Home
Posted By: dennisinaz quality pellets - 06/24/11
I have always used RWS Super Domes for my benchmark when shooting my inexpensive piston guns. I recently tried to get them at the local big store and they no longer carry them. I bought the best stuff they had and the Daisy and Crossman stuff don't cut it. I went to Air rifles of Arizona and bought some JSB pellets; wow did they ever wake this rifle up!!!

I went from 1" 10 meter groups to .2-.3" groups- especially with the heavies!

Anybody else use them??
Posted By: JJHACK Re: quality pellets - 06/24/11
I used JSB's about 12 years ago for my Pro Elite, since then I've never looked for anything else. They work flawlessly in all my vintage Sheridans, the RX-2 and my Alecto as well. They are a classic design that just plain works in everything.
Posted By: lawnman Re: quality pellets - 06/24/11
+1 on the JSB Exacts. When I had my Beeman R9, sadly now gone..STUPID, they were the most accurate pellet for it. Can't tell you how many squirrels I took with that combo. Used to shoot 'em like deer. Just behind the shoulder. Almost always exit and usually DRT.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: quality pellets - 06/25/11
We can't quit shooting this thing- it has opened up some things for us! Both the heavies and regulars shoot great. It's pretty hard on grackels too!

Damn, I like these pellets. Gonna have to give my Crossmans away!!!
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 06/25/11
I have never found any one brand of pellets a panacea for accuracy across the board.

As with any firearm , guns tend to decide what they like best and many times it flies in the face of preconceived notions of the owner.

At this time a half dozen pellet guns I own really are not that impressed with any RWS pellets- even though they are fine ammo..

I have several rifles that shoot Crosman .177 and .22 pellets sold be Walmart as well as JSBs( MOA groups out to 50 yards)

Yes, the European made pellets tend to be a bit more consistent in weight, but there is nothing wrong with Crosmans in many individual rifles IMHO.

My .177 R-7 does .3" or under at 25 yards consistently with .177 Premier HPs from Walmart lightly lubed with Whiscombe honey.
Posted By: Clint Re: quality pellets - 06/25/11
JSBs are my first choice and work best in most of my rifles. Crossman Premium 10.5 and some RWS work great in some rifles.
Posted By: 6birds Re: quality pellets - 06/25/11
I've been shooting the Crosman Detroyers, they are leaving the squirrels DRT. Thanks for the post on the heavier JSB's, I'll have to give those a try.
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 06/26/11
I'm a using a Scottish pellet that shoots just as good at almost half the price of JSB's. Kip from Airguns of Arizona turned me on to them the last time I was there. (3 months ago) I had my R9(.22)with me and got to try them out in their indoor range. I was very impressed how well they shot, now that's all I use.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 06/26/11
Originally Posted by xposo
I'm a using a Scottish pellet that shoots just as good at almost half the price of JSB's. Kip from Airguns of Arizona turned me on to them the last time I was there. (3 months ago) I had my R9(.22)with me and got to try them out in their indoor range. I was very impressed how well they shot, now that's all I use.

If it's it's the Milbro pellets, the are no cheaper than Crosmans.

But it's always nice to have choices.

I were sure rather give Milbro or Crosmans a try before I used Gamo pellets.
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 06/26/11
Originally Posted by jim62

In fact they are Milbro, but which Crosman's? The Premires in the box are well over 20 buck which makes the Milbro's much cheaper than that, and I've never tried the cheap Crosman's. It doesn't matter, none of my springers likes Crosmans anyway, only my Crosman's shoots Crosman pellets with any kind of accuracy but I'm not buying a separate brand just for a gun. I try to find one that shoots well in all of them and the TR's do the job very well for all of them.
And I'm like you, they're ain't no way a single Gamo pellet of any kind is going down any one of my barrels.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 06/26/11

In fact they are Milbro, but which Crosman's? The Premires in the box are well over 20 buck which makes the Milbro's much cheaper than that, and I've never tried the cheap Crosman's. It doesn't matter, none of my springers likes Crosmans anyway, only my Crosman's shoots Crosman pellets with any kind of accuracy but I'm not buying a separate brand just for a gun. I try to find one that shoots well in all of them and the TR's do the job very well for all of them.
And I'm like you, they're ain't no way a single Gamo pellet of any kind is going down any one of my barrels.

I know a lot of folks claim the lower price Crosman pellets are junk ,but that has not been the case in my actual experience.

I actually buy the Crosman Premier HP .177 and 22 slugs from Walmart at $7 to $8 per tin of 500.

I have compared directly them with the .177 and .22 cal premier FT pellets in the same rifles and have found that you are just as likely to find a rifle that like the cheap pellets as the more expensive ones in the box.

All of the Crosman pellets can stand sorting and cleaning, but so do many brands of pellets. Other than cleaning mine with a wash of mineral spirits or other solvent to flush out some of the trash, I shoot them right out of the tin.

I have a .177 Beeman R-7 that shoots the Walmart Crosmans better than anything else- including JSB ect. The gun and I are having a bad day when I cannot shoot bugholes hanging around .25 CTC from a rest at 25 yards. It prefers them lubed with a bit of Whiscombe honey for best results.

Same with my .22 cal Marauder. It shoots the cheap Crosman HPs as well as any 14g pellet-and nearly as well as it's favorite JSB 16g and 18g pellets. I have tried various JSB, RWS and H&N made pellets in that gun and the premiers shoot very well out to 50 yards.

Based on your post, I will have to give the Millbros a try next time I place an order with AG of AZ..

Always good to try out different pellets. wink
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 06/27/11

I know a lot of folks claim the lower price Crosman pellets are junk ,but that has not been the case in my actual experience.

I actually buy the Crosman Premier HP .177 and 22 slugs from Walmart at $7 to $8 per tin of 500.

I have compared directly them with the .177 and .22 cal premier FT pellets in the same rifles and have found that you are just as likely to find a rifle that like the cheap pellets as the more expensive ones in the box.

All of the Crosman pellets can stand sorting and cleaning, but so do many brands of pellets. Other than cleaning mine with a wash of mineral spirits or other solvent to flush out some of the trash, I shoot them right out of the tin.

I have a .177 Beeman R-7 that shoots the Walmart Crosmans better than anything else- including JSB ect. The gun and I are having a bad day when I cannot shoot bugholes hanging around .25 CTC from a rest at 25 yards. It prefers them lubed with a bit of Whiscombe honey for best results.

Same with my .22 cal Marauder. It shoots the cheap Crosman HPs as well as any 14g pellet-and nearly as well as it's favorite JSB 16g and 18g pellets. I have tried various JSB, RWS and H&N made pellets in that gun and the premiers shoot very well out to 50 yards.

