Home
The only air rifle I've ever owned is a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun. The squirrels shake off the occasional hits and are back the next day. Time for squirrel termination.

I live in an urban neighbor hood with fairly close neighbors. What's the quietest scoped air rifle accurate enough for head shots at 75 feet or less. I'm hoping for DRT dead right there results. Don't need any wounded ones going over the fence. I've got a 4x Simmons RF and an old 4x Model 8 Leupold if the rifle doesn't come with a scope. Based on what I've read air rifles are more accurate with some pellets than others.

Considering the limited use the rifle will get I don't want to spend any more than necessary for the job.
Benjamin prod with a donny fl sumo on it all you here is the hammer slap.
Thanks, based on the reviews the Sumo's a quality product. What's the lowest priced Benjamin or other brand compatible with the Sumo that will do the job?
Gamo has introduced the Arrow PCP rifle for a very modest price. Seems like it would be a fine 25-yard sniper and fairly quiet.

Might be worth consideration.

https://gamousa.com/product/arrow-pcp-22-caliber-rifle/

Thanks, that's more in my price range.
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Thanks, that's more in my price range.

I'm trying to convince myself I don't need one. Seems like a nice short, light, accurate, handy airgun that comes with a muffler. 60 shots per fill, hand-pump friendly, and budget friendly. Seems perfect for pesting and just fun shooting.
Remember that even though the air rifle can be very quiet, there's gonna be a much louder smack when the pellet hits its target.

And here ain't nothin ya can do bout that.
Ben put up another vid of the Gamo Arrow. This thing is hammering tight groups at 50 yards with the Crosman 14.3 gr, and at 75 yards with the JSB 18.13 gr.

Thanks, looks like a lot of features and accuracy for the money.
FWB 124
Originally Posted by Dinny
FWB 124

The 1970’s called, and want their air rifle back!
A box or two of cb shorts would be the cheapest way to do what you wanna do
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
FWB 124

Quality never goes out of style...........I had a 124 Deluxe stolen out of my truck while fishing years ago. Wish I had it back.
You're right. I've already got some CBs and an older 24" barrel 552 Remington that CB Longs function in. It doesn't seem to be any louder, if as loud, than an air rifle. Main problem if I use it I'm going to have to make sure I've got a tree trunk or good sized limb as a backstop as those CBs will probably go through a squirrel and keep going.
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
FWB 124

Quality never goes out of style...........I had a 124 Deluxe stolen out of my truck while fishing years ago. Wish I had it back.

Yeah, I bought one in 1983 and it still shoots awesome! It’s taken care of a lot pigeons and starlings!
© 24hourcampfire