Home
Hey Gang,

Anyone out there recently hunt the eastern Arkansas area? We have heard that there is a lot of water and the ducks are few.
Maybe no help from here, but I drove through on I-40 and back within the last few weeks. Lots of water, quite a few geese. I saw good numbers of ducks just across the Arkansas border from Memphis in one spot. So, again, this was just a highway look in mid-December.
When do you want to know by? I am going to Stuttgart for Ducks next week. I can let you know what we are seeing at our lodge.
there IS a LOT of water and very few ducks... LOTS of holiday hunters and college boys on break. Save your money.
Originally Posted by mnsniper
When do you want to know by? I am going to Stuttgart for Ducks next week. I can let you know what we are seeing at our lodge.

We are heading that way mid week, next week. We are still getting pretty bleak reports. Supposedly, there are a lot of ducks in Missouri that haven’t moved south yet. It will likely be a game time decision on whether to go or not.
Cold as hell in KS and MO yesterday. It should pick up.
I sure hope things pick up. I am headed there myself January 20th.
Don't waste your time and money. There are few ducks around Stuttgart. PM me and I'll tell you what you want to know.
its bad. If you have a chance to go later in the season, I'd take that option.

Everything is flooded and there just aren't many ducks moving in. Those that are there are very stale. Could change tomorrow though.
I had to go to Des Arc, this morning and went down by the boat launch, as the hunters were returning. Very few ducks, and one Hunter that I talked to, had not fired a shot. Des Arc is about 40 miles North of Stuttgart, on the White River. I saw no geese in the fields going to Des Arc. Usually this time of the year, there are lots but it is shirt sleeve weather today. Supposed to cool down later in the week and that should help some. Cold weather with snow and ice in Missouri and Kansas would really help. miles
© 24hourcampfire