Based on your post, I will have to give the Millbros a try next time I place an order with AG of AZ..

Always good to try out different pellets. wink

Good for you that your guns like Crosmans, I wish mine did, not only just my Crosman guns.
I agree that all brands can stand a washing, but I just shoot mine right out of the tins, to lazy to go through all of that.

I tried the Select and TR, the TR shot just a bit tighter, but not by much. For the price, these pellets works great if your gun likes them.

And yes, it's always good to try different pellets, you never know. Look what happened to Beeman and their FTS pellets. I still have 14 unopened tins of them and will hang on to them until hell freezes over. wink That's why I'm always looking for a pellet that can replace the FTS. The H&N FTT works good, but not all of my springers likes them, the FTT aren't as consistent like the FTS in head size.
Posted By: JJHACK Re: quality pellets - 06/27/11
Do you find that the Pneumatics are far less sensitive to Pellet choice then springers?

I've had a few springers in my life and they all seemed rather finicky, except the R2 which was a gas piston actually.

However the pneumatics Have all shot pretty good with most pellets and excellent with specific pellets. I just have the feeling the pneumatics shoot most pellets better on average then the springers do.
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 06/28/11
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Do you find that the Pneumatics are far less sensitive to Pellet choice then springers?

I've had a few springers in my life and they all seemed rather finicky, except the R2 which was a gas piston actually.

However the pneumatics Have all shot pretty good with most pellets and excellent with specific pellets. I just have the feeling the pneumatics shoot most pellets better on average then the springers do.

I wish that was the case, but not for me. I've had/have 4 Benjamin 392's, three had been modified (Steroid by Tim@Mac1) and kept one stock since it was a Limited Edition 392. Two of the three Steroids wouldn't shoot JSB Express, or Crosman Premires with any kind of accuracy. At 25 yards, it was like I shot a shotgun at a 1" target, but the other Steroid and stock 392 would make a 1/2-3/4 inch ragged hole. All of the barrels were cleaned with paint remover to get out the over spray from the factory and all of the Steroids had a crown job done by Tim. Funny enough, the stock 392 didn't get a crown job but it shoot just as tight as the Steroids.
As far as the same pellets through my springers & rams, none of my springers shot the Express or Premiers very well either, although a few of my Crosman gassers shot the Premiers the best out of all of my guns.
I wish I could find 1 pellet that ALL of my guns could shoot with very good accuracy. I know, fat chance of that happening, but at least I narrowed it down to 3 pellets that all of my guns shoot with acceptable accuracy.
Posted By: JJHACK Re: quality pellets - 06/28/11
My Sheridan Blue streak from 1964 is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot period.

I can usually skim the tip of a blue tip match and get it to light from 20-30 feet. Not every time of course. Many times I shoot the whole tip off the match which would seem to be good accuracy in itself. However it usually takes a few tries and eventually that match lights at the crack of the pellet firing.
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 06/28/11
Originally Posted by JJHACK
My Sheridan Blue streak from 1964 is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot period.

I can usually skim the tip of a blue tip match and get it to light from 20-30 feet. Not every time of course. Many times I shoot the whole tip off the match which would seem to be good accuracy in itself. However it usually takes a few tries and eventually that match lights at the crack of the pellet firing.

On a none windy day, I's try to shoot out lighted candel at
about the same range with whatever gun I had at the time. Birthday candels are really small if the gun didn't have a scope on it. smile
Posted By: KodiakHntr Re: quality pellets - 06/28/11
Pic from yesterday.....

RWS SuperMag, RWS Magnum 350, from a rest at 23 yards....

[Linked Image]

The dust around the hole, is whats left of a housefly. If you look close you can see a piece of wing. A dash of beer on a board will provide hours of entertainment.
Posted By: Taconic11 Re: quality pellets - 07/09/11
Now that sounds like a good hunt. When I was a kid, I had fun shooting bumble bees off the honeysuckle with my crossman slide barrel BB gun. Lent that gun out and it never came back. I could use it now.
Posted By: KodiakHntr Re: quality pellets - 07/18/11
Airguns are quite possibly the funnest thing to have around a campfire in a hunting camp that I can think of.....

Grizzly camp this spring we had mine and while we were sitting under a tarp waiting for the rain to stop we were having a informal shoot, clipping match heads at 20 yards.....
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: quality pellets - 07/23/11
JSB Field Target 16.0 grain and Straton 16.0 grian .22 pellets work OK in my S&W 77A, but the pellet that shoots the best in this rifle is the Beeman Kodiak 21.1 grain. This rifle will shoot the lighter pellets, like the RWS Hobby 11.9 grain pellets OK with 5 pumps, but sends them all over the paper at 10 pumps.

Other than the rifle itself, the best pellet buy that I ever made was the Straight Shooters 22 Caliber sampler pack. I think that it came with 25 each of 18 different styles, from 5 different brands (Beeman, Crosman, JSB, Lazapell, and RWS). A cheaper way to narrow down what does, or doesn't, work in your rifle.

JEff
Posted By: coachhub Re: quality pellets - 09/12/11
Lawnman....Just before the 1968 VW "bugs" came out I went down and bought a new 1967 with a 12-volt system. Today my son goes home from work, takes a shower, then drives it around town for a little while.

Now.....Something is happening to Beeman....and this past week I bought myself a Weihrauch HW95 Luxus .177.

I am 100% aware of the analogy in the above.

And...."A word to the wise is sufficient".
Posted By: coachhub Re: quality pellets - 09/12/11
Wellll....I like to sit on my patio and shoot the hummingbirds that go to the feeder in my neighbor's yard. I kill about the same number of hummingbirds as you put the fire out on candles.
Posted By: lawnman Re: quality pellets - 09/12/11
Sorry don't understand the above ???
Posted By: hangmancreek Re: quality pellets - 09/12/11
Are you serious about shooting humingbirds at your neighbors feeder?
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 09/13/11
Originally Posted by hangmancreek
Are you serious about shooting humingbirds at your neighbors feeder?

Yeah, that's sounds safe.
And real neighborly of him, isn't it?

Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/13/11
I've got an old {1970's} Daisy Power Line 881 that'll group 5 of the Crosman flat heads into 3/4 of an inch at 30 yards all day long. Not bad for a 35.00 air rifle with cheap Wal-Mart Pellets. The damn thing outshoots both of my Sheridans and my steroid Benji 392 no matter what pellets I feed them. Makes me REAL RELUCTANT to ever spend more money on a "better" air rifle I'll tell ya !
Posted By: lawnman Re: quality pellets - 09/14/11
Blackheart, yep I can believe that. Back in the early 80's a buddy of mine and I were big into shooting our airguns. He had a Daisy 880 and I had a Crosman 2100 classic. Man were those guns accurate even in our young teenage hands.
Posted By: KodiakHntr Re: quality pellets - 09/14/11
I dunno, the "better" air rifles have their advantages too you know....Like a bunch of horsepower AND accuracy.

There's been more than one guy sitting around the campfire laugh at the "toy" rifle when it gets hauled out, that changes his tune right quick after a few shots with it.... I get a lot of "where can I get one of these?" questions.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/14/11
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
I dunno, the "better" air rifles have their advantages too you know....Like a bunch of horsepower AND accuracy.

There's been more than one guy sitting around the campfire laugh at the "toy" rifle when it gets hauled out, that changes his tune right quick after a few shots with it.... I get a lot of "where can I get one of these?" questions.

[Linked Image]
I've got several .22's, .22 Mags, a .223 and a .243 for small game and varmints. I have no need for an air rifle to take their place.
Posted By: lawnman Re: quality pellets - 09/15/11
Kodiakhntr, I like to hear a few details on that one. Cool!!
Posted By: KodiakHntr Re: quality pellets - 09/15/11
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've got several .22's, .22 Mags, a .223 and a .243 for small game and varmints. I have no need for an air rifle to take their place.

Who said anything about "replacing" anything with an air rifle? I have fair jag of high end 22's kicking around my house, and this doesn't replace ANY of them, its just different.

Targets of opportunity while sniping crows in my yard get shot as they appear....This one happened to wander in while I had a big airgun in my mitts.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 09/15/11

[Linked Image]

I am sure you'd have the same issue with anyone who does not use different calibers or Blackpowder rifles or bows.

To each his own.

Your problem is you are criticizing guns you have NEVER used.The world of Airgunning has evolved a bit since you bought your Daisy 880 etc.

You WILL NOT find a 22 rimfire rifle that is as accurate,quiet,lethal AND has no overpentration/richochet issues as a 22 Cal fully shrouded(silenced) factory PCP rifle like a Benjamin Marauder.

Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 09/16/11

[Linked Image]

I am sure you'd have the same issue with anyone who does not use different calibers or Blackpowder rifles or bows.

To each his own.

Your problem is you are criticizing guns you have NEVER used.The world of Airgunning has evolved a bit since you bought your Daisy 880 etc.

You WILL NOT find a 22 rimfire rifle that is as accurate,quiet,lethal AND has no overpentration/richochet issues as a 22 Cal fully shrouded(silenced) factory PCP rifle like a Benjamin Marauder.

That's the same thing I go through when I tell people that are uneducated about airguns. They have a good laugh and say crap that they have no knowledge on. That's until I bust out one of my guns and show them how leathal, accurate, and quite the guns are. They freak when I show them my suppressed Co2's, and how much power and range the gun has, especially when you have an eyewitness to see when you drop a bunny at 70 yards with them looking through binoculars. They tend to stay quiet, or, I'll hear them say, holy #@$%+, you killed it. Theeeeennnn, and only then will they start to ask LOT'S of questions about the different guns. The crap talk stops right there, funny how that works out.

My dad used to tell me as a kid,

"If you don't know anything about it, shut up, and ask questions, ya' might learn something". Something I still do till this day.

Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/16/11

I don't poach or hunt in the suburbs so I'm not terribly concerned about noise. As for accuracy, my 17 HMR will stay inside 3/4 MOA and smokes crows at 200 yards easily. It cost about 1/3 what a decent air rifle would run and has about 3 times the effective range. An air rifle is a backyard plinker to me and I have little use for one beyond that.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/16/11

[Linked Image]

To each his own.

That's the same thing I go through when I tell people that are uneducated about airguns. They have a good laugh and say crap that they have no knowledge on. That's until I bust out one of my guns and show them how leathal, accurate, and quite the guns are. They freak when I show them my suppressed Co2's, and how much power and range the gun has, especially when you have an eyewitness to see when you drop a bunny at 70 yards with them looking through binoculars. They tend to stay quiet, or, I'll hear them say, holy #@$%+, you killed it. Theeeeennnn, and only then will they start to ask LOT'S of questions about the different guns. The crap talk stops right there, funny how that works out.

My dad used to tell me as a kid,

"If you don't know anything about it, shut up, and ask questions, ya' might learn something". Something I still do till this day.

I know alot more about air rifles than you think so you might follow your own advice about shutting up and asking questions before jumping to any conclusions. Like it or not, air rifles have numerous limitatations, disadvantages and drawbacks as compared to powder burners and if they didn't, they'd be far more popular among small game and varmint hunters than firearms.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 09/16/11

I don't poach or hunt in the suburbs so I'm not terribly concerned about noise. As for accuracy, my 17 HMR will stay inside 3/4 MOA and smokes crows at 200 yards easily. It cost about 1/3 what a decent air rifle would run and has about 3 times the effective range. An air rifle is a backyard plinker to me and I have little use for one beyond that.

What the hell is someone like you even POSTING on an airgun forum if all you want to do is make ignorant and offensive comments about airguns and their owners? Your asinine "poacher" and "back yard plinker" comments say it all

First of all, I have been using a 17HMR since 2003 on local Prairie dogs and Jacks here here in Western Kansas. They is nothing you can tell me about a 17HMR I do not already know. But guess what genius? They are LOUD! And MANY crowed areas are NOT suburbs but rural areas with small farms. Just the sound of even a 17HMR being fired will get you a visit from the local LE.

I grew up on a family farm with lots of very valuable live stock around. There are LOTS of times when a quiet powerful AND accurate PCP rifle will do things better than even a silenced 22LR with subsonic HP slugs- let alone the MUCH louder 17HMR.

It's not 1950 anymore- the nation is a more crowded place. A hunter using an accurate, quiet rifle of ENOUGH power to do the job without over penetration/ricochet issues will find more areas to SAFELY hunt than the guy who uses louder /more powerful powder rifles.

A .22 cal Marauder properly adjusted can shoot 5 rounds into 1/2" at 50 yards with good pellets. It can fire at a level of sound equal to you WORKING THE BOLT on your 17hmr rifle(less than 90 DBs). It also don't endanger live stock or neighbors nearly as much as even a silenced 22 LR shooting Subsonic HP loads..

I can tell by your comments you've never even FIRED a fully shrouded PCP air rifle and content to expose upon that of which you have no clue.

