Home
Posted By: DLALLDER Pellet Gun - 12/06/18
It's been many years since I have owned a pellet gun. I would like to purchase a pump-up type, what would you recommend and where is best source? Thanks Daniel
Posted By: tmitch Re: Pellet Gun - 12/06/18
For a new gun the Benjamin 392 .22 cal. (.177 would be a 397) would be about as good as it gets. They can be found in the $160 range. If it doesn't have to be new, shop around for a used Sheridan Blue or Silver Streak. Depending on condition they can be 1-200 dollars.
Posted By: colodog Re: Pellet Gun - 12/06/18
Benjamin link

Along with a Williams peep sight Link here to make it complete and you'll be set.

The Benjamins aren't exactly quiet at full power but they are effective and they move very little when you shoot so they're easy to shoot accurately.

Both of mine are 177. a 22 is a little slower but it thumps bunnies a little harder.

Let us know what you choose!

P.S. the older 5mm /.20cal work fine too but there are not many pellets to choose from for .20 cal. Just a FYI...
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Pellet Gun - 12/09/18
Got a 397. Good rifle, not fun to pump up. Very heavy trigger. Very heavy trigger.
Daisy Powerline 880, half the price of above. Get it at Walmart. Easy pumping, not as accurate, better trigger. Single shot with pellets, a repeater with BB's. Fun.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Pellet Gun - 12/09/18
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Got a 397. Good rifle, not fun to pump up. Very heavy trigger. Very heavy trigger.
Daisy Powerline 880, half the price of above. Get it at Walmart. Easy pumping, not as accurate, better trigger. Single shot with pellets, a repeater with BB's. Fun.
My old Daisy 881 is more accurate than my Benjamin 392 and way easier to pump.
Posted By: RDW Re: Pellet Gun - 12/17/18
It's not what you asked for but since I have used pump, break barrel and PCP...

Benjamin pistol with the carbine stock and a 49.00 China'loca hand pump off Amazon would be cheap, quiet, accurate and in my opinion a LOT more fun.

https://www.amazon.com/Benjamin-Mar...&sr=8-4&keywords=benjamin+pistol

https://www.amazon.com/OrangeA-Airg...66&sr=8-7&keywords=pcp+hand+pump
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Pellet Gun - 12/17/18
Price: $374.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
Posted By: Timbo Re: Pellet Gun - 12/17/18
I'm more a spring gun guy, but I do have a Benjamin 397 and highly recommend it as far as pump ups go.
© 24hourcampfire