Home
Looks like Horgan is pushing ahead with vaccine passport requirements starting September 13 if you want to dine out or attend public gatherings. Didn't think it would come to this, but he never ceases to surprise.
Saw that, and admit I was surprised too. Not sure why, nothing should surprise us now.
I noted that it was awfully convenient that unvaxxed individuals won't be allowed into indoor public gatherings after September 13th.

Awfully difficult to vote if you can't go into a building, and your voter card is burnt up in a forest fire....
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 08/24/21
The Federal NDP is the same party as the Provincial NDP...another reason not to vote for these Communists......
The "shot" doesn't stop the spread of the Wuhan, wtf are they talking about?

Is there a more sinister news group than Global? They seem to know the narrative days in advance, almost like Horgan is the editor....... They are herding people into the pen, at the same time putting the final nail in the coffin of many businesses. They claim they are doing it for the sake of the business community LOL.
I wont be forgetting where I spend my hard earned money, all these "woke" businesses can shove it up their azz....
Wont be able to go into a liquor store??.....bootleggers take notice...FU Bonnie Henry...pos.
I have not heard how non BC Canadian citizens will access restaurants, etc.? We can pretty much guarantee that there will be some significant bumps in this piece of road! As I understand it you need the passport on your phone or you will have to phone someone to get a paper copy produced for you (and I assume mailed to you). I'm not saying we don't have a problem with numbers rising, just not sure this has been thought through very well.
I seldom go into restaurants or attend public gatherings. Anyplace which requires proof of vaccination, I will be avoiding. Whether or not I am vaccinated is my business and nobody else's unless I wish to volunteer the information. GD
"And he causeth all both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads, and that no man may buy or sell, save he that had the mark" etc.......

See any similarities from what Satan has in store for us, and what this and other current Governments are doing??

I'm not against the "shot", I am going for natural immunity, if they would simply quit lying I would be more confident in their approach.
Originally Posted by 673
"And he causeth all both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads, and that no man may buy or sell, save he that had the mark" etc.......

See any similarities from what Satan has in store for us, and what this and other current Governments are doing??

I'm not against the "shot", I am going for natural immunity, if they would simply quit lying I would be more confident in their approach.

Agreed. Something smells about this whole deal...they are trying to hard to force the vaccine down our throats. Whatever happened to "my body my choice" ?? I dont trust them because as you said they just keep lying. There is absolutley no question now that ivermectin, HQ and a few other repurposed drugs work much better than the vaccine, but they still wont allow them to be used. This even though the science overwhelmingly shows they work. People are dying because of it...
Posted By: PSE Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 08/25/21
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030208101/mississippi-livestock-drug-ivermectin-covid-misinformation

Since some people are so concerned about vaccine approvals shouldn't they also be concerned about drugs that some people want to use to treat Covid.

Ivermectin is not FDA approved for humans - It is used for treating livestock.

Edit: Might as well put this here too. Also not approved.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...lpful-in-preventing-covid-19-study-finds

Obviously the Science doesn't show that they work and can cause serious side effects.
And like many studies around the world, results are unproven. They will continue to study, but for now, it's not an option. Here's a study from Alberta Health Services that said:

KEY FINDINGS

• The studies evaluating ivermectin treatment are not high enough quality to properly decide if ivermectin is useful or not. Most studies did not clearly describe the effect of the other medications given to patients or what other factors might influence their findings (“confounding”), did not have an adequate comparator group to assess if there was a difference in patients given ivermectin, or were too small to be sure that any effect of ivermectin seen was real.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to prevent infection with COVID-19, four low quality studies showed that ivermectin may reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection; however, there were several confounding factors, and we don’t know what else the study participants were doing that might have influenced their risk of infection. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to prevent infection.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to treat people with COVID-19, seven studies that had a control group (ie. a group of participants that did not receive ivermectin) reported the effect of ivermectin on death from COVID-19. Four showed that deaths from COVID-19 went down, while three showed that deaths from COVID-19 were not affected. All seven studies were small and were of low or very low quality, so we can’t be sure that their findings were real. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to treat COVID-19.

• The available data on ivermectin purchasing in Alberta doesn’t clearly show us if it is being used for purposes other than parasitic infections (ie. for COVID-19).

RECOMMENDATIONS

• At this time, ivermectin should not be prescribed or taken to treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial, as we need to establish whether it is truly useful.

• Scientists in Alberta should support clinical trials of ivermectin to help clarify whether ivermectin is effective against COVID-19 or not.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...reatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
And like many studies around the world, results are unproven. They will continue to study, but for now, it's not an option. Here's a study from Alberta Health Services that said:

KEY FINDINGS

• The studies evaluating ivermectin treatment are not high enough quality to properly decide if ivermectin is useful or not. Most studies did not clearly describe the effect of the other medications given to patients or what other factors might influence their findings (“confounding”), did not have an adequate comparator group to assess if there was a difference in patients given ivermectin, or were too small to be sure that any effect of ivermectin seen was real.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to prevent infection with COVID-19, four low quality studies showed that ivermectin may reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection; however, there were several confounding factors, and we don’t know what else the study participants were doing that might have influenced their risk of infection. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to prevent infection.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to treat people with COVID-19, seven studies that had a control group (ie. a group of participants that did not receive ivermectin) reported the effect of ivermectin on death from COVID-19. Four showed that deaths from COVID-19 went down, while three showed that deaths from COVID-19 were not affected. All seven studies were small and were of low or very low quality, so we can’t be sure that their findings were real. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to treat COVID-19.

• The available data on ivermectin purchasing in Alberta doesn’t clearly show us if it is being used for purposes other than parasitic infections (ie. for COVID-19).

RECOMMENDATIONS

• At this time, ivermectin should not be prescribed or taken to treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial, as we need to establish whether it is truly useful.

• Scientists in Alberta should support clinical trials of ivermectin to help clarify whether ivermectin is effective against COVID-19 or not.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...reatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf

Steve , I have been ivermectin'd roughly twice a year for a long time. We use it topically on our chickens,
and cows( pour on) orally in the horses ( by mouth)
I seldom. Where gloves and always get this on my hands and enters the body through the skin, systemically. It is tough on gut flora. We take plenty of supplements to enhance these losses.
Either way, I am covid free- double vaxed too.
I also enjoy Forty Creek Rye whiskey, pretty sure it is anti covid in some way. Maybe the Yank's sour mash has the same effect.
I think this presumption might go viral in a good way, perhaps create a little more more joy for all of the covid weary folks out there. Cheers
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 08/26/21
The big reason why Bonnie Henry gave the nod to the passport is because of the push from entities like, the "Surrey board of trade" and other big business to implement the passport. Its a Coastal thing, that is where the support for the NDP is, not the interior. Nobody gives a shyte about the "Surrey board of trade"

First it was the pandemic, then when we started opening things up, we had massive fires, many businesses were shut down again, and now......they are being handcuffed once more.....does anyone wonder why they are frustrated?? The interior is in an altogether different boat than the Coastal region.

People are defying her mask orders and frankly had enough of her crap. She lost me in the beginning of the pandemic when she came out crying and breaking down on National TV. I usually have a strong stomach but she really had me concerned and thought I was going to die for sure. Then I realized she was just unhinged.

The last time the NDP were in power in this Province, 10% of its Citizens were out of work. They are no friend to the working men and women of this or any Province.
673;
Top of the morning my friend, I hope the nights are cooler for you all up there too and the situation has leveled off at least somewhat.

We're still very dry here, but they say the Thomas Creek fire is contained and Nk'Mip is not growing so that's good news.

With the understanding that I'm now a couple years out of the HR loop, but at one time was actually an HR/Safety Mgr so am not entirely unversed in the subject, I'll throw this out.

When the Privacy Act came in there were a whole list of questions that employers could no longer ask either potential or current employees. Included were religious beliefs, sexual orientation or medical conditions.

We could ask if they had any conditions preventing them from doing the prescribed task, but they were under no obligation to answer anything beyond yes or no.

What does that mean and why do I bring this up you could ask?

Well..... you might have to have a vax pass to get into the movies, but Billy behind the counter might not have one to work there. Or your bar tender, or your server at a restaurant because the employer would be violating the Privacy Act asking.

How then do the folks employed at Health Care and Federal government have to answer and comply without violating the Privacy Act?

Well.... that's a really good question, because it does and their employers are violating the Act.

Frankly I don't know if it's part of their respective union's collective agreement that they've waived that right or exactly what the situation is.

As well, case law in Canada usually stems from someone challenging an action in court, a decision being made by the courts and then the laws either amended or changed.

