Home
Posted By: comerade Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
This guy is unafraid to say what many of us think, he wades into some pretty murky waters .
He just might be the one to bring Canadian politics back to some respectability.
I think left of center politics in this country is wary of his increasingly greater exposure and just how he engages wokism, LBG....etc ( can't remember the acronym) Communism, and the list goes on.
Jordan is a good communicator and seems unwilling to tow partisan agenda.
Hopefully Pierre P will defeat Justin next election, if he doesn't Jordan might be the guy.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
I enjoy watching his podcasts. He has great information and knows how to explain it to anyone.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
comerade;
Good evening my cyber friend a few valleys east, hopefully you're getting decent weather too and you're well.

If I'm not misremembering again, I began listening to some of his lectures back when he first came on the scene because he refused to call people by their preferred pronouns. That was maybe 2016 or so?

While I've not read his second book, I did buy the first one and thought enough of it that I bought one for a gift to a nephew.

As a broad statement while I don't agree with everything he says, he certainly makes me think about what I believe and why.

If you like fairly heavy exchanges, look up some of the ones where he has Jonathan Pageau as a guest.

Prof. Peterson is - as best as I can guess - a Deist - and Pageau came from a non believing background and is now an Orthodox Christian.

They both have a very unique perspective and bring - to me - marvelous insight to some Biblical stories.

When he's been asked about going into politics, Peterson has said he believes he's able to effect more change where he is at and I believe that to be the case.

Politics, even with someone as fairly straightforward as Pierre Poilievre are constricting in a lot of ways.

Anyways just a few thoughts from the little old guy slightly west of you.

Best to you all.

Dwayne
Posted By: kolofardos Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
Originally Posted by BC30cal
comerade;
Good evening my cyber friend a few valleys east, hopefully you're getting decent weather too and you're well.

If I'm not misremembering again, I began listening to some of his lectures back when he first came on the scene because he refused to call people by their preferred pronouns. That was maybe 2016 or so?

While I've not read his second book, I did buy the first one and thought enough of it that I bought one for a gift to a nephew.

As a broad statement while I don't agree with everything he says, he certainly makes me think about what I believe and why.

If you like fairly heavy exchanges, look up some of the ones where he has Jonathan Pageau as a guest.

Prof. Peterson is - as best as I can guess - a Deist - and Pageau came from a non believing background and is now an Orthodox Christian.

They both have a very unique perspective and bring - to me - marvelous insight to some Biblical stories.

When he's been asked about going into politics, Peterson has said he believes he's able to effect more change where he is at and I believe that to be the case.

Politics, even with someone as fairly straightforward as Pierre Poilievre are constricting in a lot of ways.

Anyways just a few thoughts from the little old guy slightly west of you.

Best to you all.

Dwayne
Happy New Year Dwayne. Any chance you'll be coming to the lower mainland to see him? He's in Vancouver Feb 21 and Abbotsford May 18th. I went for his lecture at the Queen E a few years ago and it was great. Not sure if I'll be going this time since the remaining Vancouver tickets are over $300. Abbotsford is more reasonable, but still over $100 a ticket.
Posted By: GRF Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
JP is a great dude, straight talking abd thought provoking. Commuted to doing what is right and proper.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
kolofardos;
Morning my friend to the west, I see your light is on and hope even though it's still dark out that it's shaping up to be a decent day.

While I've learned to never say never, there's enough going on in my immediate family at present that I'm not making long term plans in case I have to head out at a moments notice. It's been that way for a bit, but as always we all must play the card we've been dealt right?

Anyways all that to say likely not this time.

I hope you all had a good holiday season and all the best to you all in 2023.

Dwayne
Posted By: Nick1899 Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
He certainly knows how to trigger the lefties. The College of Psychologists of Ontario want his license suspended due to his political views. They want Dr. Peterson to take a media relations course in order to keep his license. Dr. Peterson has objected to this. We will all see how this plays out and hopefully there will be consequences for the management team at the College of Psychologists.

Nick
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
To be fair, the management team didn't and can't make this decision. It's made by a committee of his peers (other psychologists) and representatives of the public appointed by the gov't.

But knowing the system as I do, I think JP has a great shot at blowing them out of the water.
Posted By: ERK Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
Don’t kid yourself about them trying to take his license. Your fearless leader is scared of him and is pushing buttons to try and make him look bad. I wish him good luck for you guys. Edk
Posted By: comerade Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
I did read about these trumped up charges, listened to his daughter explain his situation.
He doesn't seem like the type to back down from his opinions.
He is quite good and patient with all forms of media but will never be woke enough for the extremists.
I hope this threat is used a springboard to more of his views, and he is unafraid to expain his belief in Christianity.
We this type of person in the mix
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/18/23
I'm fully aware that they're trying to take his license. But I know how the process works because I've been involved in it for 30 years.

