Home
Posted By: jmp300wsm Scope question - 11/22/16
Will a good quality (Minox) rifle scope work on a springer air rifle or does it spell certain death?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Scope question - 11/22/16
It may not self destruct, but unless it has closer range parallax adjustment, you may not want to keep it on a springer.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Scope question - 11/22/16
You make a very good point there.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Scope question - 11/29/16
I'd contact Minox and ask the scope is rated for airguns. Although Burris assured me that their scopes were, I broke two. I now use Leupolds on magnum spring guns and have never had a problem.
Posted By: sidewinder72 Re: Scope question - 12/24/16
I ma a Leupold man, and I have blown two 3x9x33 efr scopes out. They were sent back and rebuilt. The same scope twice in 2 months. Went to PCP and ends the problem. Spring guns are Killers on scopes period. Good shoooting
Posted By: jp_over Re: Scope question - 12/27/16
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
I ma a Leupold man, and I have blown two 3x9x33 efr scopes out. They were sent back and rebuilt. The same scope twice in 2 months. Went to PCP and ends the problem. Spring guns are Killers on scopes period. Good shoooting

+1 I haven't had any problems with Leupold scopes on springers but I've heard of folks who have. Sometimes a good tune can help however.
Posted By: jp_over Re: Scope question - 12/27/16
Just saw this link posted on the yellow (springer scope graveyard):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhkHvNWEeo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1482776542/last-1482799939/Expand+Thread
Posted By: ScorpioFIN Re: Scope question - 05/02/17
[Linked Image]

In general, Leupolds tend to last. This one is from mid-90's, granted that the 601 is not a springer but Leupolds were a popular choice for the FWB 300-series also. They are viewed as recoilless, but that's only partislly true. The shooter doesn't feel the recoil, because the action slides back when shooting, but the scope goes through the same principles that it would get on any springer, although FWBs have very smooth action in the sense that there are no more vibrations than absolutely necessary.
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Scope question - 05/03/17
Hawke scopes are supposed to be great on air guns. The Brits put a lot of them on their fancy air guns.

I put one on a 450 Bushmaster and have been happy with it so far. Only complaint is the weight.

Dan
Posted By: centershot Re: Scope question - 05/03/17
I've had good luck with a Nikon Prostaff EFR on my R-9. Quality mounts are also a must.
Posted By: LostArra Re: Scope question - 05/06/17
Originally Posted by centershot
I've had good luck with a Nikon Prostaff EFR on my R-9. Quality mounts are also a must.

+1 on the Nikon
Posted By: bea175 Re: Scope question - 05/06/17
Hawke Scope is the way to go
Posted By: jdollar Re: Scope question - 05/08/17
Hawke Airmax. It's designed for air rifles.
© 24hourcampfire