Home
After searching for a Colt SAA 45 for several years, I’ve finally found one. An old friend that runs a small gun shop called me and said “a lady walked into the store with this Colt in a shoebox and she wanted to sell it”. Her story was that her late husband bought it new in the 70’s and never fired it. During a move she threw out the original box and stuffed it in a shoebox.
She told my friend she wanted to sell the gun to someone that would enjoy it as much as her husband did. Even though he never shot it. After a few phone conversations we settled on a price. Now I have to decide on a good holster to purchase.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15199329#Post15199329
Is the serial number xxxxxSA or SxxxxxA ?

If it ends in SA; its a second generation, and likely be worth much more unfired.
xxxxxSA. I haven’t fired it yet but plan to this week.
The photos of xxxxxSA will take your breath away. xxxxxSA absolutely needs to be carried in good leather and allowed to speak.
Nice. I just bought a like-new, 5.5," 3rd Gen in .45 Colt at the start of the year.

Here's your pictures:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Nice gun! Looking awesome! Holster questions should be answered by El Paso Saddlery Company. I would go for a 1930 Austin.
If you remove the grips you may find the serial number of the gun scratched inside the panels. And if a second generation gun the cylinder bushing is removable and there must also be a kind of a serial number or a part of it stamped into the loading gate.
Posted By: EdM Re: Colt SAA 3rd Gen 45LC Search - 11/30/20
I have been looking for year for a 2nd Gen or proper 3rd Gen and decided on a Standard Manufacturing SA in 45 Colt. I wasn't chasing future collectability, just quality and wish I still had my USFA Flattop Target 44 Special/Russian that I gave $1250 for with fancy, checkered English Walnut grips.

My Standard Manufacturing Firearms is impeccable in every way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is very nice to say the least. They make damn good ones.
Originally Posted by EdM
I have been looking for year for a 2nd Gen or proper 3rd Gen and decided on a Standard Manufacturing SA in 45 Colt. I wasn't chasing future collectability, just quality and wish I still had my USFA Flattop Target 44 Special/Russian that I gave $1250 for with fancy, checkered English Walnut grips.

Which is better Ed?
Nice all around, gentlemen.
Originally Posted by EdM

The timed screws are a nice touch. Without looking any further, I know I can expect to find a quality firearm.
Originally Posted by EdM

That is a looker ! looks like nice fitting between the grip frame and frame. Great case colors too.
© 24hourcampfire