Trudeau may well be applying some pressure, but it's not even a federal body, it's provincial. And they still have to legally cover their asses. They wanted to be seen to be "doing something" which is what bureaucrats and politicians do. So they offered him what they thought was a sweetheart deal, so they could go to their complainants and say "We fixed it". JP told them to shove it up their azzes and now they're left with a handful of [bleep], because their carrot didn't work and now they have to employ the stick, which is going to get them in trouble.
Posted By: comerade Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
I'm fully aware that they're trying to take his license. But I know how the process works because I've been involved in it for 30 years.

Trudeau may well be applying some pressure, but it's not even a federal body, it's provincial. And they still have to legally cover their asses. They wanted to be seen to be "doing something" which is what bureaucrats and politicians do. So they offered him what they thought was a sweetheart deal, so they could go to their complainants and say "We fixed it". JP told them to shove it up their azzes and now they're left with a handful of [bleep], because their carrot didn't work and now they have to employ the stick, which is going to get them in trouble.
This is a good insight.
A good example of why we should be suspicious of the so called" info cops" and the process.
The Process should emphasize human ingenuity, individual freedom and hold the accusers " feet to the fire". Not anonymously.
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
J P is a cool dude IMHO. Love the way he is so able to articulate. He seems to be able to consistently able to ruffle the feathers of the Left. Has had me thinking he is really getting under the skin of Blackrock & George Soros.

JP is taking a lot of undeserved heat IMHO. Someone seems to have lost all scruples, pulling out all of the stops in an attempt to quiet JP from speaking the truth that the left is increasingly intolerant of. If I understand correctly the B.S. tactics to get him to attempt to keep him quiet have started to attempt to make things difficult for his daughter living in Florida as well.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
It’s a privilege to be allowed to practice a regulated health profession. It’s not an automatic when you graduate school.

That privilege involves giving up certain rights RELATED TO YOUR PROFESSION. Like, they wouldn’t need a search warrant if they were conducting an official investigation into his records. He’s got to give them up. He’s REQUIRED to cooperate and they can get a search warrant if he doesn’t and one of the charges would be failing to cooperate with an investigation. That alone could be grounds for taking his license away.

In JP’s case, they want to take away his freedom of speech UNRELATED to his profession. He didn’t say any of those things to clients, he didn’t counsel clients to break the law. He simply expressed his opinion in ways that they don’t like, unrelated to his license. Things anyone has a right to say.

They’re going to argue that he has to be more careful about what he says because he’s a professional. And professionals are held to a higher standard, or are supposed to be. A recent example of a Strathmore RCMP officer shows that’s not the case. Any of us would be in prison for what clearly was illegal 8 ways to Sunday. But instead “ Everyone in that decision chain should have known better,” So some get a pass for things that others wouldn’t.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/crim...l-record-for-unlawful-firearm-possession
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
Wannabebwanna;
Good evening to you sir, I hope your day was a good one and you all are getting decent weather.

Thanks kindly for the explanation, somehow while I might have kinda/sorta known that, your explanation clarifies it for me.

Runkle covered the Strathmore episode too and you're right, it's not the case or not always.

Thanks again, I appreciate the insight.

All the best.

Dwayne
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
Thanks, Dwayne. I learned of the Strathmore case from Runkle and it pisses me off no end.

That cop should have been severely punished. I get that it would have ended his career. So be it. Anybody with a lick of sense about guns would know that he was way off base, but he even bragged about it.
Posted By: WMR Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
Having partly followed JP’s videos for a bit, I think he’s unlikely to bow to the Leftist’s demands. He’s a joy to watch and seems absolutely straightforward in his positions. It’s too late for his opponents to silence him. He can make a gazillion dollars speaking publicly so his future is assured. If his opponents “martyr “ him , in a professional sense, it will just increase his following. He may end up one of the most influential voices of our times. May it be so.
Posted By: mitchellmountain Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
I've been following JP for years but didn't know the influence he had until recently when the prime minister of Israel appeared on his podcast. You don't get those kind of people interested in speaking with you unless they know you have clout.
It appears Jordan is saying things that need to be heard. Lefties, won't listen to differing points of view, they will be offended- this cannot stop the narrative.
A pushback just means push forward.

Right now, he appears a man of deep conviction and refuses to be silenced.
He is Christian, and is not apologizing for this either.
Traits that are admirable, imo
Posted By: irfubar Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
Count me in as a huge Jordan Peterson fan!!

The powers that be obviously see him as a threat....
I believe JP will prevail and become a very powerful voice for freedom
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/19/23
comerade;
Good morning once again my cyber friend 5 valleys to the east, I trust the day has been kind to you so far and you're well.

We are right and properly fogged in this morning, but it is above freezing so that's good.

Far be it from me to assume to know anyone else's heart or their relationship with what they consider/believe to be a deity to them, but if Prof. Peterson has become a professing Christian that's something I've missed.

Not that it matters to me - it matters to him of course or not as the case may be.

He's stated in discussions with Jonathan Pageau that he acts like there is a God and that his wife Tammy attends a church and benefits from it, but he did stop there. Also in a similar conversation with his daughter on her podcast he repeated more or less the same thing.

Again to be crystal clear on this note, when I read the scriptures and pray for wisdom and understanding, I do not see where it is my job to judge anyone else's relationship with God. That is between them and their Maker when they cross over - in my view and understanding.

We can judge others' actions, especially if they wish to continue to fellowship within the body of believers and the actions affect said body, but that's where it stops for me.

For sure others might disagree with all of what I've said too comerade and that's well and good and as it should be, you know?

Anyways hopefully that made at least some sense and was useful in the discussion.

Best to you all.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by BC30cal
comerade;
Good morning once again my cyber friend 5 valleys to the east, I trust the day has been kind to you so far and you're well.

We are right and properly fogged in this morning, but it is above freezing so that's good.

Far be it from me to assume to know anyone else's heart or their relationship with what they consider/believe to be a deity to them, but if Prof. Peterson has become a professing Christian that's something I've missed.

Not that it matters to me - it matters to him of course or not as the case may be.

He's stated in discussions with Jonathan Pageau that he acts like there is a God and that his wife Tammy attends a church and benefits from it, but he did stop there. Also in a similar conversation with his daughter on her podcast he repeated more or less the same thing.

Again to be crystal clear on this note, when I read the scriptures and pray for wisdom and understanding, I do not see where it is my job to judge anyone else's relationship with God. That is between them and their Maker when they cross over - in my view and understanding.

We can judge others' actions, especially if they wish to continue to fellowship within the body of believers and the actions affect said body, but that's where it stops for me.

For sure others might disagree with all of what I've said too comerade and that's well and good and as it should be, you know?

Anyways hopefully that made at least some sense and was useful in the discussion.

Best to you all.

Dwayne
Your responses are always insightful.
Yes, we humans can be very judgmental, I fall into that trap , from time to time...and it is not our job.
Thanks for the reminder. Be well, God Bless
Posted By: mod7rem Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
According to JP, some of the complaints against him are not actually formal complaints to the College of Psychologists of Ontario at all, but just his tweets retweeted to the College. Apparently that’s enough for the Governing body to treat as a complaint.
Posted By: Malcolm Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
Why don't they just call the cops and throw him in jail like any Communist Party would do ?
Posted By: WMR Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Why don't they just call the cops and throw him in jail like Putin does ?

That’s not far from possible now. I think that’s why he’s drawn his line in the sand. He knows that’s only a few short steps away. God bless him and his kind.
What did he say that was so bad?
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
Fat chick on Sports Illustrated cover they called beautiful. He told the truth that she wasn’t.
I thought he was a little hard to understand ,like an overeducaed psychiatrist . It was too much like work listening to him so I wrote him off as a time consuming waste of time. That being said, he may have right wing valid points worthy of Conservative consideration ,but he must be saying something that threatens the liberals specifically causing them to go to censure. I wonder what it is. It may be the key to their downfall.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
I thought he was a little hard to understand ,like an overeducaed psychiatrist . It was too much like work listening to him so I wrote him off as a time consuming waste of time. That being said, he may have right wing valid points worthy of Conservative consideration ,but he must be saying something that threatens the liberals specifically causing them to go to censure. I wonder what it is. It may be the key to their downfall.

If you don't understand him, that's on you. Maybe make an effort to inform yourself? and you can start by listening to him
Alright ,I'll get back to you.

.... Now what would be a good podcast of his to listen to that would be getting under the skin of the liberals....
Posted By: WMR Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23

.... Now what would be a good podcast of his to listen to that would be getting under the skin of the liberals....

JP is a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. He uses language very precisely. In this way he makes it harder for his opponents to misstate his positions. By doing so, he frustrates the Leftists who try to take him down with the usual straw man tactics. Watch any of the YouTube videos of him being interviewed. You’ll see why the Left fears him.
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
I'm not Canadian, but as soon as I saw JPs name pop up as a topic I had to avidly read

I agree with everything that has been said here, he is an extremely well prepared individual (in control of his emotion, mentally, logically, factually) and because he has such a grip on himself and reality, he is not afraid to speak up.
His podcast and interviews are great to watch, not just by what he says, but how. His body language, articulation of thoughts, he is very very intentional on what he says. I have not heard his podcast, but his interview with Joe Rogan was amazing.
Good role model, whether someone shares his political or religious views or not, we could all learn from him. I consider him a True Alpha male, in the pure sense of unafraid of consequences in the pursuit of his beliefs.
I do hope he gets even more exposure, I have started to show snippets of his comments to my older son, the rest are a bit young.

Interestingly, Jordan once commented on the similarities of his world views and Jocko Willink's ones: despite drastically different backgrounds they have arrived to many of the same conclusion on how to conduct oneself towards improvement
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23

Malcolm;
Good morning to you sir, though it's still dark out your way as well, we've made it to the weekend and I hope you're well.

For Canadian content, this discussion is pretty decent I thought.

Again, in my view anytime he gets together with Jonathan Pageau is a really profound exchange, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and I get that.

Hope that helps and have a good weekend.

Dwayne
Posted By: gulo Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
Peterson is a breath of fresh air mostly. One of the very few people in the public mass forum that knows how to think anymore. He is helping people regain a lot of the commonsense ground we steadily lost through the postwar period, the insanity really kicking in the '60's and it's only gotten worse since then. He doesn't get everything that's most affecting us these days - the population disaster (unlike hunters he doesn't understand carrying capacities at all and resorts to raw emotion when confronted with this subject) nor energy and our predicament there, but he is a very positive force nonetheless. I am grateful for him. I hope all the money and fame doesn't turn him into a maniac. It has the tendency to do this. Hopefully he will resist.
Sponxx;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's behaving down in your section of Texas and you're well.

Thanks for mentioning the exchanges between Prof. Peterson and Jocko Willink, as I've enjoyed them immensely.

Here's the one on Peterson's channel, which is somewhat shorter, but the ones on Jocko's channel are fantastic as well.

While I don't agree with everything either of them say, they both really make me think about what I believe and why - which is never a bad thing for me.

Best to you this weekend.

Dwayne
Posted By: gulo Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/21/23
Originally Posted by comerade
It appears Jordan is saying things that need to be heard. Lefties, won't listen to differing points of view, they will be offended- this cannot stop the narrative.
A pushback just means push forward.

Right now, he appears a man of deep conviction and refuses to be silenced.
He is Christian, and is not apologizing for this either.
Traits that are admirable, imo

Is he a Christian? I know he is a Bible scholar. I thought i heard him state he was not a Christian. I may be wrong.

I read The Bible regularly, i have several, some that go with me and some that stay home. I even pray sometimes cos i think it does things for me unrelated to whether anyone/thing is actually listening. What a great collection of texts/blueprint for life, The Bible. One more great thing about Jordan Peterson that he is so well-versed in it and not shy about invoking it. We abandoned The Bible mostly and replaced it with what exactly? Greed, mostly. Materialism. If more people were guided by the Bible - actually lived by what it said - the world would be a very different and much better place today. I am not a Christian, though. More an Old Testament sort of guy, which seems to me is what Peterson is, he comes across more Old Testament. Jesus seemed pretty right-on no doubt. I think he too offers great guidance. I don't think he'll be saving me beyond that.
I may be alone in feeling this way, but I think JP is great as a guest or as an interviewee. But not so much as a host or interviewer.
I listen to a lot of his podcasts and I get frustrated when he takes up too much air. I understand it’s a conversation between two people but at the end of some of his podcasts I find myself wishing to have heard more from the guest and less from him.
mod7rem;
Good almost afternoon to you sir, I hope your weather up there is tolerable this weekend and you're well.

Regarding Peterson or anyone who runs a podcast for that matter, a lot of them seem to walk a fine line between talking too much themselves.

Sometimes even Joe Rogan wanders off the trail too much for me, but as you say, "I may be alone in feeling this way" with him as well. wink

If memory serves and it might well not for sure, but sometimes like when Peterson had Pierre Poilievre or even Rex Murphy on he seemed to not do that as much.

None of this all means I have any less respect or that he doesn't make me think, but I do take your point.

All the best.

Dwayne
Hi Dwayne,
I agree JP isn’t the only podcaster that uses up too much air sometimes. If I’m a regular listener to someone’s podcast, I already have a very good idea of how they feel about things.
I really like Lex Fridman. His podcasts are long but he seems to have a great ability to get a lot out of his guests. Probably explains why the episodes get so long. He has good mix of curiosity, humor and humility that makes for great conversations. I have to be selective of the episodes though because he gets a lot of scientist types on and some of those topics are way over my head lol.

Trever
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/22/23
Originally Posted by mod7rem
According to JP, some of the complaints against him are not actually formal complaints to the College of Psychologists of Ontario at all, but just his tweets retweeted to the College. Apparently that’s enough for the Governing body to treat as a complaint.

Peterson works for Ben Shapiro now. Nothing will happen to him.
Posted By: Malcolm Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/22/23
Thanx Dwayne, I listened to the video you recommended.
I think the liberals want to censure him because as a professional psychologist he believes Trudeau to be a mental case.
Rex and him seem to have a lot of questions about a liberal government that only they can find an an answer for by listing all it's failures but seem perplexed on a method to have them removed from power other than to accept the inevitable consequences of what time will bring about, hoping that Canadians someday somehow will recognize them as communists .
It's an Eastern Canadian old way of thinking probably that will never go away ,although the Americans don't seem to be as affected by it in the New England States.
Alberta , just tells them to take a hike ,like it should be ; cut the analization ,mental effort and wasted energy on something that doesn't need it ,just get out the warm Alberta tar , paint em black , feather well and kick their asses down the road .
Posted By: mod7rem Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/24/23
For anyone interested, this is one of JP’s latest podcast episodes. It’s with Masih Alinejad talking about the Islamic regime in Iran. I’ve listened to her before and she doesn’t need anyone to give her air space, she doesn’t have any problem taking it. She’s a powerful speaker. It’s a great discussion.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-jordan-b-peterson-podcast/id1184022695?i=1000595512403
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Jordan Peterson - 01/25/23
Dr Peterson taught Psychology at Harvard no less as well as the University of Toronto. I doubt any who sit oh the Ontario Board can match his resume.
The only re-education that might work would be to tie his arms to a yardarm and use a cat-o-nine on him.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Jordan Peterson - 03/01/23
This is not a legal decision of a tribunal or court, so it will have no precedent-setting effect on JP’s case.

However, I’d not be surprised if his legal team coordinates with the Justice Centre.

https://www.jccf.ca/emergency-room-doctor-successfully-defends-right-to-express-opinion-publicly/
Posted By: cleanbarrel Re: Jordan Peterson - 03/02/23
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Jordan Peterson - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by irfubar
Count me in as a huge Jordan Peterson fan!!

The powers that be obviously see him as a threat....
I believe JP will prevail and become a very powerful voice for freedom

Brother irfubar, what a pleasure it is to see you here! How are you doing my friend?

Turning the ship around in Canada will take way more than a handful of intelligent people. It will take VOTES.

Canada is no longer the country I grew up in, the fact is I don't even recognize it anymore. For example, if you go to a mall in Toronto these days you would think that you were in a mall in the Middle East. When I ran my father's business in Toronto in 1979, it was nothing like that. A friend of mine that lives there calls it Torontoistan.

Our government has intentionally changed the demographics of Canada, much like what Biden and the liberals are doing by opening up your border, it's all about the votes! Although I may be wrong, I think we have reached the point of no return in Canada in terms of voting for Conservatives and getting them back in power. These immigrants vote for the Liberals and the NDP. You should see all the free handouts they get here, it's sickening. If I were an immigrant I would be voting for Liberals as well.

The upcoming election in the USA, is in my opinion, the most important election in your nation's history. Anyone with a brain that has been following American Politics as I have, knows that without a shadow of a doubt that the last election was as corrupt as it gets, and as far as I am concerned, the election was stolen from Trump.

Let's hope Trump or DeSantis win the next election, and are able to halt the direction the Liberals are taking the USA and get back to a course of SANITY.

Now that US citizens are aware that social media outlets like Facebook, GOOGLE, and Twitter in conjunction with Major Media outlets like CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS have colluded with the Liberals to rig the election, maybe it will be harder for them to steal it again.

I am praying that that is the case, and sanity will prevail!

KB
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Jordan Peterson - 03/13/23
I’ve been listening to his episodes, and I’m glad he is speaking out, and that he has a pretty large audience. I love his take on Trudeau and Global Warming. I hope he continues his good work.
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Jordan Peterson - 03/14/23
My son went to hear him speak in Regina a couple weeks ago. Said he was really impressed with how hard he pushed his fellow Canadians to do something about their political predicament. His quiet intellect is refreshing in a time when it seems that many consider the best speakers to be the loudest and most obnoxious.
© 24hourcampfire