington HD shot is the same density as Hevi-Shot (12.1gr per cc), but Remington, and Winchester, spent the time and money to grind the pellets to a round shape.

I use 6 shot for most waterfowl and it works great Mallards.
Brian shoot those through a modified tube and you'll be smoking birds in the next time zone. Pirelli is correct it's the same loading as the wingmasterhd
It looks like the waterfowl loads are loaded lighter and hence faster. There's one box of WingmasterHD 3" no2. in the milk crate. I too bought a bunch when they discontinued it 7 or 8 years ago. I've got some left, I'll have to dig it out.
That is some really, really good stuff for ducks.
man yea, you should have great success with ducks and that load!
welcome to the campfire!
© 24hourcampfire