This is frankly pretty untested, as were many of the beer flu restrictions levied by various provincial governments which were in direct violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

There was and continues to be, a lot of strange things afoot 673, too many to keep track of some days, you know?

Lastly, if not for ourselves, we must remain vigilant and keep our governments culpable for their actions for our children and grandchildren. It's our responsibility I believe.

All the best to you sir and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
Someone can be a most heinous child molester, sex offender...and walk into any establishment, unfettered, so long as you have the passport LOL.
…or run the country.
The passport will compel more people to get vaccinated.
I may be vaccinated but I will never have a passport; nor will I attend any event or go to any establishment which requires one. GD
The passport will compel more people to get vaccinated.

No it wont.
Haha! You can stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue. Victoria has spoken.
Haha! You can stomp your feet and hold your breathe until you turn blue. Victoria has spoken.

I will do neither. What you say isn't what I am hearing, quite the opposite really and until more data is available and given consideration, their plan is a failure from the start, but you go ahead.
Of course you will do as you are told. You can stomp your feet and hold your breath. Victoria has spoken.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 08/27/21
Vaccine passport is only a problem until a bigger problem arises, lets see what tomorrow brings.
Posted By: PSE Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 08/27/21
Originally Posted by greydog
I may be vaccinated but I will never have a passport; nor will I attend any event or go to any establishment which requires one. GD

Then get used to staying at home - all day, every day.

Never say never.
I won't have to stay home; I just won't get to hang out with vaccinated people. I can still hunt, fish, shoot, ride motorcycles, and can in fact, do most anything I want to do. There is no reason to totally cave in to this crap. GD

Hmmm - There was a time when you said you would never get the vaccine and now here you are instead worried about getting a passport????
And the mandated passports will work till they get torn,tattered, miss placed or forged and people get tired of standing in lineups waiting for the person ahead of them try to remember where it was.

Then the powers that be will come out with a brilliant idea- why not just get this little micro-chip in your wrist and you won't even have to slow down walking into any building or airport, and honestly we'll only have your vax info on it.
How many more vacines do we need, now they're talking a 3rd one, maybe 4,5, where does it end? Once you become dependent on vacines your natural defences shutdown. Is that what this means?
Your natural defences shut down years ago - You wouldn't last a month in many parts of Africa or Asia without vaccinations and neither would I.

The price we pay for living in a 1st world country.
Strange l worked in Africa, lets see if l can remember all the countries, Morroco, Libya, Congo, DRC (formerly Zaire but you wouldn't know that) Gabon, Senagal. spent about 15 years in Africa. Im still here, never got Malaria which by the way kills more than covid by millions. I even got faster service at hospitals compared to here where wait times are 6-7hrs and people sleep there all night waiting to see a doctor.
Canada has sadly turned into a communist tyranny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by North6120
Looks like Horgan is pushing ahead with vaccine passport requirements starting September 13 if you want to dine out or attend public gatherings. Didn't think it would come to this, but he never ceases to surprise.

The NAZI movement is strong in BC, Ontario and Quebec.
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
I noted that it was awfully convenient that unvaxxed individuals won't be allowed into indoor public gatherings after September 13th.

Awfully difficult to vote if you can't go into a building, and your voter card is burnt up in a forest fire....

Yep Super weird the Racist black face art teacher anti leader Trudeau pushed this election and the fake copied rules
Of course you will do as you are told. You can stomp your feet and hold your breath. Victoria has spoken.

and the useful idiots have spoken just like in 1917.
Will we be allowed to vote without a vacine, is that the next commie move?
I won't have to stay home; I just won't get to hang out with vaccinated people. I can still hunt, fish, shoot, ride motorcycles, and can in fact, do most anything I want to do. There is no reason to totally cave in to this crap. GD

Exactly.
Sounds like heaven to me, Covtards out of my face...they can shove their restaurants and shyte that dont want my business.
Hildebrandt was doomed. Struck by an unseen velvet fist. It was as it was, when it was. Or might have been, if what was had been. A conundrum, wrapped in a lemon scented, moist towelette.

I control your destiny! I own you. You are slaves that will do my bidding! Now get me an [i]Oh Henry, sirrah![/i]

The passport is created and pushed by Coastal business associations. None of them were affected by the wildfires we have in the interior.
Its all political, so in the interior we had.................a year of Covid lockdown and business shutdown, then we have had 2 full months of fires and more disruption with thousands of people out of their homes, they are still out of their homes, if they even have one........then we have another blow to business in this passport, unbelievable.

As I stated previously, the NDP can do it because the people here dont vote for them LOL, so they have very little skin in the game. I know some people who are going to quit their job over this. My business is going to defy the passport, I dont care.

Lists are being compiled of businesses that require a passport and those who don't, they will not be forgotten.
Passports are pure evil.
https://action4canada.com/wp-content/uploads/21.08.17-FILED-Notice-of-Civil-Claim-Action4Canada.pdf

Rocco Galati is a prize fighter in constitutional law.
Definitely. Glad to have him on board.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 08/30/21
Horgan the blithering fool thinks the RCMP will enforce the Passport LOL, like they have the resources, time, and the actual give a shyte to do so, the Mounties are telling him to pound sand LOL...how are you Commie NDP voters doing now LOL.
I enjoy gunshows.A plalce where they will be required.
Originally Posted by PSE

Hmmm - There was a time when you said you would never get the vaccine and now here you are instead worried about getting a passport????

You might note that I said I MAY; not that I will or am. Given my lifestyle, it is highly unlikely I will even be exposed. GD
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/02/21
After watching the unfolding shyte storm, I decided I like the idea of a passport. grin
Protestor's everywhere, protesting the Vaccine and passports at the same time. I won't have any problem with not going where I wont be welcome without a passport, I hope they threaten me with more tyranny and infringements LOL.

At least I won't have to breath the same air as a Covtard...literally. LOL
After a three week trip with the 10 year old travel trailer and getting ready for a northern hunt, I have long list of repairs and getting ready, so a bunch of running around . Every time I have to go back to the truck to get the mask I forgot , I soundly curse the diniers and anti-vaxxers that have made masks mandatory again.
If you're vaccinated why do you care whether someone else is or not? For those who aren't isn't it their problem at this point?
The government is trying to save the hospital's ICUs from overload . There are many say those who are unvacinated shouldn't be admitted.. Maybe a visit to their local witch doctor ? chuckle.
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
After a three week trip with the 10 year old travel trailer and getting ready for a northern hunt, I have long list of repairs and getting ready, so a bunch of running around . Every time I have to go back to the truck to get the mask I forgot , I soundly curse the diniers and anti-vaxxers that have made masks mandatory again.

Isn’t it the government that mandates mask ?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Is this an avowed communist.
If you can't understand the public heath officer's reasoning , the understanding of reasoning period is likely difficult as well for some.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/03/21

You are blaming the non Vaccinated people for you forgetting your mask,,, You having to wear a mask, what?
Who will you blame when you soil yourself in the care home? Those who don't soil themselves?

Do you think if everyone was Vaccinated, we would be back to "normal".....If you have received all your shots and in que for the next batch of shots, you are protected, right? Why would you even be concerned?
Old age is to blame for the the forgetfulness, but the reintroduction of mandatory mask requirement is a result of the pandemic of the unvaccinated.
Old age is to blame for the the forgetfulness, but the reintroduction of mandatory mask requirement is a result of the pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Trust is hard to get, never break a trust.
In the beginning, we were told masks don't work......The people who were saying this are the same ones mandating the masks. Did they not have the knowledge on the effectiveness of masks? because if that is where we are at then there is some massive holes in their knowledge in the fundamentals.
OK, so now they work.

I really don't have a problem with the passports, it wont affect me in any way. It will harm business, if a business chooses to implement a passport policy, its their choice if they decide to go beyond the Government mandate. If its temporary like they are having us believe, then the ones without a passport wont be revisiting a business that previously banned them from their establishments.
My guess is it isn't temporary, are you getting it now?
I still don’t think the masks work all that well .

They either fog up your glasses, or they are not filtering small enough particles, or they are suffocating . Or they are lost in the wash.

What a nuisance !

Easier to get 2 pokes of mRNA, and get on with life.

Except for those that have themselves convinced that they have natural immunity, or the vaccines are evil,
Or some other bit of mental manipulation.

Carry On
Originally Posted by 338Rules

They either fog up your glasses, or they are not filtering small enough particles, or they are suffocating . Or they are lost in the wash.

What a nuisance !

Except for those that have themselves convinced that they have natural immunity, or the vaccines are evil,

Carry On

You are the one that received 2 pokes, you are the one who should carry on, so why don't you just do that? Not sure the motive for those Vaccinated to be overly concerned with those who are not, I just don't get it.
I don't think the Shot is evil, I think our Governments are.
Originally Posted by North6120

Obviously A [bleep] loving communist pile of chit... Make me sick all that comply... FO
Originally Posted by 673

What a nuisance !

Carry On

You are the one that received 2 pokes, you are the one who should carry on, so why don't you just do that? Not sure the motive for those Vaccinated to be overly concerned with those who are not, I just don't get it.

Yup, 2 , same side effects , as did my wife and oldest son. But my youngest isn’t eligible for another year.

I’m concerned that some brain addled natural immunity ant-vaxxer will bring it into his school cohort.
And from there it will explode, exponentially.

Got it ?

Or should I repeat it real slow just for you.
Originally Posted by 673

What a nuisance !

Carry On

Yup, 2 , same side effects , as did my wife and oldest son. But my youngest isn’t eligible for another year.

I’m concerned that some brain addled natural immunity ant-vaxxer will bring it into his school cohort.
And from there it will explode, exponentially.

Got it ?

Or should I repeat it real slow just for you.

No, I dont "got it". If your kids school has Wuhan circulating he will have a 99.99999999% chance he will be ok with little more than a sniffle, you know that from the data.
Your kid has just as much chance of getting it from you than someone else, thats in the data too.

The most logical reason to get the shot is.........because of our maxed out healthcare system, which was maxed out before the Wuhan.
Everyone is going to get the Wuhan, but you are sounding like if you get the shot your not spreading or contracting the Wuhan, where are you getting that from?
I also have elderly ( vaccinated ) relatives and friends for whom an un-mitigated infection has a significantly higher risk of negative outcome : witness our maxed out healthcare system.

People are actually resorting to Quacks with veterinary “cures”.

I get the impression that you want the virus to win.
I had to drop into the hospital for a minor procedure a while back. Naturally, I expected to see barely contained chaos as the over worked staff struggled to deal with the flood of virus stricken people. Instead, I walked into a calm, quiet, environment; not unlike a public library. The only thing maxxing out our health care system is that they are choking on their own bureaucracy. Administrators are penny wise and dollar stupid.
Meanwhile, there was an outbreak in a local long term care facility. Apparently, the virus was brought in by a fully vaxxed staff member. Go figure.
The vaccinated people can still get the virus, still carry the virus, and still infect others. Even those who are willing mask wearers catch, carry, and spread the virus. On the bright side, the only way you will achieve real immunity is to catch it and survive. Vaxxed or not, the odds of surviving are dramatically in your favour. If you are an old, fat, diabetic, your future may not be so bright. GD
greydog;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the air's clearing up in your part of the province and all else is going more than less according to plan.

It's interesting to read of your experience in the hospital, that's good to know some places in the province aren't overrun.

We were really slammed with fentanyl OD's here at Penticton hospital before the beer flu and I can't imagine it's any better now, but haven't been to the hospital in about 2 years now as my Mom and Mother in Law both passed so we're not there as often.

When Mom fell and broke her hip for instance, she went in for scheduled surgery at 10:00AM but didn't get the surgery until 5:00PM because the doctors were too busy with ODs... that from a very frustrated nurse who gave me that information when I went in to check on Mom.

Anyways, as 673 well said, I thing the most logical reason to get the shot is to minimize the strain on our maxed out healthcare system.

That and in my opinion if one ever wants to get on a plane and sit on a beach by a tropical ocean, shots will likely be required.

All the best to you all sir and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
673, I let you in on a secret, in life you are always learning.
I really think mistrust of Government is bigger in peoples minds, rather than the shot itself, is a big part of why the shot isn't more well received. The media is also viewed with suspicion by many people here in this Province, not sure about other Provinces.

CBC radio today, and yesterday, they are really pounding this one.....hilarious....It was about the protests over the wuhan mandate and passport etc...and what do you think??

Imagine the odds of every caller agreeing that the protests were in bad taste and hurtful, even bringing tears. I was astounded that every single caller was against a peaceful protest, simply amazing....Fake.

Some guy even said they have blocked traffic and created quite the issue snarling traffic and inconveniencing people, take it to twitter..... That guy was Vancouver Mayor Kennedy Stewart, the same guy who only a short time ago allowed and glorified ghey protest, native protest, pipeline protest, every kind of protest in his own community, to the point of chaos...a complete hypocrite.

We are to be reassured by these media clowns? Or Trudeau with his woke cabinet? or the NDP here in BC with their full blown agenda driven shyte show??

Perhaps the various Governments should look at their own actions during the initial stages of this Pandemic and where we are today? Instead of figuring out ways to threaten and punish its Citizens.
Dwayne,
I have no doubt that OD's and the wasted resources associated with them, have a much greater impact on hospital function. I would suspect this is the case in Florida as well. GD
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/05/21
Dwayne,
I have no doubt that OD's and the wasted resources associated with them, have a much greater impact on hospital function. I would suspect this is the case in Florida as well. GD

That's funny, I don't hear much about the strain these guys put on our healthcare system. The paramedics, doctors, nurses who routinely treat these people is a massive drain on our resources.

They also don't mention the businesses that close because of the abuse they and their employees face daily, feces, puke, needles, theft, physical abuse of our citizens, and shamefully the abuse of the elderly who simply walk around town to conduct their business in the last part of their lives are abused in virtually every way.
Why doesn't the medical community rally about this issue? .........crickets.

The medical community has never said...lets imprison/deport anyone who has been convicted of Fentanyl, meth etc production and distribution, there is a full blown epidemic going on here. Yet, they rally for gun control without hesitation.
II find it interesting OD crisis and unvaccinated are being lumped together.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/05/21
II find it interesting OD crisis and unvaccinated are being lumped together.

There is a claim made, is one more important than the other?........Why does one issue get massive attention, the other gets nothing?
The video says it all.

Health officials project grim 4th wave if vaccinations don’t increase
CBC News

The Public Health Agency of Canada released new modelling that suggested a fourth wave could again overwhelm hospitals and put Canadians at risk. The hyper-contagious delta variant leaves provinces with limited options: either raise the vaccination rate or increase restrictions.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1942197827987

I wonder if this IDIOT ever heard of Gov over reach ,and give them an inch and they will take a mile .
Just another PAWN in a hourd of them.

norm
Originally Posted by 673

some years ago and often quoted is that kids will eat a pound of dirt , and going to school is a [[cold or other infection in the making]],,I was told years ago that this just inhances our imune system , the more we are exposed the better our system is [ no not all people fit into this], but with every thing that we touch being covered with anti bacterial and cleaning sprays ,i believe that our imune systems are being compromised by being TOO clean.
Give me a break i dont wash my hands 10 times a day ,i handle diesel ,oil grease and dirt every day ,i even use the same frying pan 2-6 times before wiping it down , no i am not a pig pen ,i am in my mid 70s and am not paranoid of the future

norm
I also have elderly ( vaccinated ) relatives and friends for whom an un-mitigated infection has a significantly higher risk of negative outcome : witness our maxed out healthcare system.

People are actually resorting to Quacks with veterinary “cures”.

I get the impression that you want the virus to win.

what are these "quack cures" chicken little? Another cowardly uneducated fool. How did your socialized medicine vaccine roll out go in Canada this year? lmao
Originally Posted by BC30cal
greydog;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the air's clearing up in your part of the province and all else is going more than less according to plan.

It's interesting to read of your experience in the hospital, that's good to know some places in the province aren't overrun.

We were really slammed with fentanyl OD's here at Penticton hospital before the beer flu and I can't imagine it's any better now, but haven't been to the hospital in about 2 years now as my Mom and Mother in Law both passed so we're not there as often.

When Mom fell and broke her hip for instance, she went in for scheduled surgery at 10:00AM but didn't get the surgery until 5:00PM because the doctors were too busy with ODs... that from a very frustrated nurse who gave me that information when I went in to check on Mom.

Anyways, as 673 well said, I thing the most logical reason to get the shot is to minimize the strain on our maxed out healthcare system.

That and in my opinion if one ever wants to get on a plane and sit on a beach by a tropical ocean, shots will likely be required.

All the best to you all sir and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

I was told by firemen in our city that the majority of their calls, as well as ambulance calls, are to overdoses. Day after day, shift after shift. Every overdose that requires treatment (narcan) has to go to the ER unless the patient refuses. Trip after trip to the ER, occupying ambulances, hospitals beds and taking the time of ER docs and nurses.
Earlier this week I had to take a family member to the ER and got to witness it first hand. The place was slammed. I was there for 9 hours with family member, he was there for 2 nights.
The majority of what I witnessed in the 9 hours I was there seemed to be mostly split into two groups. One group appeared drug related. The other group was obese people. There were a small number of elderly patients, injuries, cuffed inmate escorted by corrections and seemingly unstable people accompanied by RCMP.

