Home
Posted By: wabigoon Smoke from western fires? - 08/01/23
That?
Posted By: snoeproe Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/04/23
We haven’t seen or smelled any smoke for a month or so………until today. Today we could see and smell it again.
Posted By: 673 Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/04/23
We have been pretty good so far, until the last few days when some fires near us took off and are out of control.
Had to work in it yesterday and gotta go back outside and work today. We are pretty used to it every year, but wish it would rain.

Big fire close to Dwayne is only bringing occasional smoke, but a fire they had under control and were "monitoring" took off and went from 200 acres to over 5,000 acres in a couple days, surprising officials LOL.
Posted By: Barryt Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/05/23
We've had 2 days in the past 6 weeks without heavy smoke now we have fires on 3 sides less than 20 miles out!
watched a fire blow up just north and east of Creston BC the day before yesterday.
yesterday and today can't see a mile across the valley.
sit outside and my nose and cheeks start to tingle. can look directly at the sun, it is just a orange blob in the smoke.
hope no folks up there are in jeopardy.
last summer we had unhealthful air for 3 months straight .
Posted By: EdM Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/06/23
The skies here are very smokey and just today I can now smell it. Evacuations are happening around Hayden and Post Falls.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/06/23
We've been living with smoke from the York fire here off and on since July 28th. Really sad what it's doing to the Mojave Preserve.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/06/23
673;
Good evening my friend, I hope the long weekend has been good to you all thus far and you and your fine family are well.

We were away camping up near Wells Gray for the past week so missed some of the smoke from the Eagle Bluff fire.

When we were there, from the Green Mountain Fire Tower we saw the Murtle Lake fire and then also saw the Adams Lake fire coming up and heading back down.

On the way back we took the 5A so we were even closer to the Adams Lake one and a lot of the Nicola was pretty smoky for sure.

There was and still is a lot of ash here at home, but the wind's been keeping the visibility better than it was say in '21 when we had the two big fires on either side of us on the east side.

Summer in BC I guess?

We saw some of the US Forest Service crew trucks come up when we were headed out last Sunday, they're sort of a 3 or maybe 5 ton crew cab 4x4 with singles on the back I think? Maybe Internationals?

All the best to you all sir.

Dwayne
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Smoke from western fires? - 08/06/23
Can there be any more evidence of government halfassery?
© 24hourcampfire