Sad.

Posted By: mathman Re: quality pellets - 09/16/11
What the hell is someone like you even POSTING on an airgun forum if all you want to do is make ignorant and offensive comments about airguns and their owners?

It's another manifestation of DHBH syndrome. grin

Originally Posted by mathman
What the hell is someone like you even POSTING on an airgun forum if all you want to do is make ignorant and offensive comments about airguns and their owners?

It's another manifestation of DHBH syndrome. grin

Please elaborate on "DHBH" ..
Posted By: mathman Re: quality pellets - 09/16/11
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Off_Hand_PreSeason_Practice#Post5523341

Ahhhhh ..

I concur.

wink
Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/17/11
Well schitthead, I grew up on a dairy farm myself. Three of them as a matter of fact, as both of my grandfathers were dairy farmers too. Somehow my brothers and I managed to shoot all manner of vermin with shotguns, rimfire and centerfire rifles,in the direct vicinity of livestock without hitting any with ricocheting bullets or spooking them with the noise. We used to blast pigeons in the barnyard with 12 gauge shotguns while cattle milled about within feet totally unconcerned. The only time I found an air rifle more suitable for vermin control around the farm was for shooting pigeons out of the hay loft without punching holes in the roof.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 09/17/11
Well schitthead, I grew up on a dairy farm myself. Three of them as a matter of fact, as both of my grandfathers were dairy farmers too. Somehow my brothers and I managed to shoot all manner of vermin with shotguns, rimfire and centerfire rifles,in the direct vicinity of livestock without hitting any with ricocheting bullets or spooking them with the noise. We used to blast pigeons in the barnyard with 12 gauge shotguns while cattle milled about within feet totally unconcerned. The only time I found an air rifle more suitable for vermin control around the farm was for shooting pigeons out of the hay loft without punching holes in the roof.

Like I said, it's not 1950 anymore. The nation is a bit more crowded. Do those same things today and you'd get a visit from the sheriff.

As far as you calling me a "schithead" you CERTAINLY fit that bill as well as being a near total DUMBASS on the subject of modern airguns,.

Maybe you should take your ignorance based anti-airgun bias to another forum. It does not play well here with folks who actually LIVE in 2011 and have experience with air rifles made past 1980.
Posted By: Taconic11 Re: quality pellets - 09/17/11
Back to quality pellets, Please?
Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/18/11
Yeah, I'm anti airgun mr. genius. That's why I currently own 8 of them and have probably owned another dozen over the years. I still live and hunt in the same places I did back in the 1970's. No sheriff's were ever called for discharging firearms in those area's then or now so I'll continue to hunt with them in preference to any airgun.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 09/18/11
Yeah, I'm anti airgun mr. genius. That's why I currently own 8 of them and have probably owned another dozen over the years.

Every rifle you mention owning is at least a 30+ year old designs/performance level.

I doubt you've EVER even fired a modern shrouded PCP airgun, which is why you come up with retarded statements like this about the new Maurader-

I never could see spending that much on an air rifle when you can buy a .22 rimfire that will shoot MOA for less.

or this-

An air rifle is a backyard plinker to me and I have little use for one beyond that.

Looks pretty "anti airgun" to me.

And shows an INCREDIBLE amount of ignorance of designs now available.

Anyone who thinks they are all "backyard plinkers" is too stupid to even be posting on this forum.

Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/18/11
I don't give a damn how quiet your marauder is. It still shoots a 14.5 gr. pellet at subsonic velocity and is a goddam toy compared to even the .22 LR. when it comes to range and killing power. Furthermore I ain't too impressed with a 300.00 rifle that needs to be charged from a seperate, inconvenient contraptiion like a scuba tank or pump just to produce those miraculous .5" 50 yard groups you keep bragging on. Woopty friggin' doo ! I've got a 149.00 Marlin .22 that will group under .5" all day long from 50 yards and it'll flatten small game at twice that distance with ease. It doesn't require any costly, ungainly charging contraptions to do it, doesn't have any seals to leak or be replaced every few years and I can buy good, accurate ammo for it at a number of local stores. To sum up, I've owned, shot and researched the field of air rifles very, very thoroughly over the years. I've kept abreast of all the latest developments and there still isn't anything out there that will keep up with the powder burners when it comes to convenient,practical,economical, hassle free hunting.You can sing the praises of your impractical toys all you want but it won't change the fact that that's what they are and I cant help it if you're too stupid to see that. When they come up with a repeating air rifle that will launch a 40 grain hollow point bullet at 1300-2000 fps., weighs less than 6.5 lb., needs no outside charging contraptions, costs less than 400.00 and will group under .5" at 50 yards with ammo I can find at most any gun shop maybe I'll change my mind.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 09/19/11
I don't give a damn how quiet your marauder is. It still shoots a 14.5 gr. pellet at subsonic velocity and is a goddam toy compared to even the .22 LR. when it comes to range and killing power. Furthermore I ain't too impressed with a 300.00 rifle that needs to be charged from a seperate, inconvenient contraptiion like a scuba tank or pump just to produce those miraculous .5" 50 yard groups you keep bragging on. Woopty friggin' doo ! I've got a 149.00 Marlin .22 that will group under .5" all day long from 50 yards and it'll flatten small game at twice that distance with ease. It doesn't require any costly, ungainly charging contraptions to do it, doesn't have any seals to leak or be replaced every few years and I can buy good, accurate ammo for it at a number of local stores. To sum up, I've owned, shot and researched the field of air rifles very, very thoroughly over the years. I've kept abreast of all the latest developments and there still isn't anything out there that will keep up with the powder burners when it comes to convenient,practical,economical, hassle free hunting.You can sing the praises of your impractical toys all you want but it won't change the fact that that's what they are and I cant help it if you're too stupid to see that. When they come up with a repeating air rifle that will launch a 40 grain hollow point bullet at 1300-2000 fps., weighs less than 6.5 lb., needs no outside charging contraptions, costs less than 400.00 and will group under .5" at 50 yards with ammo I can find at most any gun shop maybe I'll change my mind.

You can rant all you want idiot, but just because a gun is more powderful does not make it more effective. If that was the case ,you should do all your hunting with a .458 win mag.

And BTW dummy, unless your powder guns have on board ammunition making facilities , your powder guns are as dependent on outside ammunition sources as any airgun is.

Your dumb little rant shows you have not a CLUE about modern airguns. Like I said you have nothing to offer this forum except stupid Bullschit.

I'll tell you what, [bleep].

