Home
Posted By: 1minute Ringneck - 1 Pic - 06/19/19
Did a little trout fishing this last weekend and Cookie came along mostly to capture some bird pics. Drifting along in a light breeze, we were able to get quite close. Lots of pairs, but saw no youngsters.

[Linked Image]
Have a good one,
Posted By: jpb Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 06/19/19
Sweet!

John
Posted By: killerv Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 06/19/19
great pic, probably our second most taken bird in Ga behind the woodduck
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 06/19/19
Nice picture of that beautiful Rongneck. I shot one in Arkansas several years ago.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 06/19/19
Thanks. Will pass along to Cookie. Tons of marsh around us in S.E. Oregon, but rare for us to see one. Quite plentiful though around the edges of the deeper waters of the central Oregon lakes. Know nothing of their habits, however.
Awesome Photo!
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 06/23/19
Great pic!
Posted By: Browningfan369 Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 07/22/19
Awesome picture
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 07/22/19
I just got into duck hunting a few years ago. Shot a couple of these in Kansas and then a few weeks later was in central Texas on a farm pond, had to be 100 of them came in and landed at first light. Shot a wood duck at legal shooting time, then over about an hour finished the limit out with Ringnecks. They just kept coming back in, shoot a couple shells, they'd leave, then here comes 4 or 5 more. They really are a pretty bird.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 08/24/19
yes, great photo. their Cajun nickname is "blackjack", or if you get really far in (say Ville Platte or Gueydan) you might even hear "jackblack"
Posted By: Sasha_and_Abby Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 08/24/19
gorg pic... for a few years in the 90's I was killing a bunch of federal banded ones each year in addition to the normal bag.
Posted By: ribka Re: Ringneck - 1 Pic - 09/03/19

great pic

Originally Posted by 1minute
Did a little trout fishing this last weekend and Cookie came along mostly to capture some bird pics. Drifting along in a light breeze, we were able to get quite close. Lots of pairs, but saw no youngsters.

[Linked Image]
Have a good one,
© 24hourcampfire