Home
A letter is now required from a range to transport a firearm, other than your home range?
This is handguns only?
It's any restricted. You need the ATT to go from your home to a club that you're a member of (that hasn't changed). You need the ATT and to be able to provide a written invitating to go to a range that you are not a member of (or be able to provide one within a reasonable amount of time if requested by the CFO or a police officer).

This is in Ontario only and it's going to court in March. This is the Ontario CFO personal interpretation and it really won't hold water. However, until the courts rule on it just cover your own butt! If your buddy invites you to join him at his club then just print up the email etc. and keep it with your range gear.

Help fight this crap - join the CSSA or NFA and send them a few bucks!
Snow Dog,

I thought the ATT (authorization to transport) allowed the holder to carry to any authorized shooting range. When did this change, do you know?

Jim
I think you have it right, Jim. Any approved range in Ontario that is approved for the type of firearm you are carrying, for instance -- restricted rifles, restricted handguns, full auto, etc.
The CFO sent out a letter to all clubs. Check with your club executive. This has come within the last couple of weeks.
Here's a link for more details:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...de-with-new-att-restrictions-1754435.htm
Thanks for the link. It doesn't affect me personally since I quit using handguns 20 or 30 years ago. The regulations were a PITA then and they have only become more onerous. This seems to be what the CFO's office is trying to achieve. Make things so difficult that people will give up. At my home club we have been forced to spend thousands of dollars on modifications to remove conditions which we have operated under for 40 years or more.

Jim
i have beentold that if i want to transport from Aberta into BC that i have to have a letter from the BC club where i am going to shoot .

at one i think i'll just get a membership.

norm
© 24hourcampfire