Sit in a chair at 50 yards and let someone with a good .22 PCP rifle and plant a 21g Kodiak pellet between your eyes cruising at 800 FPS. Then you' see what a "toy" it is.
The problem is, you'd be too dead to see the results.

But, the upside is none of us would have to read any more of your asinine drivel..

Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/19/11
I know what a 21 grain pellet can do at 730 fps. [bleep]. That's how fast they go out of my steroid Benjamin 392 and they're pitifully lacking in both trajectory and killing power compared to a .22 rimfire. Another 70 fps isn't going to turn them into a .22 LR you goddam stupid retard. I can buy .22 LR's at my local gunshop 3 miles up the road. I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a scuba tank refilled you ignorant lout. Furthermore I have no desire to cart a friggin' scuba tank or hand/foot pump around the woods if I might want to shoot more than the air reservoir will hold. No thank's Mr. dumbphuck, I'll just stick a couple extra boxes of .22's in my game vest if you don't mind {and tough schit if you do you stupid asswhole}. I'll just leave the air rifles to backyard plinking and birdfeeder patrol duties where experience has proven they serve me best. You haven't a [bleep] clue what species I hunt or under what conditions so you are completely unqualified to tell me what kind of rifle is best for the job. Now have a coke and a smile and [bleep] yourself very much dickhead !
I know what a 21 grain pellet can do at 730 fps. [bleep]. That's how fast they go out of my steroid Benjamin 392 and they're pitifully lacking in both trajectory and killing power compared to a .22 LR. Another 70 fps isn't going to turn them into a .22 LR you goddam stupid retard. I can buy .22 LR's at my local gunshop 3 miles up the road. I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a scuba tank refilled you ignorant lout. Either that or cart a friggin' hand/foot pump around the woods if I might want to shoot more than the air reservoir will hold. No thank's Mr. dumbphuck, I'd rather just stick a couple extra boxes of .22's in my game vest if you don't mind {and tough schit if you do you stupid asswhole}. I'll just leave the air rifles to backyard plinking and birdfeeder patrol duties where experience has shown they serve me best.

No need to drive down the road for a scuba fill. Handpumps work just fine with the Marauders. 2 pumps for each full power shot vs 8 to 10 for your 1950s technology Benjamin.

And a Marauder with sling a 21g Kodiak quite a bit faster than a Benjamin and a hell of a lot quieter and more accurately.

Also the Benjamin of yours is a single shot. The Marauder has ten shot magazines and will fire three of them at full power on a fill.

The fact yo even COMPARE your loud old Benjamin to a silenced clip fed Marauder tells me you have your head SO far up your dumb arse you should not even be posting here.
I know what a 21 grain pellet can do at 730 fps. [bleep]. That's how fast they go out of my steroid Benjamin 392 and they're pitifully lacking in both trajectory and killing power compared to a .22 LR. Another 70 fps isn't going to turn them into a .22 LR you goddam stupid retard. I can buy .22 LR's at my local gunshop 3 miles up the road. I'd have to drive 40 miles to get a scuba tank refilled you ignorant lout. Either that or cart a friggin' hand/foot pump around the woods if I might want to shoot more than the air reservoir will hold. No thank's Mr. dumbphuck, I'd rather just stick a couple extra boxes of .22's in my game vest if you don't mind {and tough schit if you do you stupid asswhole}. I'll just leave the air rifles to backyard plinking and birdfeeder patrol duties where experience has shown they serve me best.

No need to drive down the road for a scuba fill. Handpumps work just fine with the Marauders. 2 pumps for each full power shot vs 8 to 10 for your 1950s technology Benjamin.

And a Marauder with sling a 21g Kodiak quite a bit faster than a Benjamin and a hell of a lot quieter and more accurately.

Also the Benjamin of yours is a single shot. The Marauder has ten shot magazines and will fire three of them at full power on a fill.

The fact yo even COMPARE your loud old Benjamin to a silenced clip fed Marauder tells me you have your head SO far up your dumb arse you should not even be posting here.
Wow, 30 shots on a fill ! Woops I already knew that mr. head up your ass. And HOW MANY TIMES do you have to be told that noise isn't an issue with me you stupid schitt ? Do you have a reading comprehension disability or are you just a dumbass by preference ? And it's pretty damned obvious you don't know a damn thing about steroid Benjamins from your post so why don't you just STFU about things you are ignorant of ? You obviously don't have any business even posting in this thread !

Wow, 30 shots on a fill ! Woops I already knew that mr. head up your ass. And HOW MANY TIMES do you have to be told that noise isn't an issue with me you stupid schitt ? Do you have a reading comprehension disability or are you just a dumbass by preference ? And it's pretty damned obvious you don't know a damn thing about steroid Benjamins from your post so why don't you just STFU about things you are ignorant of ? You obviously don't have any business even posting in this thread !

You only get ONE shot with a Benjamin pumper and then have to pump it up another 8 to ten times to shoot it again! And a steroid conversion does NOT fix that, dummy. wink

Even a Steroid modified Benjamin is a joke in terms of speed to a Marauder with the same pellets. And accuracy as well. Not to mention damn loud.

Plus no way to scope a Benjamin pumper conveniently or solidly. No follow up shots. No way to moderate the sound.

But then again it's YOU who talk about rifles you have never even shot, Cretin.

Argue with someone else, you senile old moron..Your pathetic "experience" with airguns does not amount to much in 2011.
Look dumbass, I never said my steroid Benjamin was the last word in airguns {but then neither is your marauder} but it does chrono 730 with 21 gr. Kodiaks, 840 with 14.5 gr RWS superdomes and 630 with 29 gr Eun-Jins. Not far behind your Marauder according to your posted figure but also not quite equal to a friggin' CB cap, which I don't consider much of a hunting round. And WTH is it with you and your "noise" ? Do you have tender wittle ear dwums ? Quit hunting over your neighbors bird feeders, get out of the city limits and you won't have to worry about it so much.
Look dumbass, I never said my steroid Benjamin was the last word in airguns {but then neither is your marauder} but it does chrono 730 with 21 gr. Kodiaks, 840 with 14.5 gr RWS superdomes and 630 with 29 gr Eun-Jins. Not far behind your Marauder according to your posted figure but also not quite equal to a friggin' CB cap, which I don't consider much of a hunting round. And WTH is it with you and your "noise" ? Do you have tender wittle ear dwums ? Quit hunting over your neighbors bird feeders, get out of the city limits and you won't have to worry about it so much.

Noise is important.

90 DB for a .22 cal Marauder is defacto SILENT in most surroundings.

A Benjamin that has been steroided is as loud as any 22LR subsonic round. Actually, a bit louder.

