Home
Posted By: Mikewriter Couple of "Good" possums! - 04/04/17
[Linked Image]

Pest control via Benjamin Prowler .177.

Mike
Posted By: Owl Re: Couple of "Good" possums! - 04/04/17
Granny is going to be makin some possum stew for Jethro tonight
I use to shoot possums.Then one day I saw one in my back yard eating dog turds. They get a free pass from me now.
Ever see one that has crawled into a garbage can and couldn't get out? The pretty much filled the can with it's own [bleep]? They are NASTY critters.

Mike
I'll eat damn near any kind of animal - or fish. Possum is one that I never have, although some old timers always told me they were great baked with sweet potatoes.

Mike
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Couple of "Good" possums! - 04/15/17
Nice work with that Benjamin .177; I bought a .22 cal. Benjamin Trail in Sep. 2015 because I was told the 22's kill better and at the time I had zero air gun experience. So far I've only used it on squirrels but now I've got an itch to try possums too. One good thing is it's a lot quieter than using 22LR.
I've killed several (rat)coons with my .177. Took it to the camp to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder this past weekend, but the little rascals somehow know when I have a gun I plan to shoot them with, and stay away. Could have tried it on a big swamp rabbit, but the rabbits out there are so tame it just wouldn't be sporting to shoot one. I considered a .22 when I bought my latest Benjamin, probably found the .177 at a real good price?

Mike
© 24hourcampfire