Home
A relative found this tin of .177 pellets in their attic. Being the designated family gun looney they handed it over to me.

I don't know squat about air rifles. I did know enough to ask 'em to keep looking for the pistol/rifle that goes with these pellets.

[img]https://ibb.co/jMTjnwH[/img]

Attached picture 20221103_113934.jpg
I have one like that.The one I have is from the 1960's.I don't know how long after that they still used that same can.Looked on Ebay and there are some full cans selling for $24.99 + $9.25 shipping.Looked for IMR 4350 powder can and those empty metal cans are going for about the same price.
Very cool. Thanks for that.

The story is a great grandfather on my wife's side really, really didn't like kitties. shocked

Out of a 250 pellet tin, there's 148 pellets remaining.
Equals 102 dead cats. Nice work.
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I have one like that.The one I have is from the 1960's.I don't know how long after that they still used that same can.Looked on Ebay and there are some full cans selling for $24.99 + $9.25 shipping.Looked for IMR 4350 powder can and those empty metal cans are going for about the same price.

The cans I got in the 1970s were like that, maybe with slight changes to the lettering.

When I was out and about with my Benjamin rifle I used those, and I usually had a tin of these with me as well:

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
I remember buying those tins in the late 80's and early 90's.
I still have some and the original rifle I still use. The latter bought in 1970.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
60's thru the early 70's
Ed I had a rifle just like that. I found it leaning against a pine tree out on NF land in Oregon. The stock finish was flaking off but the rest being made of brass was just fine. Still have two tins like that with pellets. Wish I still had the rifle!
Yep, definitely remember those from the mid-70s
© 24hourcampfire