Home
This was the young mans first Char, about 22lbs caught in BC.

[Linked Image]
A couple more from BC, those are 2x12 planks those puppies are sitting on.

[Linked Image]
Pacific Ling Cod

[Linked Image]
This is what they call a Skate....I was told they have the same reproductive organs as a human?? Don't know if that is a fact or not.

[Linked Image]
Those are most certainly nice pictures,

I wish I cold show our old slides.

That was fishing, in the fifties.
Well, since it's that time of year....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The secret weapon for big pike through the ice.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And, the best eating of them all...

[Linked Image]

Ted

And then there was the two Newfies that went out ice fishing. They brought home 120 pounds of it. And their wives almost drowned trying to cook it up. shocked
Sturgeon on the Fraser[URL=http://s277.photobucket.com/user/emartens123/media/IMGP0205.jpg.html]
Well that didn't work, I'll try again
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A decent Rainbow from one of the local lakes
Is an American allowed to play?

Ingwewife..

[Linked Image]

Me�yes, her fish is bigger�..

[Linked Image]
We get some char here too--not so much in winter

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

we get some specks too

[Linked Image]
Here's one from years ago thats close to 50lbs

[Linked Image]'s one from years ago thats close to 50lbs
I like fishing with pretty girls

[Linked Image]
My 15 year old's first halibut. Gooood eating...

[Linked Image][/img]
kkahmann,

Some nice Lake Nipigon Lakers and Brookies too.
Brother Keith, had walleye for supper last nite--1st time in 4 months. Boys had to catch them on the Blackwater river in downtown Beardmore--too much slush on the lakes to even think about runnin out there. This has been the winter that never ends--it was -26 this mornin with a bit of wind. Don't guess its much better out your way.
We were in the middle of a tropical heatwave. Only -23 with a pretty brisk wind. It's spring you know, and that ground hog is a bald faced liar! grin
Ted, I always thought you a little of a Hot Dog Fisherman!
A few more from BC...;-) Keep them coming

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Fly fishing in local lakes - browns, speckles and rainbows.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Moosetracker
Fly fishing in local lakes - browns, speckles and rainbows.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice....where you fishing at??
[Linked Image]
A friend's wife with a keeper pickerel.
Great day fishing, great hosts!
Originally Posted by Yukoner

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ted

Well I was going to post a few pics of my burbot I caught this winter, but after seeing this it would be positively embarrassing! Nice fish Yukoner!
[Linked Image]
Some Walleye out of Maxhamish Lake
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Yukoner

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ted

Well I was going to post a few pics of my burbot I caught this winter, but after seeing this it would be positively embarrassing! Nice fish Yukoner!

Yes Yukoner know where they are and the huge ones ...
I ll post later some smaller ones ...
A few Burbot of the size that Yukoner caught,and the freezer would be full for the year.

Lots of the lakes up in the Yukon have the Burbot or only a few ?
How are they to catch in the Summer, hopefully going to make it up there this fall for a few days

Eric
Hi Eric,

There are burbot in most of the lakes here. Most are smaller than those in the picture. smile We ice fish for them, but do catch them incidentally during summer while trolling for lake trout.

They are quite a voracious predator, and often will have fairly large fish in them. The fish in picture where I am wearing the brown Gallatin jacket, was 42" or 43"long, and had a 17" burbot and several small herring in it. The other one was over 40", and full of herring.

Let me know when you are headed this way, and we'll try to keep you out of the tourist traps.

Ted
Originally Posted by xxclaro

No it won't. Most of the ones I catch, are half that size. Post away!

Ted
Here's a couple of nice pike from yesterday.

[Linked Image]

This one was 39", and I caught her on my ultralight whitefish gear, using a tiny jig.

[Linked Image]

Took about ten minutes, and she was pretty tired when she came through the hole. Revived her, and sent her off to make babies this Spring.
Ted

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ted,

I'm trying to enlarge that first pic....head looks like inconneu [sp?]

Vern
That's what it is, and this is what it looked like the next day!

[Linked Image]

Was about twelve pounds IIRC.

We get some pretty big ones over here. I didn't catch it, but I saw one that weighed over sixty pounds. It was caught in a net in Teslin Lake. You have probably caught a few in your favourite haunts over here.

Ted
Well, not much compared to Yukoners, but good eating still.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A couple of Dean River steelhead that got released

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A nice Swiftsure Halibut that went into the freezer

[Linked Image]
I see I cook Lakers just like Youkoner.

We eat eelpout here pretty regular in the winter--not so much in summer. Eelpout meat will get mushy pretty fast even packed in ice. Their delicious fresh. Whitefish on the other hand improve in flavor and texture by spending a few hours on ice.

I've got a picture around here somewhere of a 72lb laker that came out of Teslin. Never been there my ownself.
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I see I cook Lakers just like Youkoner.

We eat eelpout here pretty regular in the winter--not so much in summer. Eelpout meat will get mushy pretty fast even packed in ice. Their delicious fresh. Whitefish on the other hand improve in flavor and texture by spending a few hours on ice.

I've got a picture around here somewhere of a 72lb laker that came out of Teslin. Never been there my ownself.

Actually, it's an inconnu, Stenodus leucichthys, the largest member of the whitefish family. Most of our Alaskan friends call them sheefish. They fight like crazy, with lots of long runs and multiple jumps. Some refer to them as fresh water tarpon.

They are a very oily fish that bake up quite well. You can see the dark oil on the cookie sheet I baked it on.

Ted
Nice Spring in June - From the QC Islands !

[Linked Image]

Cheers RJ
That is a very nice chinook! What did that hog weigh?

Ted
45 lbs ! RJ
Nice fish RJ.....
[Linked Image]
Well I live in Canada so I know where the big ones hide wink
[Linked Image]
Don't laugh...these were a 'first' for these two species on a trip we made to Ontario.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire