Home
Been wanting a cowboy gun for years, never has been a need thing so always put on the backburner. Picked up a lnib New Vaquero for 400 bucks yesterday, felt that was a great deal and I wouldn't lose any money on it if I decided to send it down the road later. Anyway, all they had was the Federal American Eagle 225 loads for it (AE45LC). I went ahead and picked up a box in hopes to shoot it this weekend. Will these be ok in the new model vaqueros or do you think that will be too hot? I can always return them. I plan on getting everything to reload for it once I pile up some brass for it. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Muzzle Energy: 369 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity: 860 fps
Those are standard pressure loads - they will be fine, the gun will be as well.
awesome. thanks!
Your gun will handle much higher pressure than any factory load; ENJOY IT.

If your dealer accepts returned ammo, you are unusually lucky or you live in a much different world than I do.

The Vaquero is strong. Any commercial ammo is fine.

Have fun with your bargain. Most Vaqueros go for higher dollars than you paid, so enjoy!
$400 is a pretty good deal. I have three Ruger Vaqueros chambered in 38 SPL / .357 mag, 45 ACP / 45 Colt, and a 44 Mag. They are great shooters.
Thanks again guys

It shot them just fine, just a nice little roll of recoil. Definitely going to see some range time with this one. It did crack one of the factory grips just above emblem. i just think it was a fitment issue, when i went to take the grips off...the side that cracked was extremely tight to the frame.
© 24hourcampfire