If you cannot figure out the importance of that in a crowded world, then I can't help you. In your case, you can't fix stupid.

Stay in 1959 where you belong and leave discussions of shooting in 2011 to folks who actually own modern airguns
It ain't crowded where I live and hunt in 2011. I just can't fathom how incredibly STUPID you must be not to be able to grasp that concept !
It ain't crowded where I live and hunt in 2011. I just can't fathom how incredibly STUPID you must be not to be able to grasp that concept !

Good for you.

And your specific needs don't run the world.

Your statements about airguns only being backyard plinkers or Marauders being some sort of a ripoff show the incredibly ignorant, myopic world view you have.

Your statements about airguns only being backyard plinkers or Marauders being some sort of a ripoff show the incredibly ignorant, myopic world view you have.
Neither do yours city slicker. I said airguns were backyard plinkers and not serious hunters TO ME retard. Your lack of understanding here leaves NO DOUBT that your IQ is somewhat lacking in comparison to an opossum !

Neither do yours city slicker. I said airguns were backyard plinkers and not serious hunters TO ME retard. Your lack of understanding here leaves NO DOUBT that your IQ is somewhat lacking in comparison to an opossum !

I'm not a city slicker, jackazz. I come from a long line of farmers and ranchers. I have probably worked more cattle in my lifetime than you have ever seen.

I am also smart enough not to pretend my needs cancel out those of others,nor condemn guns which I have never owned.

All of which you are guilty of here.

Frankly , based on your posts here, an opossum would be a Rhoades' scholar next to you.
I am also smart enough not to pretend my needs cancel out those of others,nor condemn guns which I have never owned.

You don't know what airguns I've owned or have experience with jackazz ! And anyone who thinks airguns fit "the needs" of the majority of small game/varmint hunters is delusional and definitely in the minority. No ? Then why the hell do they sell rimfire rifles and ammunition by the millions in every gun/sport shop in the country while "quality hunting air rifles" and pellets are so few and far between that they generally need to be ordered ? Expensive, impractical, rich boy toys is what they are and their hunting applications are somewhat limited due to being generally cumbersome in physical size and/or operation { seperate hand pumps, scuba tanks} and lacking in power and range in comparison to firearms.

You don't know what airguns I've owned or have experience with jackazz !

I KNOW from your incredibly ignorant posts about them you've never even FIRED a fully shrouded PCP or a Marauder.

Hell, I doubt you've even HANDLED a Marauder.

Your ignorance about them has shown in every post you've made.

BTW, being called a "jackazz" by someone of your "stature" here is a true compliment.

GFY. wink

And I know from your incredibly ignorant posts that you know next to nothing about a steroid Benjamin. No ? Then why don't you know how many pumps it takes to reach maximum power with a steroid gun and why don't you know that one of the features offered by Mac1 is cutting dovetail slots in the receiver to facilitate solid, convenient scope mounting Mr. airgun expert ? What a [bleep]' ignorant moron !
And I know from your incredibly ignorant posts that you know next to nothing about a steroid Benjamin. No ? Then why don't you know how many pumps it takes to reach maximum power with a steroid gun and why don't you know that one of the features offered by Mac1 is cutting dovetail slots in the receiver to facilitate solid, convenient scope mounting Mr. airgun expert ? What a [bleep]' ignorant moron !

I know all about Steroid Benjamins.

Enough to know you are totally full of schit about them as well- steroided or not. wink

First of all, by the time you pay for the Benjamin rifle and the Steroid conversion it costs what a Maruader does.

Secondly, you and I BOTH know that nowhere NEAR the velocity of a Marauder can be achieve with a steroid converted Benjamin with less than 8 pumps. Period.

And finally , even if you solidly mount a scope over the receiver, it is STILL in the way for secure holding of the rifle while pumping. Which is why Benjamin OR Sheridan did not design them with scope dovetails in the first place.

And like I said dipschit, your Steroid Benji still is a SINGLE SHOT with a crappy trigger and is as loud as a powder gun.

So that makes TWO guns you are clueless about.

I know all about Steroid benjamins.

First of all, by the time you pay for the Benjamin rifle and the Steroid conversion it costs what a Maruader does.

Secondly you and I BOTH know that nowhere NEAR the velocity of a Marauder can be achieve with a steroid Benjamin with less than 8 pumps.

And finally you dumbhuck, even if you solidly mount a scope over the receiver, it is STILL in the way for secure holding of the rifle while pumping.

And like I said dipschit, your Steroid Benji still is a SINGLE SHOT with a SCHITTY trigger and is as loud as a powder gun.

Congratulations.

You are officially a sucker.
Well with 14 pumps {which is max on a steroid gun mr. airgun expert} it launches pellets of equal weight nearly as fast as your Marauder. Not much need to pump it that far for backyard plinking or bird feeder patrol though, as it produces 450 fps with a 14 gr. pellet at just 3 pumps. The 2.5 lb trigger {from Mac1}isn't great but it doesn't seem too terrible either. Your Marauder is still an underpowered joke compared to a .22 or .22 magnum and not very suitable for MY small game hunting uses. I'd love to see it "outperform" my lowly Marlin 60 on running cottontails in front of my beagles !
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 09/20/11

First of all, by the time you pay for the Benjamin rifle and the Steroid conversion it costs what a Marauder does.

Secondly you and I BOTH know that nowhere NEAR the velocity of a Marauder can be achieve with a steroid Benjamin with less than 8 pumps.

And finally you dumbhuck, even if you solidly mount a scope over the receiver, it is STILL in the way for secure holding of the rifle while pumping.

And like I said dipschit, your Steroid Benji still is a SINGLE SHOT with a SCHITTY trigger and is as loud as a powder gun.

Congratulations.

Well with 14 pumps {which is max on a steroid gun mr. airgun expert} it launches pellets of equal weight nearly as fast as your Marauder. Not much need to pump it that far for backyard plinking or bird feeder patrol though, as it produces 450 fps with a 14 gr. pellet at just 3 pumps. The 2.5 lb trigger {from Mac1}isn't great but it doesn't seem too terrible either. Your Marauder is still an underpowered joke compared to a .22 or .22 magnum and not very suitable for MY small game hunting uses. I'd love to see it "outperform" my lowly Marlin 60 on running cottontails in front of my beagles !

Standard number of pumps on a Benjamin is 8.. not 14. That steroid conversion is not exactly a "bargain" in terms of performance.

As far as the triggers go, even at 2.5lbs the steroid trigger is SCHIT compared to a Marauder. But then again, you've never even shot a Marauder so how the [bleep] would your ignorant azz know that?