There was at least one screaming junkie strapped to a bed beside us while I was there, and more unconscious. An obese person wheeled themselves past us in a wheelchair using their leg to push. The leg was grotesque(rotting) and the other leg missing up to the knee and recent bandaged. I’m assuming type 2 diabetic because a pharmacist I know that works at the hospital says it’s a revolving door of obese type 2’s coming and going getting lower limbs removed.
I know it’s just one mans 9 hour experience, but it was interesting.

I think our hospitals are already stretched with these two majority groups.
Posted By: PSE Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/07/21
I remember waiting in emergency with my jaw hanging open because it had been bashed by a jack handle at work. I was waiting and waiting in extreme pain to get seen by a doctor and person after person (escorted by police) were bypassing me
to see the doctor that had some kind of drug issue.

One of them was even cursing the doctor because he wanted a doctor he was familiar with from earlier drug episodes.
I remember getting very angry and threatening to trash the place unless I was seen.

I couldn't believe a working man injured in an accident couldn't get seen because the priority were the drug overdosed that had screwed themselves up. They could have a life threatening situation but you're just in pain so just wait for an opening, I was told. What BullShit!!
mod7rem;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that otherwise the Labour Day weekend was a good one for you.

While you didn't say which city you're in, I'm going to make a semi-educated guess it wouldn't matter much in any of the larger centers or the Okanagan as we're the spots where the OD issues seem most prevalent.

Again this was a couple years back, but I got to know an ER head nurse and a couple of the local RCMP officers through my work at the time.

The ER nurse was about my age I'd guess, so pushing 60 and no longer overflowing with patience for downright stupid and self destructive behavior. She was of the opinion that there needed to be some sort of limit set on the number of times they'd kick start the same OD addict as she knew some of them by name and told me some were in pretty much weekly.

Obviously they're not long for this world regardless, but just as obviously our medical care system can't deal with that much strain on it and effectively deal with seniors with health issues, much less give world class cancer care to those of us who've paid taxes here for decades.

The other example was a younger RCMP Constable who said he'd been in for less than a decade, but was considering getting into a different line of work because he was beginning to hate people - certain people anyways - and he acknowledged that just wasn't healthy for anyone.

One way or another we as a society and province here in BC are going to have to make some hard decisions in the not too distant future regarding what we'll be able to afford to tolerate and what we just will not be able to afford any longer.

That's my biggest complaint with both Crown Prince Shiny Pony, Hangover Bill and Krystia the journalism student, is that they're incapable of understanding everything has a cost attached and someone absolutely will be paying for it. There always is.

I'll add Mr. Singh to that as well as he's chosen to prop up the dog and pony show and seems to not understand basic math either.

Anyways, I'm hoping that perhaps enough of our fellow Canucks are beginning to awaken and understand that a few things besides the NHL stats might actually matter in their lives and for sure their kids' lives. Let us all hope so, eh? wink

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by BC30cal
mod7rem;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that otherwise the Labour Day weekend was a good one for you.

While you didn't say which city you're in, I'm going to make a semi-educated guess it wouldn't matter much in any of the larger centers or the Okanagan as we're the spots where the OD issues seem most prevalent.

Again this was a couple years back, but I got to know an ER head nurse and a couple of the local RCMP officers through my work at the time.

The ER nurse was about my age I'd guess, so pushing 60 and no longer overflowing with patience for downright stupid and self destructive behavior. She was of the opinion that there needed to be some sort of limit set on the number of times they'd kick start the same OD addict as she knew some of them by name and told me some were in pretty much weekly.

Obviously they're not long for this world regardless, but just as obviously our medical care system can't deal with that much strain on it and effectively deal with seniors with health issues, much less give world class cancer care to those of us who've paid taxes here for decades.

The other example was a younger RCMP Constable who said he'd been in for less than a decade, but was considering getting into a different line of work because he was beginning to hate people - certain people anyways - and he acknowledged that just wasn't healthy for anyone.

One way or another we as a society and province here in BC are going to have to make some hard decisions in the not too distant future regarding what we'll be able to afford to tolerate and what we just will not be able to afford any longer.

That's my biggest complaint with both Crown Prince Shiny Pony, Hangover Bill and Krystia the journalism student, is that they're incapable of understanding everything has a cost attached and someone absolutely will be paying for it. There always is.

I'll add Mr. Singh to that as well as he's chosen to prop up the dog and pony show and seems to not understand basic math either.

Anyways, I'm hoping that perhaps enough of our fellow Canucks are beginning to awaken and understand that a few things besides the NHL stats might actually matter in their lives and for sure their kids' lives. Let us all hope so, eh? wink

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

My weekends going good Dwayne, thanks. I hope yours is as well. I live in Prince George.
Unfortunately we have a couple of epidemics going on in Canada. Drug use, and everything associated with obesity and inactivity. When a person stops and looks around at people going about daily lives, it’s shocking how many people are obese in all age groups. It’s so common now that people obviously 30-50 lbs overweight, are not even considered abnormal anymore. I think the growing strain of metabolic disease in our health care system is going to become overwhelming in the near future if our society doesn’t make some big changes. Like I said earlier, I think the system is already stressed and now a lot of experts feel Covid will be a new endemic problem for us to add to the strain.

Sorry, I know it’s not a positive thought.
All the best to you.
mod7rem;
Good morning to you sir, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

It's interesting for me to read that the OD situation is bad up in PG as well. That's a wee bit troubling news to be honest, but not entirely surprising.

I've only been through that part of the world a couple times, once to and from a goat hunt up in Telegraph Creek and once up to Prince Rupert, then to what was then the Queen Charlotte's, after which we did the Queen of the North down to Port Hardy. That Queen of the North by the way was then one that sank years later in '06.

You are not wrong either, in my opinion and observation, about the higher number of our fellow Canucks that are 30lb-50lbs overweight. Down here I'm seeing a bunch of younger folks who I'm pretty sure I could walk into the ground even at my age, much less take them up into the mountains where we hunt.

Indeed sir although it's not a positive thought, we need to be honest with ourselves first if we're going to find solutions to some of these issues.

Thanks again and all the best once again on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne
When we look at the health crisis, we only see what's up front. We fail to see the hidden costs. In the '60s Jack Wsserman, the Vancouver Sun columnist wrote on the other costs of drug addition , increased insurance costs and increased prices at the retail to cover the loses from drug addicts feeding their habit. .
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/08/21
The relationship between the high volume of Wuhan patients and drug addicts, can be both be viewed as a drain on resources. It seems contrived when the media and medical community take shots at Wuhan patients, yet drug addicts get a pass, it further undermines the confidence citizens have in Government and authority.

Questions around who will enforce the passport, and why the passport in the first place are making for total confusion.
When the Surrey board of trade, and other trade organizations rallied for the passport they didn't look past their nose.

When people are contracting Wuhan from businesses that require a passport, their plan will unravel, wait for the media shyte show to begin.

I am unaware of any business that can make a go of it with access to 70% of the population, if that. They may be able to keep their head above water, but that isn't what business owners expect, they expect a profit. Perhaps if your near retirement and/or a niche type business treading water is all that is required.

It is entertaining watching the shyte show, is there anyone who thinks this is temporary? Has anyone looked past their nose to see that some businesses will be boycotted after the passport idea is done away with?
It proves a point.....smart people can do stupid things too, this is one of them.
It is easier to blame opiate addiction on the Oxi manufacturers for the initial addiction.
Then comes the unassisted struggle with withdrawal. And street level alternatives.

Where’s the fentanyl and CarFentanyl coming from ?
Illicit labs in China is the source most often cited

Better controls are needed
In BC it's closer to 80% fully vaccinated.

I curse the weak willed cowardly anti science covidiots like you

Gold stars to be worn by those with actual immunity
In BC it's closer to 80% fully vaccinated.

What is the percentage of African Canadians now in BC?

Almost zero so high vax rates but appears BC is white supremacy territory due to lack of diversity. Maybe Trudeau can don black face again and visit BC?
It is the free wheeling attitude of the vaccinated, mingling freely, confident in their perceived immunity, which has done so much to spread the virus further. The MSM is working overtime to come up with new lies and distortions of truth to deflect the blame to the minority who are not vaccinated.
One thing is true. If you are at risk of a poor outcome; if you are old, overweight, and/or diabetic, you will want to take whatever steps you can to avoid infection. If you do get sick, the medical service providers mostly plan to let you get real sick, then shove a tube down your throat. They have no other treatment in their toolbox. They refuse to even consider alternative therapies.
Currently, in BC, slightly over 1/10 of one percent of the population have covid. Most have other factors in play as well. In some cases, these people have health issues which make it inadvisable for them to get vaccinated as the side effects may be too severe. Meanwhile, those who are vaccinated continue to signal their virtue while endangering their fellow citizens. GD
I don't know about that. It seems that now the vaccinations are proving successful, some people now are looking to blame those who have the shots. The answer remains the same. If you have not been vaccinated, get the shots!

