Home
Posted By: jnyork FWB300S - 05/21/17
I sort of inherited a FWB300s , it has no metallic sights, it has a cheap Simmons scope mounted. Condition is about 90-95 percent or so. I know it has been in a closet for the last 20+years without being fired, so it very likely needs an overhaul. I don't know what these things are worth, so am curious as to whether it's worth it to send it in to someone to tune it up, might keep it if it's worth it. Thanks.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: FWB300S - 05/21/17
It may not need an overhaul; if the seal is in decent condition I'd shoot it as is. Rebuild kits are inexpensive and there are a few airgun 'smiths online that offer that service. Without sights you're looking at a $450-500 rifle in that condition. They're highly desirable guns.
Posted By: jnyork Re: FWB300S - 05/21/17
Thanks for your reply, Oregon 45. I might want to try to get an original set of iron sights for this gun, do you have an idea of exactly what sights they came with? I have nosed around on ebay a little, there are plenty there but several different models. Thanks
Posted By: Montivagant Re: FWB300S - 05/22/17
I have one and rebuilt it last year with new Maccari guts. The OEM seal and piston bumper break down over time. The breach seal will leak if the cocking lever is kept latched long term. Keep it. Tune it up and shoot it. They love JSB 8.44 gr. fodder. Your grandkids will thank you.....
© 24hourcampfire