As far as your Marlin m60 goes.. this is an airgun forum.
Your arguments are pretty damn weak if you have to bring up a rimfire rifle to deflect what an archaic POS your Benjamin is

I have a 30-06 Mauser that makes your Marlin m60 look like a pop gun in terms of BOTH power and accuracy..So what?

Posted By: Blackheart Re: quality pellets - 09/20/11

First of all, by the time you pay for the Benjamin rifle and the Steroid conversion it costs what a Marauder does.

Congratulations.

Standard number of pumps on a Benjamin is 8.. not 14. That steroid conversion is not exactly a "bargain" in terms of performance.

As far as the triggers go, even at 2.5lbs the steroid trigger is SCHIT compared to a Marauder. But then again, you've never even shot a Marauder so how the [bleep] would your ignorant azz know that?

As far as your Marlin m60 goes.. this is an airgun forum.
Your arguments are pretty damn weak if you have to bring up a rimfire rifle to deflect what an archaic POS your Benjamin is

I have a 30-06 Mauser that makes your Marlin m60 look like a pop gun in terms of BOTH power and accuracy..So what?

How's that Mauser work on running cottontails MORON ? You've missed the gist of the whole argument here {surprise, surprise, DUMBASS} which is airguns vs. firearms for small game/varmint hunting and for that the airguns come in a piss poor second place compared to rimfire rifles. Oh, and the whole point of the steroid conversion is to beef up the standard gun with stonger seals/valves/pump linkage SO THAT YOU CAN PUMP IT MORE TIMES TO HIGHER PRESSURE FOR MORE VELOCITY AND LONGER LIFE/IMPROVED DURABILITY. YOU DON'T KNOW A GODDAM THING ABOUT STEROIDS OR MUCH OF ANYTHING ELSE AND THAT'S AS OBVIOUS AS THE POINT ON THE TOP OF YOUR THICK [bleep]' SKULL, RETARD !!!!!
Well, like I said.. this is an AIRGUN forum.

If you'd ever owned a Marauder and USED it you'd see than anything inside 75 yards from Jack rabbits on down you loose or miss would be YOUR fault- no Marlin m60 needed.

And I don't shoot cottontails RUNNING like some slob hunter like you. You sound more inbred with each post you make.

YOU are the one who keeps bringing up centerfires and rimfires every time your ignorant opinions on airguns are questioned.

BTW, you could TOTALLY rebuild a Benjamin pumper and it still would be in inefficient, archaic POS.

As it stands a Steroided Benjamin makes a Marauder look like a [bleep] bargain.

If you'd ever owned a Marauder and USED it you'd see than anything inside 75 yards from Jack rabbits on down you loose or miss would be YOUR fault- no Marlin m60 needed.

And I don't shoot cottontails RUNNING like some slob hunter like you. You sound more inbred with each post you make.

YOU are the one who keeps bringing up centerfires and rimfires every time your ignorant opinions on airguns are questioned.

BTW, you could TOTALLY rebuild a Benjamin pumper and it still would be in inefficient, archaic POS.

The only "slob hunter" here is you. I've run rabbits with beagles for 35 years and after killing thousands of them with shotguns I started using a .22 in an effort to put some sport back into the shooting. The shotgun makes it so easy even a dumbphuck like you could do it but it gets to the point where it's just slaughter for anyone who can shoot. High velocity hollow point .22 LR's will stop them even with hits through the guts or hind legs and any wounded rabbits are quickly run down by the dogs. Your famous Marauder would be woefully inadequate for such use and the vast superiority of the semi automatic .22 would be immediately apparent even to an idiot like you. Stupid city slicker !

The only "slob hunter" here is you. I've run rabbits with beagles for 35 years and after killing thousands of them with shotguns I started using a .22 in an effort to put some sport back into the shooting. The shotgun makes it so easy even a dumbphuck like you could do it but it gets to the point where it's just slaughter for anyone who can shoot. High velocity hollow point .22 LR's will stop them even with hits through the guts or hind legs and any wounded rabbits are quickly run down by the dogs. Moron.

Apparently, using a good .22 PCP Air rifle rifle is BEYOND your skill set as a hunter or rifleman..

Hence the 22 Semi Auto, dogs and gut shooting rabbits.

You are a sad little [bleep].
Nope, no banjo and I don't carry a stupid hand pump or wimpy air rifle around with me either. As for my skill set as a hunter and rifleman, a stupid city slicker such as yourself could never hope to be my equal. Shooting sitting rabbits is akin to ground sluicing birds or shooting fish in a barrel. Such things are best left to bumbling, incompetent wannabe's such as yourself.. Do you prefer to shoot your game inside a cage or are you good with just shooting it on the sit out from under your neighbors bird feeders ? You're obviously a pitifully unskilled and stupid little wretch so it's probably best if you stick with whatevers been workin' for ya..
Nope, no banjo and I don't carry a stupid hand pump or wimpy air rifle around with me either. As for my skill set as a hunter and rifleman, a stupid city slicker such as yourself could never hope to be my equal. Shooting sitting rabbits is akin to ground sluicing birds or shooting fish in a barrel. Such things are best left to bumbling, incompetent wannabe's like you. Do you prefer to shoot your game inside a cage or are you good with just shooting it on the sit out from under your neighbors bird feeders ?

Well azzhole, your "skill set" could be put in a small thimble with room left over for a Buick.

I've packed into wilderness areas from Montana to New Mexico and hauled deer and Elk out of them all by my lonesome with just a good rifle.. And your dog running, gutshooting self calls me a "city slicker"...

That's rich. wink

Well no matter WHERE you were born or live - you ARE a slob hunter.. dogs or not.

Too bad your father slept with his sister and bore your sorry azz..

My dad didn't have time to bang his sister cuz he was too busy bangin' the schitt outta your trampy momma. You do have some imagination there city slicker, even if you are a pitiful, stupid, liein' SOB..
My dad didn't have time to bang his sister cuz he was too busy [bleep]' the schitt outta your trampy momma.

Your dad was too busy screwing farm animals to mess with any women other than his sister.

Apparently, you and he both like taking animals in the azz.

Figures, "Banjoboy".

That just goes to prove that If you can imagine yourself an accomplished outdoorsman, hunter and "airgun expert" you can imagine just about anything. Keep it up and someday you'll be able to imagine yourself intelligent too. Attaboy Goober !!!
That just goes to prove that If you can imagine yourself an accomplished outdoorsman, hunter and "airgun expert" you can imagine just about anything. Keep it up and someday you'll be able to imagine yourself intelligent too. Attaboy Goober !!!

