Home
Who remembers these? They used to play the Log Driver's Waltz as part of those cheesy vignettes videos from the National Film Board. They filled out time for many TV stations in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

The Big Snit

And some Hockey Night In Canada intros from the 1970s until the 2000s. The theme was written by a lady in the 1960s.

Always brought to you by a lot of companies, but primarily Molson, "Keeping you inebriated since 1786!"

You are showing your youth, HNIC was sponsored by Esso here in BC, and in the early days only the last two period of either Toronto or Montreal. Bugs Bunny came ahead of it. Dad and use to watch together, both shows. Molson owned the Canadians. When Vancouver applied, for a hockey franchise, Montreal objected. Molson went from #1 brand to #4 in sales. I to this day avoid Molsons.
Actually, HNIC was sponsored by a number of companies over the years. Including Imperial Oil. Ford. Molson. Timmys. And others. smile

They've been on TV and radio for a long time.

This film was made in 1967 for the Ontario pavilion at Expo 67. The film used multiple image panes. A new idea back then. It's dated now. The idea was to show what industry, arts, sports, leisure things, etc. were happening in Ontario in 1967.

Some of you might remember when this, and other films played when the television signed off for the night.

They are good Steve.
Fun memories.

Steve, which one had the kerosene lamp as an idea light bulb?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Steve, which one had the kerosene lamp as an idea light bulb?

I don't know.
I was afraid of that Steve. laugh It was as cute as a bug's ear.
I suppose a person could scour Youtube to see if they could find it.
© 24hourcampfire