Home
Posted By: wabigoon Blueberries? - 08/10/22
Picking any?
Posted By: WMR Re: Blueberries? - 08/11/22
Very good year for wild blueberries in the UP of MI. My bride and I made our annual pilgrimage. Tent camping and campfire cooking completed the adventure. We’ll have wild berries in pancakes and banana bread, as well as the occasional blueberry crisp. Been picking them since our now grown kids were small.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Blueberries? - 08/11/22
None for us this year. Unfortunately, my wife isn’t feeling well, so we sat it out.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Blueberries? - 08/12/22
Yep, great season Richard !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: Teal Re: Blueberries? - 08/12/22
Seems to be a good year for all berries in the UP which is similar to Canada basically.

In the early 90's I was bear hunting in Ontario and they had a monster year for blue berries. Drive around and it looked like fields of blue carpet. Was crazy.

I'd like to plant some myself. We used to have a lot of wild raspberries in the gravel pit on the property but they got destroyed when we pulled most of the gravel out for a new road. This year - logged off the back 80 due to budworm killing all the trees so there's an opportunity to plant berries - just don't know if they'd take/hold and come back year over year.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Blueberries? - 08/23/22
Lots of wild blackberries this year.
© 24hourcampfire