Home
Posted By: kragman1 Crosman 6500 in .177 - 03/15/19
Need general info and a price check - LGS has a really clean one he hasn't priced yet, and I'm liking it.

Says made in West Germany, and it seems very well made. Machined steel rear sight/globe front (only 1 insert). 2 stage trigger and looks adjustable, at least partially - I saw 1 screw from the outside).
"Hardwood" stock, very short dovetail on the very rear of the receiver - not long enough for mounting a scope.
Looks like a 2" long release lever to break the barrel open - lockup has no play I could find.

Looks like the good kind of old, so I'm guessing its a 700 fps gun with mid-weight lead. It may even have leather seals.

Everything about it speaks to quality so I'm assuming a quality maker. Odd that it isn't a walnut stock though.

Does anyone know what it really is, any technical info and what its worth? I'm hoping its something I can afford. I would love to shoot it.

Thanks!
Posted By: kragman1 Re: Crosman 6500 in .177 - 03/16/19
So, the old internet tells me its an Anschutz 335 and that my guesses were all pretty close.
Still, not really a lot of info out there.

Anyone have experience with them? Its easy to assume quality & accuracy, but we all know how that goes...

Values have been in the $150 range, which is less than I would have thought. Evidently it was an entry level gun, which makes it even more interesting to me in terms of bang for my buck.

Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire