Home
Posted By: m_stevenson Sheridan scope mount - 06/07/19
I'm looking to scope a couple of Sheridans.

The clamp on barrel style is out. One pulled the barrel loose from the tube, and will have to be repaired.

Does anyone make a scope mount that can safely be used to mount optics on these old airguns?
Posted By: kennymauser Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/08/19
I used to have a Sheridan and it had the barrel mount that was made for that rifle. It obviously wasn't doing it's job and the old guy extended the gripping surface with liquid steel!
That crude home repair worked with a Bushnell 3-9x Banner for many years. I may still have the mount---I took it off so I could sell it as it was ugly. I may still have it.
I will let you know if I do!

Ken
Posted By: Lou_M Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/09/19
M_Stevenson,
This is what I have used on my Sheridan with a Hawke Red Dot sight that fits 1" rings.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Intermount_Fits_Benjamin_Sheridan_Multi_Pump_Rifles/2015

Lou M
Posted By: ChrisF Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/09/19
I've been watching for the responses because I'm following in your footsteps. The three options that I've found that might fit the bill are the MAC1 mount, the Ballistic Enterprises Integramount, and the one made by Dennis Baker that appears to be a copy of the Integramount. I will ad the Veturi Intermount as a possibility. The issues I'm running into with a mount in addition to potentially causing a barrel separation are 1) Obstructing the loading port, 2) Blocking the area where your hand goes during pumping, and 3) Maintaining a low enough profile to allow a proper cheek weld when lined up behind the scope. Right now I'm thinking a MAC1 mounted forward with a pistol or Scout scope (extra long eye relief) mounted.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/09/19
I have one somewhere, but I might be wrong, there are two types.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/10/19
Originally Posted by ChrisF
I've been watching for the responses because I'm following in your footsteps. The three options that I've found that might fit the bill are the MAC1 mount, the Ballistic Enterprises Integramount, and the one made by Dennis Baker that appears to be a copy of the Integramount. I will ad the Veturi Intermount as a possibility. The issues I'm running into with a mount in addition to potentially causing a barrel separation are 1) Obstructing the loading port, 2) Blocking the area where your hand goes during pumping, and 3) Maintaining a low enough profile to allow a proper cheek weld when lined up behind the scope. Right now I'm thinking a MAC1 mounted forward with a pistol or Scout scope (extra long eye relief) mounted.

I just used a Williams peep sight on mine in the past, but I believe the scout or pistol scopes are probably the best option.
Posted By: Lou_M Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/10/19
I agree on all three points that Chris F brought up, above.
Not ideal (Venturi Intermount) but better than the iron sights for me.
Perhaps I will look into the Scout Scope idea down the road.
Lou M
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/11/19
Originally Posted by Lou_M
M_Stevenson,
This is what I have used on my Sheridan with a Hawke Red Dot sight that fits 1" rings.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Intermount_Fits_Benjamin_Sheridan_Multi_Pump_Rifles/2015

Lou M

Hey thanks Lou.
That looks like it would work for a scope or red dot. Does it interfere much with loading?
Posted By: RJM Re: Sheridan scope mount - 06/14/19
Have never used a standard eye relief scope on a Sheridan, always a barrel mount with a Bushnell Phantom scope or pistol scope. Just don't crank down on the mounting screws and have never had a barrel separation...

Dans just were not made to be scoped is the problem...
Posted By: hungryhollow Re: Sheridan scope mount - 07/03/19
The MAC1 mount works with a Scout scope. I have two set up like that. I do not get a good cheek weld on the stock thou.
© 24hourcampfire