Home
Last October, I ordered a 6.5 Grendel collet die from Higginson. I just got an email saying that they have received it. Six and a half months to fill. smile

Has anyone here ordered something a while back and are still waiting?
From Brownells, a GO gauge . It took 5 weeks for an in stock item to work it's way through the post office. it had to be checked going out as well as coming in. But at least I wasn't hit with brokerage fees.
From Brownells, a GO gauge . It took 5 weeks for an in stock item to work it's way through the post office. it had to be checked going out as well as coming in. But at least I wasn't hit with brokerage fees.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Special Order Dies - 04/29/21
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2

That's crazy. That's COVID. smile

I sort of understand why it would take longer to process orders. The cleaning and COVID protocols are being performed, but it sure can get frustrating!

I have always ordered lots of stuff from amazon. The prices are right, but the big thing is it saves me from having to shop. (I hate shopping!) I have been ordering from the for 15 years. Over the last 12 months, I have received plastic ammunition boxes via courier - $6 worth of plastic. But a new scale bounced around from Canada Post in BC to here. I don't know how they determine what ships and how. But it arrived safely! That's the main thing.

We live in interesting times.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Special Order Dies - 04/30/21
The die got shipped from Hawkesbury (near Ottawa). It should be here no later than Tues, I would think.

With the mail moving slower though,...😆
Stuff I have ordered from Tradex who uses the Post Office and Lee Valley who use UPS there is a week difference. The PO being one week compared to two.of UPS.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Special Order Dies - 05/05/21
Wow. Well they have shipped it. According to the post office, it will be here tomorrow. Really though, it only has to travel 250-300 miles.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Special Order Dies - 05/05/21
It arrived and it's nice to see that they ship all the single dies in rectangular boxes now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire