Home
Posted By: kenacp Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/04/20
Think I would like to put a peep sight on my old Sheridan pump. Any one using one? Advise? Model #?
Thanks
Posted By: kenacp Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/04/20
Seems like the Williams 5DSH is the correct model. Let me know if anyone has one laying around that they would be willing to part with.
Just bought one from MAC1 and will drill/tap for same when I Steroid it in the next week or so. Pulling off the OEM rear sight before any separation occurs betwixt the barrel and pump cylinder. Remember that you'll need to pull the bolt to do the install. You'll either need to build up or purchase the tool to remove the bolt's cocking pin to allow the bolt removal....
Posted By: Timbo Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/05/20
I put a Williams peep on my Sheridan and didn't need to remove the bolt, but maybe I'm misunderstanding Montivagant's post.
The particular Williams PS I have mounts to the side of the bolt with 2-#6x48 screws, necessitating the need to drill/tap same.

1,000 words.....

https://youtu.be/N_wrdbvD9u8
Posted By: 44mc Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/05/20
i have put peep sights on my daisy bb gun & a cheep springer pellet gun by taking a crimp on wire terminal with a 1/8 hole in it and epoxy it too the back of the rear sight it makes a good peep sight with no mods. to the gun and can be removed if you need to
Posted By: Timbo Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/06/20
The Williams 5D-SH will just bolt into the factory holes on the Sheridan guns.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/06/20
I've got an older Blue Streak. Where are the "factory holes"?
On the left side holding the bolt stop?
Posted By: Timbo Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/06/20
Originally Posted by Brazos
I've got an older Blue Streak. Where are the "factory holes"?
On the left side holding the bolt stop?

I don't currently have an older Sheridan anymore, but here's the holes on a newer model I have without the sight installed. It's the two holes on the right side of the receiver. Those holes may not be there on the older models. I can't remember.

Attached picture sheridan.jpg
Posted By: Brazos Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/06/20
Thanks for the picture, Timbo.

No mine doesn't have those. Wish it did!
Posted By: kenacp Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/08/20
Thanks for the replies. My early 70s blue streak is not d & t. I can do that, no problem. Just looking to get some feedback if others like the improvement of the peep.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Peep sight for Sheridan - 06/08/20
The peep sight is a huge improvement over any standard open sight.
© 24hourcampfire