Home
2 years ago I was quoted a BC Moose combo hunt of just shy of $10,000. Decided at the last minute to save my coin and instead headed back to Africa earlier this year.

They just pinged me again and the same hunt is now just shy of $7,000.

I'm pretty sure costs aren't going down, so don't know what gives...
Originally Posted by Puddle
2 years ago I was quoted a BC Moose combo hunt of just shy of $10,000. Decided at the last minute to save my coin and instead headed back to Africa earlier this year.

Most likely due to Covid and the lack of clients, Canada moose hunts were overpriced IMO. Supply and Demand situation I'm guessing.

If Canadian outfitters would charge in Canadian Funds, that would be a smart move on their part.
... Ontario is getting like Maine ... you could die of old age waiting for a permit/tag

... $7K will still buy a lot of beef
The last moose I saw in NW Ontario was on south 502 in 2010.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The last moose I saw in NW Ontario was on south 502 in 2010.
My mother travelled down the 502 last weekend and almost hit 2 moose with her car.

A cancellation hunt, or maybe just an unsold slot? Seasons open fairly soon and outfitters hate unsold tags. Demand for moose hunts does not seem to be declining overall. With Canada lifting the Covid travel restrictions, I think demand will rise.
© 24hourcampfire