Well, Banjoboy,

Unlike you, I have done all of the worthy things of which I claim.

The only thing you have done here is criticize airguns which you have never owned or fired, compared Airguns to firearms when your statements are proven false and then brag about gut-shooting rabbits with semi auto rimfires while running them with dogs.

You are a PATHETIC excuse for a so called "sportsman"..

The only thing you have done here is criticize airguns which you have never owned or fired, compared Airguns to firearms when your arguments get shot down and then brag about gut-shooting rabbits run with dogs with semi auto rifles.

You haven't done anything worthy. All you've done is PROVE what an ignorant, stupid, pathetic,low class, white trash PIECE OF SCHITT you really are. My dad didn't [bleep] farm animals but yours OBVIOUSLY did and you're the unfortunate, sickening result.

The only thing you have done here is criticize airguns which you have never owned or fired, compared Airguns to firearms when your arguments get shot down and then brag about gut-shooting rabbits run with dogs with semi auto rifles.

You haven't done anything worthy. All you've done is PROVE what an ignorant, stupid, pathetic, of low class white trash PIECE OF SCHITT you really are. My dad didn't [bleep] farm animals but yours OBVIOUSLY did and you're the unfortunate, sickening result.

You gut shoot rabbits with the help of dogs and call me "white trash"?

That's funny stuff, hillbilly boy. grin

You haven't done anything worthy. All you've done is PROVE what an ignorant, stupid, pathetic, of low class white trash PIECE OF SCHITT you really are. My dad didn't [bleep] farm animals but yours OBVIOUSLY did and you're the unfortunate, sickening result.

You gut shoot rabbits with the help of dogs and call me "white trash"?

That's funny stuff, hillbilly boy. grin

Obviously you don't know anything about rabbit hunting with dogs either you wannabe, white trash, piece -o- schit. By your definition, bird hunting with dogs and shotguns would have to be "unsportsman like" too. Better stick to sniping them on the sit off your birdfeeder then. Running rabbits can be wounded with shotguns or .22's and it's no different than what happens when you knock down a pheasant and the dog brings it back still alive. It happens when you hunt running/flying game and if your stupid little city slicker ass can't stomach it, you'd better stick to golf or knitting or whatever the hell you city slickers do. Man you are one WORTHLESS, STUPID MUTHER [bleep] !

Coming from a gutshooting slob hunter like yourself, that's a funny little rant.

Hillbilly boy. wink

Coming from a gutshooting slob hunter like yourself, that's a funny little rant.

Hillbilly boy. wink

I guess it might be funny to a dumbschitt city slicker that doesn't know a damn thing about the realities of hunting. Or air guns. You really are in over your head and your lack of knowledge and experience is plain to see.

Hillbilly boy. wink

I guess it might be funny to a dumbschitt city slicker that doesn't know a damn thing about the realities of hunting. Or air guns.

I know about the realities of slob hunters like you who don't give a damn about game suffering needlessly do to their piss poor shooting..

You exemplify THAT , " Rambo "...

Hillbilly boy. wink

I guess it might be funny to a dumbschitt city slicker that doesn't know a damn thing about the realities of hunting. Or air guns.

I know about the realities of slob hunters like you who don't give a damn about game suffering needlessly do to their piss poor shooting..

I know about the realities of little sissy boys like you too. It's pretty obvious you've never done any hunting outside your back yard over the bird feeder with your massively powerful and silent little ground sluicers, poaching rifle. It's no wonder that you don't approve of shooting flying/running game as I'm sure you wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever hitting a moving target anyway. What a sad little excuse for a man. Are you even a man or just a little snot nosed brat playing with daddy's BB gun ? Don't bother answering that as I already know you're a delusional liar and you have nothing of any value to say.

Hillbilly boy. wink

I know about the realities of little sissy boys like you too. It's pretty obvious you've never done any hunting outside your back yard over the bird feeder with your massively poweful and silent little ground sluicers, poaching rifle. It's not a wonder that you don't approve of shooting flying/running game as I'm sure you wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever hitting a moving target anyway. What a sad little joke of an excuse for a man. Are you even a man or just a little snot nosed brat playing with daddy's BB gun ?

Wow.

Coming from a gutshooting, slob hunting POS like yourself, that "really hurts"..

I bet your own dogs are ashamed to be seen with an inbred cretin you.

What a loser you are.

As a hunter and a rifleman, you are PATHETIC.
You just ain't worth my time BOY.
You just ain't worth my time BOY.

I'm sooooo hurt by that, bunny gutshooter.
Posted By: coachhub Re: quality pellets - 09/22/11
No, hangman. I was telling a fib.....and that is the point I was trying to make about that guy claiming 1/2-inch groups at a hundred meters. My fib about hummingbirds is about as true as him shooting those groups. I've never seen anybody do it.

coachhub
Posted By: Snyper Re: quality pellets - 12/23/11
You know, you guys should grow up and stop acting like a couple of hormonal middle school punks.

There was a decent, informational discussion going on before you decided to see who could be the biggest fool in public.

Right now it seems to be a tie
Posted By: cheechako Re: quality pellets - 12/24/11
My how things change. The first air rifle I bought was 28 years ago, still the only one. The thing is, what got me to stop in and have a look was a big ole billboard sign that read ADULT AIR RIFLES, any way, does Beeman still make pellets worth shooting?
Posted By: xposo Re: quality pellets - 12/24/11
Originally Posted by cheechako
My how things change. The first air rifle I bought was 28 years ago, still the only one. The thing is, what got me to stop in and have a look was a big ole billboard sign that read ADULT AIR RIFLES, any way, does Beeman still make pellets worth shooting?

Nope, and Beeman never made anything, Doc Beeman had everything made to his specs with his name on it. Guns were by Weihrauch, and pellets by H&N. Although the Chinese bought the Beeman name, nothing is the same, especially quality. After Beeman got sold and all of his original FT pellets were all sold off, H&N came out with the Field Target Trophy pellets that were Beeman's FT pellet. H&N still makes all of the same pellets that Beeman marketed, but now it's under their name. I'd buy the H&N brand first before I'd buy anything marked Beeman, including the guns, it's all Chinese made now, not German. Big difference.
Posted By: jim62 Re: quality pellets - 12/25/11
The older Bremans aiiguns were not just made by Weihrach.

Dianawerk(now RWS) made some of the early models and Webley made many of Beeman's models up until about 15 years ago.

German made Wehruach Beeman's are still being made and imported. They are all not Chinese and the country of origin is still marked on the packaging and the box.
© 24hourcampfire