Home
Posted By: Daverageguy Which one? - 08/11/22
Pietta Uberti or Taylor's? I'd like a Ruger convertible 45 colt/acp but those no longer exist (really if you know why Ruger won't make them let me know.) I've had a Taylor and it gave no problems but Pietta does make a Convertible....brass grip frame and plastic grips so that's an ugly. If I have to stick with only 45 colt I'd look at the Taylor or Uberti. By the way if anyone knows anyone at Ruger feel free to say mean things about them publicly.
Posted By: Boogan1 Re: Which one? - 08/11/22
Ruger has just restarted production of their single action stuff and it is tricking out. Be patient and watch the big suppliers like davidsons and that 45 convertible will show up.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Which one? - 08/12/22
Thanks I know first world problem and all but it's August and none to be seen this year. I'll wait but not patiently. If Colt would stumble into a $585 SAA they would rebound highly but it's Colt so no common sense at all.
Posted By: Boogan1 Re: Which one? - 08/12/22
Colt tried that back in the late 90's with the "Cowboy" model SAA. It didn't sell very well so was discontinued. Why do you have to stick with the .45? Are you shooting classic cowboy? If not there is no reason to shoot .45 in Cowboy Action competition, most I know shoot .38's myself included.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Which one? - 08/12/22
OP, I have both the Pietta and Taylors/Uberti. The Pietta came with the .45 acp added cylinder and actually works rather well. The Taylor's has the trigger/action work they offer and is SMOOTH!
They are both .45 Colt and damn good shooters. Either one, you'll be fine.
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Which one? - 08/12/22
Allright no cas just wanted a cowboy gun.
Posted By: jerrywoodswalker Re: Which one? - 09/03/22
Originally Posted by Boogan1
Ruger has just restarted production of their single action stuff and it is tricking out. Be patient and watch the big suppliers like davidsons and that 45 convertible will show up.

I hope you're right, I've looked all over the internet for a New Vaquero in 45 Colt/acp, but haven't seen any.

Jerry
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Which one? - 09/07/22
There's a New Model Blackhawk 7 1/2" convertible in as-new condition on Proxibid.

If you have any interest, you have 17 days before the auction occurs.
Posted By: oldtimr1 Re: Which one? - 09/07/22
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
Pietta Uberti or Taylor's? I'd like a Ruger convertible 45 colt/acp but those no longer exist (really if you know why Ruger won't make them let me know.) I've had a Taylor and it gave no problems but Pietta does make a Convertible....brass grip frame and plastic grips so that's an ugly. If I have to stick with only 45 colt I'd look at the Taylor or Uberti. By the way if anyone knows anyone at Ruger feel free to say mean things about them publicly.

Get some moon clips and you can shoot .45 acp in any .45 colt revolver.
Posted By: bcraig Re: Which one? - 09/08/22
Originally Posted by oldtimr1

Get some moon clips and you can shoot .45 acp in any .45 cold revolver.

No
Posted By: rifletom Re: Which one? - 09/09/22
Originally Posted by oldtimr1

Get some moon clips and you can shoot .45 acp in any .45 colt revolver.

As I said in another post of yours: Bull. You can look for the reasons yourself. Ain't difficult.
Posted By: yar Re: Which one? - 09/09/22
Rugers are great. The Italian clones are very nice also.
© 24hourcampfire