Home
Thinking about buying this in .25 . Anybody have one ?
I had one in .22 caliber.

Have since just gone to a Marauder .25 cal full time.

It was a good rifle, though. Benjamin sells a bunch of them.
Picked up a 22 cal. model direct from the Crosman tent at a National Hunting & Fishing Day event back in Sep. 2015. Got to test fire it before I bought it. I like it but it's the first air rifle I've ever owned so I don't have any experience to compare it with. Heard good things about them and after putting a few rounds through it I bought it on the spot. Got a discount because it had been fired and was a "demo" model. Even took it squirrel hunting last season instead of a 22 rimfire just for the challenge and did get one at about 25 yds.. Crosman 22 cal. Premier 14.3 gr. pellets chronograph at about 816 fps and the 14.3 gr. Piranha pellets run about 832 fps. and are accurate enough for my use. Have talked with another guy who has one and he was pretty satisfied with his also. I hear the 25 cal. models are a real step up in power.
So I got one .......absolutely the worst trigger I have ever seen . My great uncle had a ancient single shot 12 ga with 14# trigger . This is ever worse . Ordered a replacement . After I get it installed we'll see ....................
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I had one in .22 caliber.

Have since just gone to a Marauder .25 cal full time.

It was a good rifle, though. Benjamin sells a bunch of them.

I would really like to have a PCP . Maybe some day . Do you use a hand pump ?
Originally Posted by mule1
So I got one .......absolutely the worst trigger I have ever seen . My great uncle had a ancient single shot 12 ga with 14# trigger . This is ever worse . Ordered a replacement . After I get it installed we'll see ....................

Should have checked YouTube before ordering. There are a few cheap tricks such as replacing the trigger spring with a RC roller bearing (5x8x2.5mm) that work wonders for the trigger. All the trigger spring does is set the amount of pull.

Not exactly a Rekord Trigger eh. I tried a few of the cheaper springers, finally sprang for a Beeman R9 and got the quality I was after.
I need a new pellet gun!!
Originally Posted by centershot

Not exactly a Rekord Trigger eh. I tried a few of the cheaper springers, finally sprang for a Beeman R9 and got the quality I was after.

Originally Posted by centershot
[quote=mule1]So I got one .......absolutely the worst trigger I have ever seen . My great uncle had a ancient single shot 12 ga with 14# trigger . This is ever worse . Ordered a replacement . After I get it installed we'll see ....................

I've had a few of the Chinese and Spanish guns, but I agree even the base level German guns are worlds ahead quality wise. The R9 or RWS 34 are both good rifles that won't break the bank.
© 24hourcampfire