Home
Posted By: wabigoon Census Canada? - 05/06/21
I'm told, we have a census form on our do

So just how am I suppose to fill that out? laugh

To be serious, what do the census accomplish?
Posted By: downwindtracker2 Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
They are a tool government use to allocate resources , like schools, and hospitals.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
Thanks Tracker!
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
You receive an access code number in the mail and then go online to fill out the census. We had the short version, I believe there is a longer version available to some.

Nick
Nick we own the place in Wabigoon, we pay property taxes, and sales tax when there.

I don't think I should really fill out the census form.

What do you think?
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
Not everyone gets a notice to fill out the census form. If you receive mail at your Ontario residence the letter with the access code would be there if you were selected for participation. Seeing as the border is closed this may be an acceptable reason for not being able to complete the census this year. You could always contact Statistics Canada and find out what the proper course of action would be.

Nick
Thanks Nick!
Posted By: HughW Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
This year there is quite a bit of variance in forms that different people get. Some folks have got very detailed census forms -- education, number of rooms in your house etc. Multiple pages of questions and taking awhile to fill out.

Others have received very short form requests. Ours was short form -- number of people in house, what gender were you born, what gender do you identify as now, language spoken at home, marital status, French speaking / schooling --- total of about 10 questions focusing on gender and language. I think my wife spent all of 2 minutes on ours.
Thanks all, I asked our friend to send the code.
Posted By: yukon254 Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
The feds use the census numbers to calculate the transfer payments they will send to the provinces and territories. Then they know how much its going to cost Alberta to finance the rest of the country.
Posted By: saddlegun Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by HughW
This year there is quite a bit of variance in forms that different people get. Some folks have got very detailed census forms -- education, number of rooms in your house etc. Multiple pages of questions and taking awhile to fill out.

Others have received very short form requests. Ours was short form -- number of people in house, what gender were you born, what gender do you identify as now, language spoken at home, marital status, French speaking / schooling --- total of about 10 questions focusing on gender and language. I think my wife spent all of 2 minutes on ours.

1) number of people in house - variable.
2) gender of birth - male, according to my penis.
3) gender identified as - Trilaxian facilitator 3rd gender.
4) language spoken at home - Esperanto and Trilaxian.
5) marital status - low.
6) French speaking - unintelligible.
7) French Speaking Education - Montreal hookers.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Census Canada? - 05/06/21
I got a letter in the mail asking me if wanted a job as a census taker. It didn’t state the rate of pay—but I’m not nosey enough to do it anyway. I doubt the Province of Toronto cares anyway.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Census Canada? - 05/08/21
Once I got the code, under a minute to complete it.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Census Canada? - 05/08/21
Several questions on gender issues. What a waste of time and effort.
Posted By: yukon254 Re: Census Canada? - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Several questions on gender issues. What a waste of time and effort.

Yes. Science doesn't matter anymore.
© 24hourcampfire