I pulled this from the BC news.

Unvaccinated fill ICUs
85% of BC patients in intensive care with virus are unvaccinated
Colin Dacre - Sep 9, 2021

Unvaccinated British Columbians, an increasingly small segment of the population, are taking up a vastly disproportionate share of critical care beds, straining a healthcare system already at the brink in the Thompson-Okanagan.

During a call with reporters Thursday, Health Minister Adrian Dix said of the 130 people across B.C. in intensive care with COVID-19, 111 of them are unvaccinated. Ten are partially vaccinated and nine are fully vaccinated.

“This number of people, unvaccinated, sick in our ICUs, they are receiving some of the best healthcare we have ever seen,” Dix said, adding doctors and nurses are doing extraordinary work to keep people alive.

“However, I want to be very clear. Everyone would rather be doing something else.”

While just 14.7% of the population is still unvaccinated, the demographic has created immense pressures on some hospitals, particularly Kelowna and Kamloops.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelow...tensive-care-with-virus-are-unvaccinated
And he will carefully avoid saying how many of those are unable to be vaccinated or why they were hospitalized in the first place. Dix has an agenda and will say or withhold whatever is necessary to push it forward. We'll never know how many of those in IC (2% of the active cases in BC) are in there for underlying conditions or how many would not have been there with some sort of anti-viral intervention short of intubation and a ventilator.
I know more people who have suffered serious side effects from the vaccine ( from seizures, to weakness, recurrence of other viral infections, to circulatory problems) than have suffered serious effects from covid.
Meanwhile, North America has still been unable to produce it's own variant. We have had to import them all; which we are, apparently, more than willing to do. GD
Calling BC white supremacy territory, man, you are so far out to lunch you are no longer in the planetary system .
It's unfortunate that some people cannot be vaccinated due to medical conditions. The rest have the opportunity to protect themselves, and should.

I don't know when vaccinations became a sort of push back against the government or the medical community. People on this board and elsewhere make wild claims or quote unreliable/unproven sources. Neither you nor I are doctors, so our opinions on what caused COVID, how to get rid of it, treatments, etc. are those of completely unqualified individuals.

We train people to fix cars, be cabinetmakers, or operate CNC machinery. We also train people to become doctors and scientists. In all cases, when something isn't working, we go to the person qualified to put things right. COVID is no different.

It is unfortunate, but people who do not heed the advise suggested by doctors are putting themselves in harm's way. These people have no one but themselves to blame.

I am reminded of this poster from years ago. In the end, the mouse gets eaten.

[Linked Image from ]
A good one, Steve

Much like the Great war, the Spanish flue, the Great Depression or the Second World War, this pandemic has huge historical implications . So keeping up on it if you have a historical bent, it is a natural.
Wouldn't it be interesting to sit in a history class 50 years from now and listen to the teacher's or recorded history's interpretation of the COVID pandemic?
The reason some people are so resistant to the vaccines is probably that they are having trouble getting past the blatant lies and manipulation which have been the hallmark of governments and their bureaucratic representatives from the beginning. From the motorcycle accident victim recorded as a covid death because the corpse tested positive, to the manipulation of statistics and withholding of information which could have been beneficial to people trying to get on with their lives. No wonder people have trouble taking the word of the people pushing the vaccines. This, especially when it has been shown to be nowhere nearly as effective as we were told (remember the 90 to 95% pronouncement?). They lied, then lied about their lies. Plainly, many can look right past the lies or even deny they even happened.
As far as history is concerned, it will be skewed, as always, by the viewpoint of the teller. One viewpoint will have the majority of the population brainwashed by a global conspiracy while a smaller portion of stalwart resistors, seeing through the ruse, fought for autonomy. The other viewpoint will have the more intelligent majority, though under constant psychological attack by the less evolved rebels, supporting the heroic efforts of the medical bureaucrats and altruistic corporations to save mankind. Neither viewpoint will be distorted in any way by the truth; which both sides will carefully avoid. GD
I am asking everyone to read this. It was written by an Alberta doctor. It's lengthy. Some won't read it, but everyone should.

In ICUs, the unvaccinated are silent, but as a doctor, I hope they can still hear my words
'I don't see politics, I see someone who needs my help,' writes Edmonton doctor Raiyan Chowdhury

Dr. Raiyan Chowdhury for CBC

This First Person article is a letter to an unvaccinated patient on life support from Raiyan Chowdhury, an intensive care doctor at Edmonton's Royal Alexandra Hospital.
---

Can you hear that?

The rhythm filling the silence. The hiss representing your gasp for breath. The ventilator struggling to meet your inhale and exhale. It reminds me of the ocean. The crash of the tide hitting the beach and then slowly retreating.

It's almost peaceful if it weren't so mechanical. It's almost soothing if it didn't mean your life was so fragile. This ventilator and its cadence being the only thing that separates your life here and now from what lies beyond.

How did it come to this? Was it fear of the vaccine? Or narcissism? Or are you simply another victim of misinformation? We want to scream. We want to shout. If it would make a difference.

But we feel as silent as you.

For you, the tube connecting your lungs to the ventilator means that air can't pass over your vocal cords, resulting in utter silence. And after 16 months, it seems Albertans are tired of hearing from us.

Different sides of the war

You are a mystery to me. I don't mean your age, your occupation, or your past medical history. That's all clear on the chart. I want to know you. I want to know the soul behind those eyes that are so clouded. You lie here in front of me exposed, but you remain a mirage. Perhaps it's the anesthesia, but I feel it's a strange disconnect for a job that's intimate in every other way.

My colleague looked you directly in the eyes as she slipped the endotracheal tube into your exhausted, listless body. She said you were kind. Sitting here, I wonder, what are your hopes and dreams? Will they go unfulfilled?

My only glimpse of the real you are the photos that your family has brought in. They serve as reminders of happier times. They are a shrine to your legacy as a person and father. In them, I see someone boisterous, warm and happy. You look loved. You've clearly done something right with your life.

In another time and place, I feel that I would have wanted to be your friend. That you could perhaps teach me about what's important in life and family.

So why does it feel right now that we are so different? Now that we are on different sides of a war — one vaccinated and one not.

'Why was your dad not vaccinated?'

I spoke to your son by phone. He's far too young to lose his dad. I didn't know he lost his mom a few years ago. Without you, he'll have no one.

I shouldn't have asked, but I couldn't help it. "Why was your dad not vaccinated?"

Silence interrupted his tears for a second. He tells me that he begged you to get your shot, but you never did. He regrets not pushing you harder. The regret is so deep that I fear it may come to define his young adult life. It was your decision, but I wonder who is paying the price. It seems harshly unfair.

He cried the whole time I was on the phone with him. It was heartbreaking. I don't think I will forget it anytime soon.

I've always considered myself a strong individual. You don't do this type of work if you aren't. But I couldn't help my eyes from watering.

He wanted me to promise that you'll make it through this. I wanted to respond with a well-practised doctor line establishing the gravity of the situation while offering some hope.

But I couldn't do that to him.

"I promise."

If not for yourself, then why not for him?

What kind of society have we become when charlatans on social media have good people willing to risk everything based solely on their manipulative words?

Frustration and sympathy

Anger isn't the right word for what I feel. Maybe frustration is. The nurse in your room is named Isabelle. She's a fairly new grad. She's doing this job for all the right reasons — like most of the nurses and respiratory therapists here. Not for the pay, social media recognition or the lifestyle, but to make an impact.

I wonder to myself if she will still be doing this job a year from now. After 16 months, gestures of gratitude for frontline workers have been replaced by jeers from protesters greeting nurses on their way to work.

Albertans are done with COVID even if COVID isn't done with them.

There was a viral quote making the rounds on the internet from a doctor at his wit's end with the unvaccinated. He said that empathy wasn't an unlimited resource.

Maybe that's the case, but not here.

My friend Cara is your respiratory therapist today — the brunette who takes the time to hold your hand while deep suctioning your lungs, clearing secretions that are slowly drowning you. She's one of the most empathetic people I know.

After 16 months of this, she should be empty of sympathy. How much more can she give? But she isn't. I see her come in here and give you her best, day in and day out. It inspires me to do the same.

