Home
Posted By: Genehunter Oxpho blue - 12/03/11
Greetings,

I would like to touch up the blueing on a recently acquired Husqvarna, and from what I've read Brownell's Oxpho blue seems like a favourite. Unfortunately it seems Brownell's will not ship to Canada.

Does anyone know of a Canadian source of Oxpho blue?

Is there an equally effective alternative?

Many thanks in advance, folks!
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Oxpho blue - 12/03/11
I think it might be best if you contact Brownells directly and ask which Canadian businesses buy their product. They will tell you where to get it up here.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Oxpho blue - 12/03/11
WSS
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Oxpho blue - 12/04/11
If you do find some,It works a lot better of you heat the small area with a hair dryer or heat gun.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Oxpho blue - 12/05/11
Genehunter: where do you live in Canada?
Posted By: Genehunter Re: Oxpho blue - 12/06/11
Vancouver.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Oxpho blue - 12/06/11
Guess I can't help you, then. I live right on the border, but at the other end of things.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Oxpho blue - 12/06/11
Wholesale Sports carries it, I have seen it in the Calgary store. That is thier HQ/cat shipping store.
Posted By: Genehunter Re: Oxpho blue - 12/07/11
Thanks guys. I looked on Wholesale's web site, found a related Brownells product called 44/40. I'll give that a whirl.

Best of the season!
Posted By: Stuart Re: Oxpho blue - 12/15/11
Originally Posted by Genehunter
Thanks guys. I looked on Wholesale's web site, found a related Brownells product called 44/40. I'll give that a whirl.

Best of the season!

I've come across this thread too late to help, I think, but doesn't Reliable Gun & Tackle on Fraser & Kingsway carry Oxypho Blue? I know they carry some Brownell's stuff. I've not used 44/40 myself so I can't comment, but I do have Oxypho B and it is pretty good. As advised, (degrease and) heat the area to be treated a little, no matter what you use.

smile Stuart
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Oxpho blue - 12/17/11
I am unable to help you find the product but I have used both. If it were my rifle it would be worth searching 'till I found the Oxpho Blue.

Merry Christmas from south of the border.

Jim
Posted By: Stuart Re: Oxpho blue - 12/17/11
Originally Posted by Rug3
I am unable to help you find the product but I have used both. If it were my rifle it would be worth searching 'till I found the Oxpho Blue.

Merry Christmas from south of the border.

Jim

Agreed. It won't be a true substitute for hot bluing but it's probably as close as you can get.

Reciprocal Christmas greetings from upside of the 49th.

smile Stuart
Posted By: faverric Re: Oxpho blue - 12/20/11
wss ?
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Oxpho blue - 12/20/11
faverric;
Welcome to the 'Fire from the south Okanagan.

As my cyber friend troutfly noted above, it's Wholesale Sports and he said they have it in their catalog, so they should be able to ship it to you.

I've had a wee bit of variable luck with them knowing what they really and truly have in stock or what might be back ordered, but all in all they've been fine to deal with in my experience.

Hopefully that was some use to you, again welcome here and Merry Christmas to you as well.

Regards,
Dwayne
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Oxpho blue - 12/20/11
Originally Posted by faverric
wss ?

Wholesale Sports
Posted By: sabot Re: Oxpho blue - 12/20/11
brownells sells it in liquid or paste.
Posted By: Stuart Re: Oxpho blue - 12/20/11
Originally Posted by sabot
brownells sells it in liquid or paste.

Yes, but, according to the Brownells website:
NOTES: **Requires $17.00 Per Carton Hazardous Materials Surcharge. Cannot ship outside Continental United States. Ship UPS Ground only within U.S.

For those of us north of the 49th, this makes it essentially unavailable unless, like myself, you live close to the border (my gf lives in Bellingham WA) and can get it shipped within CONUS. So the only possibility is to find a dealer in Canada who brings it in.

smile Stuart
Posted By: faverric Re: Oxpho blue - 12/23/11
wss ?

sbobet-ผลบอล-gclub-บาค&a...;#3652;ลน์
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Oxpho blue - 12/23/11
Originally Posted by the_shootist
wss ?

Wholesale Sports
Posted By: Genehunter Re: Oxpho blue - 01/01/12
I called and they don't have it. Reliable Gun doesn't either.

Happy New Year, All!
© 24hourcampfire