Help me keep my promise to your son

I wish I could understand and rationalize your hesitancy or refusal, but maybe that's too much to ask of me. Instead, you'll get my best.

When I see your listless body, I don't see politics. I see someone who needs my help. That's the reason we all chose to do this job. Let the protesters outside jeer and the haters online hate, and we'll meet them with a Ted Lasso-like kindness and unbreakable dedication to our patients — vaccinated or not.

Can you hear that? The faint beeps down the hall. The nurse practitioner is intubating another one of your unvaccinated brethren. I should go.

Can I ask you a favour before I do? Please help me keep my promise to your son.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/icu-doctor-letter-to-patient-1.6171187
All very touching, Steve, but it is difficult to reconcile this crap with the dozens of people I know, aged from 6 to 72, who have gotten covid, stayed away from others for two weeks, and gone back to their lives. Some have lost their sense of smell for as long as three months. Others for a couple of days. Only one friend was seriously ill. Many who caught covid caught it, not because they were unvaccinated, but because they made foolish behavioral choices.
Personally, I think it is probably a good idea, for most people, to get vaccinated. However, I am goddam tired of all the preaching, the threats, and coercion as it is being practiced by the governments, the MSM, and all the self-righteous who want to scare everyone into falling into step. No lie is too outrageous no truth not concealable. An infant dies with covid. Any co-morbidities? "We aren't going to discuss that". For all we know, the baby was born without a heart. A 16 year old, in perfect health dies with covid. Perfect health, that is, except for the extra hundred pounds she was packing. The government and the media wanted to engender panic. Even now, officials don't want to put out the full story.
As I said, getting vaccinated may be a good idea, for most people, although, in many cases, the prevention may well be every bit as bad as the disease; keeping in mind that for most people, covid is a cold. The vaccine may help to ensure that is the case so when you get covid, as you must, sooner or later, it won't be that bad if you are one of the one in one hundred who may have a serious case.
The point is, it was never necessary to lie, coerce, or sensationalize, in order to get people to get vaccinated. Just give people the real facts, don't flip flop, and let them make their decision. GD
Tell that to the families of the 27,000 who have died so far in Canada.
Yesterday the numbers were 130 in ICUs.of that, 111 were unvacinated . We have almost a 80% fully vaccinated population,. It doesn't take a math wiz to see the imbalance.
It doesn't take a math wizard but it does take a clairvoyant to try and guess whether or not they are in hospital because of covid, old age, or lifestyle choices. I have never denied that covid cannot make some people very ill, just like the flu. It needs to be said though, the vast majority of people will not become very ill. Of the 27,000 Canadians who have died, probably half would be dead without covid. I am not a covid denier but a covid realist.
The latest surge in covid cases is not because of the unvaxxed running amok; it is because of the entire population deciding, since most of them are vaxxed, they could throw caution to the winds. Mixed signals from, in our case, BS Bonnie, probably didn't help.
The truth is, if you attend large gatherings or gather with people in confined spaces, you have a good chance of getting sick.Perhaps not from covid but from something else. This has been going on for nearly two years now and less than 4% of BC's population has been infected (the number is undoubtedly higher than that since a large portion of those infected show zero symptoms and are never tested. This includes those who are vaccinated, of course). Of those infected, less than 1/10 of one percent have died. Of those who have died, we don't know how many were predisposed to die because of underlying health problems because nobody wants that information to be available.
It is plain. at this point, the vaccinations will not play any part in stopping the virus. The vaccination will allow more people to survive the virus and, if the virus follows the path of most, it will become less virulent as it evolves; unless the vaccine pushes it in an unexpected direction. Right now, with nearly 80% of the population vaccinated, BC is seeing a surge in cases. This is not because of the 20% who are not fully vaccinated but because of the behavior of all of them. GD
Greydog , we all are going to die. As Morison of the Doors so eloquently put it," nobody gets out of here alive." It's just that with covid ,for some, earlier,and others sometimes much earlier. You are the same age as me, we have both done our alotted three score and ten , but I bet you are not willing to pack it in. I know for me there are more hunts to go on, and places to see.And granddaughter to watch.

In your second paragraph, you simply wrong. It is the much more contagions variant. They are not throwing caution to wind, I don't see behavior that is much different in this the largest urban area of the province.This in spite of the fact the vast majority are vaccinated . That's why we are vaccinated, to get our lives back to a more normal life. My son put it best, "I may get sick, but I won't go to the hospital and I won't die."

Well those 20% should get the jabs. Period. That is where the vast majority of cases are, anyway.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/11/21
I agree with you greydog, 100%.
Trust the media? They haven't given me a reason to, one lie after another.
Trust the Government? They haven't given me a reason to either.

So these two break trust after trust, then want me to trust them? I think that both of these entities need to go back to step one and start over, but first remember this........never break a trust.

I hear about the waiting rooms full of Wuhan patients, jamming the system. OK fair enough, but is the reason for a backlog because Nurses are refusing to take the shot? and are therefore simply not on the job? Similar to the other People I know who are going to be losing their jobs because they wont take the shot. Good for them for not bowing before the emperor.

Kamloops general only had 3 nurses on a few nights ago when they were supposed to have 24, that from the Mayor of Kamloops.

BC has made a big mistake by dividing their citizens in such a way, I can assure those that your business has been dealt a death blow and your cliental wont be coming back.
Saskatchewan says they won't implement a passport, too divisive, no shyte, my family should of left BC, a have not Province years ago..
Tell that to the families of the 27,000 who have died so far in Canada.

Does this number include the ones euthanized in the care homes ?
Here's some more information.

Want to cut your risk of serious COVID-19? New data shows vaccines are hitting the mark
Unvaccinated 36 times more likely to be hospitalized for COVID-19, new data shows
Lauren Pelley · CBC News

Vaccines work. Before we move on to some caveats, let's start with that.

A growing body of global data shows that leading COVID-19 vaccines significantly reduce your risk of falling seriously ill or dying if you wind up infected with the coronavirus.

That's particularly the case when they're used alongside other public health measures to prevent infections from happening in the first place — and even when faced with the hyper-contagious delta variant.

They don't work perfectly, of course — and we'll get to that in a bit — but really, really well.

The latest Canadian data released on Friday shows that from late July to late August — while the more-contagious delta variant was circulating widely — unvaccinated individuals were 36 times more likely to be hospitalized for COVID-19 than those who were fully vaccinated.
---

[Linked Image from i.cbc.ca]

Research published on Tuesday in the Lancet looked at 969 patients who were admitted to a Yale New Haven Health System hospital in Connecticut from late March to early July and wound up testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 — whether or not they were being treated for COVID-19 or another ailment.

During the study months, only 54 of the admitted patients were fully vaccinated. Nearly half didn't show symptoms of COVID-19, despite testing positive for the virus, and had come to the hospital to treat another, unrelated diagnosis.

The rest here. https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-vaccines-illness-death-risk-1.6171958
"It doesn't make any sense. There are virtually no serious, severe cases in those younger cohorts". What would be the sense in vaccinating them?" This from Isaac Bogosch who is a doctor relied upon by CBC.
88% of cases in the hospital (an unrevealed percentage of which were there for reasons other than covid) still comprise a very small percentage of people who have covid and an even smaller percentage of the population in general. Perspective.
Again, I believe the vaccinations may be a good choice for some people, especially the elderly. This, because they may prevent these people from dying prematurely. However, being vaccinated does not mean you can ignore the virus and put others at risk of contracting the disease. Being unvaccinated does not mean you are a carrier any more than being vaxxed means you are not.
I think it is wise for school teachers to be vaccinated because they are in contact with so many people. However, being vaccinated does not mean they can ignore minor symptoms and go ahead and infect their students. They can still carry and spread the virus. On the bright side, the students are unlikely to get seriously ill and will end up being truly immune; as will the vaccinated teacher who brought virus into the classroom and infected them. This is the route to the sought after herd immunity.
To this point, the virus has had no impact on my life at all. Governmental response to the virus has impacted me plenty. GD
Some people think they shouldn't be required to be inoculated with the spike protein gene therapy.....how convenient.......

Members Of Congress, Staff Exempt From Biden Vaccine Mandate

SATURDAY, SEP 11, 2021 - 01:00 PM

Members of Congress, their staff, and federal court system employees are exempt from the Biden administration's new vaccine mandates, according to Newsweek.

On Thursday, Biden issued two executive orders mandating that federal workers, federal contractors, and workers for companies with more than 100 employees take the Covid-19 jab or face unemployment and fines.

While Biden's order applies to employees of the executive branch, the House and Senate are part of the separate legislative branch, and of course the courts are part of the judicial branch - so the new orders don't apply.

"Building on the President's announcement in July to strengthen safety requirements for unvaccinated federal workers, the President has signed an Executive Order to take those actions a step further and require all federal executive branch workers to be vaccinated," reads Biden's COVID 'action plan' titled "Path Out of the Pandemic."

"The President also signed an Executive Order directing that this standard be extended to employees of contractors that do business with the federal government," the plan continues. "As part of this effort, the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Indian Health Service, and the National Institute of Health will complete implementation of their previously announced vaccination requirements that cover 2.5 million people."

The New York Times reported on Thursday that the executive order doesn't apply to those who work for Congress or the federal courts, citing White House officials.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said at a press conference on April 29 that the House couldn't require members to be vaccinated. Video clips of those remarks gained renewed attention online following Biden's announcement.

"So—so here is the thing. We are—we cannot require someone to be vaccinated. That's just not what we can do. It is a matter of privacy to know who is or who isn't," Pelosi said.

"I can't go to the Capitol Physician and say, 'Give me the names of people who aren't vaccinated, so I can go encourage them or make it known to others to encourage them to be vaccinated.' So we can't—we can't do that," she said. -Newsweek

On Friday, Pelosi's office reiterated to Newsweek that her April 29 remarks were "referring to the institution in which she serves," adding "She's saying she cannot force Members to be vaccinated, which is true."

How's this going to 'protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated' on Capitol Hill?
That's the US. They do things differently down there.
They all haven't totally lost their minds down there......26 states are telling biden to pound sand.
For those of you who will be getting the passport.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/12/21
Looks like large numbers of healthcare workers are resigning ahead of the mandated "shot". My friend works in a care home and last evening, (saturday) a number of workers handed in their resignations, including at least two Nurses.

It is because the Doctors, Nurses, care aids, cooks, cleaners, etc....who dont like being forced are left with no choice.

I think Dix, Horgan, Henry should "gown up" and get to work.

Hoping this should be enough to bring this Government in focus for a closer look, they are in full contempt of its Citizens.
And hopefully, make people realize that it they can help ease the burden by getting vaccinated.

Large numbers? Cite?
Originally Posted by 673
Looks like large numbers of healthcare workers are resigning ahead of the mandated "shot". My friend works in a care home and last evening, (saturday) a number of workers handed in their resignations, including at least two Nurses.

It is because the Doctors, Nurses, care aids, cooks, cleaners, etc....who dont like being forced are left with no choice.

Happening in the States also. Staff in the medical field have the upper hand now, hopefully they will use it.
Happening down south? Cite?
Just noticed this one last night. Have seen several articles over the last week.

NY Hospital to Pause Baby Deliveries After Staffers Quit Over Vaccine Mandate

September 11th, 2021

One for your Hospitals Overwhelmed file folder.

Via: KIRO7:

An upstate New York hospital said it will pause the delivery of babies in two weeks because of a spate of resignations by maternity unit workers who are objecting to COVID-19 vaccination mandates.

Lewis County General Hospital, in Lowville, will temporarily stop delivering babies after Sept. 24, WWNY reported. During a news conference Friday afternoon, Lewis County Health System CEO Gerald Cayer said seven of the 30 hospital workers who resigned were from the hospital’s maternity ward. He added that another seven maternity unit staffers were undecided about getting the vaccine, the television station reported.
Strong leftist lean being from Bloomberg, but you'll get the idea.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2021-08-28/when-nurses-refuse-to-get-vaccinated

When nurses refuse to get vaccinated

For the head of a hospital facing yet another wave of Covid, a vaccine mandate might seem like the only way to keep staff and patients safe. The reality is more complicated, though. Right now nearly 1 in 8 nurses are neither vaccinated nor planning to get a shot.

And in some parts of the country, hospital administrators say only about half of their nursing staff are vaccinated.

That’s the dilemma. Do you lose more nurses by mandating vaccines and having some quit, or by not requiring shots and facing staff shortages from quarantines and absences when they get sick?

“It’s a cynical question, but what gets us to losing the higher amount of staff?” says Alan Levine, chief executive officer of Ballad Health, which has 21 hospitals and other centers serving patients in Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.

Levine chose not to require vaccinations for his health-care workers after modeling suggested he could see 15% of nurses, or as many as 900, leave if he did. That’s more than he anticipates losing to Covid-19 quarantines and illness, even with the most recent surge filling up the network’s intensive-care units and 130 staffers quarantining on a single mid-August day. At Ballad, 97% of doctors are vaccinated. Among front-line nurses, he estimates vaccination rates hover around 50%.

It’s hard to fathom how nurses, who see firsthand how Covid can kill people, could oppose getting a vaccine that’s been shown in numerous studies to provide extraordinary protection against severe illness and death. But it’s a problem hospital administrators all over the country find themselves facing. The American Nurses Association has formed a broader coalition of nursing groups to combat vaccine hesitancy in its ranks by publishing facts to help demystify the shots.

Nationally, only 35% of hospitals had mandated that staffers get vaccinated as of Aug. 19, according to the American Hospital Association. With the U.S. Food and Drug Administration fully approving the Pfizer vaccine on Aug. 23, that percentage could rise over the next few months. About 22 states now require Covid vaccinations for at least some health-care workers, according to data from the National Academy for State Health Policy.

Not all states are moving in that direction. Four so far—Arkansas, Georgia, Montana and Tennessee—established bans before the FDA’s Pfizer vaccine approval that could prevent mandates being imposed on some workers.

A number of others have yet to weigh in, leaving hospital administrators balancing their staffing concerns with their desire to protect workers and patients.—Cynthia Koons
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/12/21
Many are pointing fingers at a Menstruating Woman (Henry) and a couple of Menstruating Men (Dix & Horgan) as the cause of this clusterphuck.
Just what the world needs, women with 15 day periods.
Monday is the first day of the single shot requirement.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/14/21
I couldn't help notice how this NDP Government we have here in BC just keeps tightening the screws little by little.
Dr Henry comes out almost crying again, sad to see, Dix comes out, thanks the Indians for everything, then turns into the most morbid Politician I have ever seen.

Nurses and healthcare workers are resigning or simply retiring, others are simply changing their occupations. We have a crisis here and they created it. Many others are simply quitting, cleaners, care aids etc.....It has been my experience that Government is never wrong and wont back down on their policy, ever, so looks like many People will die in the system, book it.

Dix is hiding now from the Mayor of Kamloops (Ken Christian) the Mayor is also head of the hospital in Kamloops. 3 nurses on when there is supposed to be 24?...and the People who never received the shot are responsible??
I heard the Mayor say there were 10 People in the ICU with Covid, last week was 17, and this strains the system??

I think what we have here is something that has been happening for a very long time, ,,,,we need more money. Turning the Wuhan into a bargaining tool, its a bit of both to be true, but shameful Dix would lead People to believe its the ones who didn't receive a shot.
Open Letter to Dr. Bonnie Henry, Adrian Dix, and Premier John Horgan

We are a group of extremely concerned health professionals in the Okanagan Valley, B.C. We have some critical questions regarding COVID-19, specifically about the current reporting of case numbers, statistics, and testing, and the restrictions imposed by your health orders. While discussion of adjunctive and alternative safe and effective treatments is being stifled, the policies of mandatory experimental vaccines and vaccine passports are being forced upon our province, our country, and many other countries worldwide.

Addressing Dr. Henry, Mr. Dix and Mr. Horgan: We—as healthcare practitioners and citizens—expect and deserve answers that address these concerns directly. Proclaiming that vaccine therapies are “safe and effective” is misleading and sloganistic. The reports of vaccine injuries are increasing every day, yet are being ignored. We are witnessing an increase in Covid illness occurring in fully vaccinated individuals and, irrationally, that is being followed by a promise of mandated boosters.1 The lack of answers and the vague information being provided over the past 18+ months do not instill confidence in British Columbians.

This lack of transparency has resulted in unprecedented divisiveness amongst citizens, families and friends. There are individuals who are angry that some concerned citizens are not complying and are comparing our current circumstances to the Holocaust. While this may seem extreme, the Holocaust also began with the small removal of freedoms2, just as we are seeing today. This historical atrocity started out as a slow and seemingly innocent removal of rights by the government, but quickly morphed into media control, divisiveness between groups of people, and limitations to what one select section of society could do. In this way, the ordinary citizen easily became an enemy of the state. Today a one-sided, politically-driven narrative, which is being fuelled by politicians and the media, is causing a similar divisiveness. When only one side of the story is made available to the public, it is easy to understand how individuals can become disgruntled toward other citizens who are fighting to maintain their freedom and bodily autonomy. A political agenda is clearly being pushed here, and the refusal to address questions and concerns of healthcare practitioners and citizens of B.C. speaks volumes. We hope all of B.C. and Canada will carefully consider the information included in this document and join us in demanding clear, direct and truthful answers.

You must recognize and acknowledge the problems our country faces with our media and with our supposed leaders. We are on a dangerous trajectory and we must STOP —NOW! The media’s control of information and the censorship of knowledgeable and experienced physicians, scientists, and lawyers are preventing access to the two sides of the story. The introduction of “Fact checkers”—who are wholly owned by Big Tech, Big Pharma, and Big Media — being paid to censor anyone who does not support the government narrative. The tools of intimidation, coercion, and bribery are being used to divide our society, and all of this is happening right in front of us. Obviously, this type of behaviour is not a reflection of good people with good ideas; to the contrary, it is criminal activity.

Groups of doctors are forming international networks to investigate public health measures and to raise questions and concerns.3 We call on all Canadians to join the rapidly growing movement of ordinary citizens who are standing up against tyranny and violation of our human rights and freedoms!

Please answer the 12 questions below directly, clearly and truthfully, with references to the data from the scientific research on which you are basing your decisions and policies:

Continued - https://www.eastonspectator.com/202...enry-adrian-dix-and-premier-john-horgan/
Action ,or in this case inaction, has consequences . gee what a surprise.
Yes indeed.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/14/21
Yeah, the BC Nurses Union tells them to pound sand too. I wonder what makes these Politico's think they can mandate this on the populace?
The Government has created a problem, one of their own doing, 100% their fault, they think they are making People safer??
A few things to consider when hearing about US COVID numbers -

Don't know if Canada is following these same guidelines but it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, you’re not counted as fully vaccinated until a full 14 days have passed since your second injection in the case of Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days after your first dose of Janssen, despite the fact that over 80% of deaths after the vaccines occur in this window. How convenient

Anyone who dies within the first 14 days post-injection is counted as an unvaccinated death. Not only does this inaccurately inflate the unvaccinated death toll, but it also hides the real dangers of the COVID shots, as the vast majority of deaths from these shots occur within the first two weeks

The CDC also has two different sets of testing guidelines — one for vaccinated patients and another for the unvaccinated. If you’re unvaccinated, CDC guidance says to use a cycle threshold (CT) of 40, known to result in false positives. If you’re vaccinated, they recommend using a CT of 28 or less, which minimizes the risk of false positives

The CDC also hides vaccine failures and props up the “pandemic of the unvaccinated” narrative by only counting breakthrough cases that result in hospitalization or death

Hospitals are still also reporting non-COVID related illnesses as COVID-19
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/15/21
Originally Posted by cleanbarrel

We are a group of extremely concerned health professionals in the Okanagan Valley, B.C. We have some critical questions regarding COVID-19, specifically about the current reporting of case numbers, statistics, and testing, and the restrictions imposed by your health orders. While discussion of adjunctive and alternative safe and effective treatments is being stifled, the policies of mandatory experimental vaccines and vaccine passports are being forced upon our province, our country, and many other countries worldwide.

Addressing Dr. Henry, Mr. Dix and Mr. Horgan: We—as healthcare practitioners and citizens—expect and deserve answers that address these concerns directly. Proclaiming that vaccine therapies are “safe and effective” is misleading and sloganistic. The reports of vaccine injuries are increasing every day, yet are being ignored. We are witnessing an increase in Covid illness occurring in fully vaccinated individuals and, irrationally, that is being followed by a promise of mandated boosters.1 The lack of answers and the vague information being provided over the past 18+ months do not instill confidence in British Columbians.

This lack of transparency has resulted in unprecedented divisiveness amongst citizens, families and friends. There are individuals who are angry that some concerned citizens are not complying and are comparing our current circumstances to the Holocaust. While this may seem extreme, the Holocaust also began with the small removal of freedoms2, just as we are seeing today. This historical atrocity started out as a slow and seemingly innocent removal of rights by the government, but quickly morphed into media control, divisiveness between groups of people, and limitations to what one select section of society could do. In this way, the ordinary citizen easily became an enemy of the state. Today a one-sided, politically-driven narrative, which is being fuelled by politicians and the media, is causing a similar divisiveness. When only one side of the story is made available to the public, it is easy to understand how individuals can become disgruntled toward other citizens who are fighting to maintain their freedom and bodily autonomy. A political agenda is clearly being pushed here, and the refusal to address questions and concerns of healthcare practitioners and citizens of B.C. speaks volumes. We hope all of B.C. and Canada will carefully consider the information included in this document and join us in demanding clear, direct and truthful answers.

You must recognize and acknowledge the problems our country faces with our media and with our supposed leaders. We are on a dangerous trajectory and we must STOP —NOW! The media’s control of information and the censorship of knowledgeable and experienced physicians, scientists, and lawyers are preventing access to the two sides of the story. The introduction of “Fact checkers”—who are wholly owned by Big Tech, Big Pharma, and Big Media — being paid to censor anyone who does not support the government narrative. The tools of intimidation, coercion, and bribery are being used to divide our society, and all of this is happening right in front of us. Obviously, this type of behaviour is not a reflection of good people with good ideas; to the contrary, it is criminal activity.

Groups of doctors are forming international networks to investigate public health measures and to raise questions and concerns.3 We call on all Canadians to join the rapidly growing movement of ordinary citizens who are standing up against tyranny and violation of our human rights and freedoms!

Please answer the 12 questions below directly, clearly and truthfully, with references to the data from the scientific research on which you are basing your decisions and policies:

Continued - https://www.eastonspectator.com/202...enry-adrian-dix-and-premier-john-horgan/

Cleanbarrel, thank you for posting this, very interesting as I now have had a chance to read it. Everyone should read the link to the questions healthcare providers have in regards to the shot and the mandate on Nurses, which is also a mandate on Citizens, in disguise.
I doubt whether anyone in Government nor Henry can answer any of the questions asked, just take the shot and shut up.
This is the exact reason People don't trust Henry nor the Government.
The nurses union objection, isn't the vaccination, rather the loss of even a few nurses. Both the Hospital employees union and the doctors both agreed.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/15/21
The nurses union objection, isn't the vaccination, rather the loss of even a few nurses. Both the Hospital employees union and the doctors both agreed.

Engrish isn't your primary ranguage is it?

If it were then you would see that the Nurses Union is indeed against mandatory shots, read it. They are saying that they will loose Nurses if the mandate is followed through, but they already have lost Nurses and alot of staff from the top down. They wont admit it, however the longer it go's on the more they will be exposed for the lying Communist ideology they adhere too.

Do you consider the questions directed to Henry to be fair?
Herron long-term care residents died of thirst, malnourishment, Quebec coroner’s inquest told
COVID-19 was repeatedly cited as a cause of death at the Herron nursing home to obscure the fact that dozens of elderly residents died from...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...ts-died-of-thirst-malnourishment-quebec/

How Quebec’s response to COVID-19 left 4,000 dead in long-term care homes
Even though Canada had the highest recorded long-term care death ... at Herron – missing staff, multiple deaths, neglected residents left in...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...vid-19-left-4000-dead-in-long-term-care/
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/18/21
Watching global news this morning, they interview a nurse who is pro "shot" then proceed to ask her what the motives could be for the Nurses to be anti "shot".
Why don't they simply interview one or more of the Nurses who don't want the shot?....surely they can answer that for themselves.

So then she went on to say the way out of this Pandemic is to get the "shot"......if she or anyone else cared to look at the questions that were presented to Dr Henry they would see that if everyone was given the "shot" we would still be with the Wuhan.
The 20% of People in this Province see through the media's bs, and it is a huge reason the 20% wont get the "shot". They have simply lost the trust of People in this Province and they dig a deeper hole every time they try and spin it their way.
I call BS on that 20%, 85% have gotten at least one shot , if you take the north out of the equation , it's much greater.It's slowing creeping up to 90% for the province.

We went to community BBQ last night. It was the first time we were checked. It went quickly and smoothly.
Posted By: 673 Re: BC to Require Vaccine Passport - 09/18/21
I call BS on that 20%, 85% have gotten at least one shot , if you take the north out of the equation , it's much greater.It's slowing creeping up to 90% for the province.

We went to community BBQ last night. It was the first time we were checked. It went quickly and smoothly.

I saw 78% with one shot and just over 80% for two lol.

Remember something when you go with the numbers.....there are alot of People in this Province that dont have a BC medical number, therefore there is no stats on those People.

So, at a barbecue eh...spreading the Wuhan around? Hope you kept your distance from one another, masks on I presume?
© 24hourcampfire